Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1978577 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #19290 on: September 21, 2018, 06:36:02 pm »

You done goofed
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19291 on: September 21, 2018, 07:02:03 pm »

I asked my boss if i could pick up some more hours and he apparrently decided i need to start organizing our warehouse inventory. Like deciding where things go and shit. Im not qualified for this i run the cash register
Fun fact: nobody is qualified when they start. You got this. Learn from existing workers snd practices and improve. Hell, you can read up on warehouse organization theory if you want. Become qualified.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19292 on: September 21, 2018, 08:56:31 pm »

How else do you think society would function otherwise when the qualifications require you to have experience doing the job that require the qualifications?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19293 on: September 21, 2018, 10:17:03 pm »

It's just sorting stuff out. Common sense: heavy things go near entrances and on the bottom shelf so that they don't need to be lugged far. Put similar things close together where possible, and closer to where they will be used. Label shelves so that people can tell what's where.

Practice by playing Dwarf Fortress and setting up stockpiles.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #19294 on: September 22, 2018, 02:18:16 am »

The only important thing about organizing a warehouse is that one needs to be able to know where everything is. There are many ways to do this, like assigning every shelf a number and having those numbers and corresponding goods in a searchable computer system, or simply putting up signs that point out to every category of goods. The optimal method to use depends on many things such as warehouse size and goods stored, but anything that's quick enough to draw from should be good enough. I don't know if there's a formal qualification for organizing warehouses, but it'll all come from experience if nowhere else.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19295 on: September 22, 2018, 06:38:50 am »

In my own experience, categorize and divide the storage, then assign tags(numeric, letter, whatever) to evey level. In my case I assigned every row of shelves, then another tag to every shelve and then a tag to every floor of the shelve. If you use bins or boxes then a final tag for it and that's it. Do your inventory (computer or otherwise) and put the "address" of every item there.

I.e. Line A, shelve 3, floor 2. Or short A3F2. So you end up with:

ItemA B4F9
ItemB D2F1

And so on and so forth.

It should be easy to place a tag on the shelves for the rookies to get the ropes but once you get used to it it'll be second nature. I worked for a agri-diesel spare parts retailer and managed a 2 floors, +500 m2 warehouse by my self by doing that. If your system accepts multiple address or locations is better.

Granted it was easier because I was alone to do the heavy lifting too, so I never disorganized it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 06:40:22 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19296 on: September 24, 2018, 11:44:00 pm »

In an actually terrifying headline today "Russian man digs up 29 dead children before turning their corpses into dolls"

Shit that sounds just like a horror movie plot. it turns out he lived in an apartment with his parents but they were somehow unaware that he was carting dead bodies into his room and doing taxidermy on them.

EDIT

Spoiler: Disturbing Details (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:52:19 pm by Reelya »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19297 on: September 25, 2018, 12:27:41 am »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19298 on: September 25, 2018, 01:58:03 am »

Welp, we're fucked.

Yeah.  This problem has been reported for nearly a decade.  The story just confirms what scientists have been saying they expected to see happen.

The reason we're fucked is unless you're preaching to the minority choir, the popular responses to this information will either be attempts to prove that the initial warming that led to this isn't man-made, or amateur theorizing as to the profit potential of harvesting all this methane gas or the deeply buried fossil carbons the researchers hinted at.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19299 on: September 25, 2018, 02:13:13 am »

Why not build a giant lid and put it on it.

"We'll build a wall and make the Molemen pay for it"
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19300 on: September 25, 2018, 02:55:52 am »

We just need to boost emissions of sulfur dioxide to compensate.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19301 on: September 25, 2018, 03:02:58 am »

Don't you know-- All that fucked up climate, consistently horrible weather, routine crop failures, and mass extinctions are problems for FUTURE generations!

We GOT ours!  Why are you so mad!?

/S

(wants to kill the people who preach that shit, just so you know.)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19302 on: September 25, 2018, 05:47:29 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:41:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19303 on: September 25, 2018, 05:54:58 am »

Not sure what you're getting at, my comment was clearly sarcasm, since sulfur dioxide from volcanoes can come down as acid that can melt people's eyes out.

EDIT: can't find the citation but I clearly remember reading some historical eruption which put out tons of SO2, cooled the atmosphere then rained down as acidic rain and damaged people's eyes and the like.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:00:55 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19304 on: September 25, 2018, 05:57:30 am »

Not sure what you're getting at, my comment was clearly sarcasm, since sulfur dioxide from volcanoes can come down as acid that can melt people's eyes out.
But then they won't have to look at issues like this anymore, thereby solving the problem!
Pages: 1 ... 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 ... 1420