Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968738 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #1815 on: September 19, 2012, 11:44:56 am »

:o
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: September 19, 2012, 11:53:44 am »

So now he's a zombie with perfect teeth?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: September 19, 2012, 12:03:02 pm »

It'd be easier to just forgo the the dental hygiene part and just hire somebody to torture you for an hour.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: September 19, 2012, 12:04:17 pm »

* MetalSlimeHunt brags about his godly dentist again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1819 on: September 19, 2012, 12:06:50 pm »

* MetalSlimeHunt brags about his godly dentist again.
Nor does my dentist torture my face.*

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: September 19, 2012, 12:08:05 pm »

It'd be easier to just forgo the the dental hygiene part and just hire somebody to torture you for an hour.
Try two hours under gas and half doped up on novocaine. I was ready to push the guy out of the window, but then i remember i can't pull out my own wisdom teeth :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: September 19, 2012, 12:08:57 pm »

Yeah, my dentist is pretty boss. A visit there is more relaxing than being at work. I've actually fallen asleep in the chair before. Without any kind of drugs.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: September 19, 2012, 12:10:58 pm »

Yeah, my dentist is pretty boss. A visit there is more relaxing than being at work. I've actually fallen asleep in the chair before. Without any kind of drugs.
You know the odds are pretty high that you and I are talking about the same guy.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: September 19, 2012, 12:14:05 pm »

You know the odds are pretty high that you and I are talking about the same guy.
I think we've had this conversation before, and it wasn't the same guy. Mine's Dr. Hall over in Garner (he used to be in Raleigh, moved, and I was more than willing to drive the extra miles)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: September 19, 2012, 12:15:42 pm »

I think we've had this conversation before, and it wasn't the same guy. Mine's Dr. Hall over in Garner (he used to be in Raleigh, moved, and I was more than willing to drive the extra miles)
No, not the same then.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: September 19, 2012, 12:20:35 pm »

Heh, it isnt that bad here. Tough for me it was only pulling out small parts of milkteeth from behind my "normal" teeth.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: September 19, 2012, 01:01:13 pm »

I have yet to lose two baby teeth 8)
My wooden badge was delicious.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: September 19, 2012, 02:05:36 pm »

Try two hours under gas and half doped up on novocaine. I was ready to push the guy out of the window, but then i remember i can't pull out my own wisdom teeth :P
It took them two hours to take your wisdom teeth out? My dentist took mine out in a little under an hour, not counting the time while I was sitting waiting for the painkillers to take effect before they started. I was conscious for the whole thing, and it's surprising just how hard they push on your jaw to get your wisdom teeth out.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: September 19, 2012, 02:52:31 pm »

They put me under for my wisdom teeth, and I found the entire thing (including healing) be pretty much painless.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 19, 2012, 02:57:39 pm »

It took them two hours to take your wisdom teeth out? My dentist took mine out in a little under an hour, not counting the time while I was sitting waiting for the painkillers to take effect before they started. I was conscious for the whole thing, and it's surprising just how hard they push on your jaw to get your wisdom teeth out.
my bottom ones were impacted against my molars so the doc had to cut them into 8 pieces and move them around to pull them out.

While on the dentistry stuff, i have a recurring dream where one of my molars pop out of my mouth and get that sick feeling of blood pouring out and empty spot in my mouth of a crucial tooth.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 1420