Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1204 1205 [1206] 1207 1208 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1976555 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #18075 on: September 17, 2017, 11:56:52 am »

I doubt anything will come of it.

That said, my heart leaped into my throat once when I got a warning from threetoe.
I once got a PM during a very stressful time in my life and didn't check it for a few hours.  I thought it was a moderator, turns out it was someone I was in a minor disagreement with quoting one of my posts and then responding with 2 words.  "no u" or something silly like that.  (user was long since banned for something unrelated so I don't feel worried posting about it)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18076 on: September 17, 2017, 12:02:59 pm »

I feel better now with everyone agreeing it's probably okay. :-)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #18077 on: September 17, 2017, 12:09:27 pm »

Looking at the thread, I'm not even sure if you actually got reported. The person might have been joking.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18078 on: September 17, 2017, 12:24:30 pm »

Someone may have reported me for a picture, and I pmed Toady. Both of these things terrify me. O.o I like being the guy that people in charge never notice. I have had plenty of experience being punished, I have learned to be circumspect and behaved.
@_@ wot
*checks thread*
Looking at the thread, I'm not even sure if you actually got reported. The person might have been joking.
*sees BHK*

...Oh dear :P
Yeah he's joking. Being a good friendo of Cinder, Cinder's wittiness or his own wittiness goes through with the jokes. No harm done (I believe it was because of joking earlier that in America, NOTHING ABOUT THE CHEST SHOULD BE SHOWN BECAUSE D: and reasons I forgot)

But yes, no panic please. :P

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18079 on: September 17, 2017, 01:14:30 pm »

Yeah, looking at it that's a pretty obvious joke.

Took some time to realise it was in the photoshare thread though. I was looking at the WTF thread and wondering what you guys were even talking about.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18080 on: September 18, 2017, 06:37:58 am »

I shall chime in to agree that it did indeed appear to be a joke.   
I am not Terrified but I am highly amused. :))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #18081 on: September 18, 2017, 07:36:48 am »

Someone may have reported me for a picture, and I pmed Toady. Both of these things terrify me. O.o I like being the guy that people in charge never notice. I have had plenty of experience being punished, I have learned to be circumspect and behaved.

Yeah there are a few heroic people around here... poor neon he never saw it coming
××××××××××××××××××

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18082 on: September 18, 2017, 08:09:06 am »

... Pretty sure he did. Toady mentioned repeatedly trying to explain to him, like we all did, that he often came across as argumentative and deliberately dense/contrarian. Not saying he deserved it, but... When I admin on SS13, I try to be reasonable, but repeatedly and continuously doing things I have asked you not to do ends with you being in trouble. That's how warnings work. You get warned, then you get punished.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18083 on: September 18, 2017, 02:06:52 pm »

Perhaps a better way to say it is that, if he DIDN'T see it coming, then that's why it came; it was an unredeemable situation if he couldn't see what the problem even was, let alone how to fix it. And considering how he'd react when people (like me) would call on him, and tell him what the problem is in very exacting detail, he'd immediately go defensive and talk as if the entire forum hated him for no reason... Well, I think that that is very likely that he, indeed, "didn't see it coming."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:08:37 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #18084 on: September 18, 2017, 03:42:44 pm »

I had to drive in Helsinki today. During rush hour. And the GPS navigator was pointing me at the city center rather than my destination, which I didn't notice until I was there. At least I had an experienced driver in the passenger seat, though he currently has a broken leg so I had to take the actual wheel.

Traffic in Helsinki is designed to be extremely orderly with traffic lights everywhere, many complex traffic signs that are only in effect under specific conditions and so many lines drawn on the road itself that it could well be a piece of abstract art. I can imagine it being very efficient for the locals, but for someone such as myself who only visits the capital on rare occasion, it's just plain undecipherable.

I did end up skirting a curb, but luckily there was no damage. Still made a very terrifying crunch when it happened.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18085 on: September 18, 2017, 03:49:33 pm »

I almost didn't pay a traffic ticket. Made it by 2 days.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18086 on: September 18, 2017, 05:49:28 pm »

Exam tomorrow. Might actually go well, but I feel like I'm going to bomb.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18087 on: September 18, 2017, 06:12:26 pm »

Exam tomorrow. Might actually go well, but I feel like I'm going to bomb.

An exam in what? Do tell. Nucular physicals? Positronic Matrices? Flux Polarity Capacitators? Math?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18088 on: September 18, 2017, 06:14:42 pm »

I love driving ships, love the ocean, love diving, love swimming, love swimming pools & even want to take up free diving, but as one who's nearly drowned to death before I don't forget how powerful water is. And it remains something to respect. In many ways I'm thankful we have much more information on how to safely enjoy the power of big bodies of liquid. My neighbour had friends who were offered commercial diving jobs by big oil people back in the old days when health and safety regulations didn't really exist and the only qualifications you needed to be an undersea engineer was to know how to dive. They were pretty lucky to retire mostly intact given that other unfortunates got turned inside out or suffered lung damage. It's something you have to keep in mind but when dealing with water pressure and atmospheres over small areas (like your body) you can end up dealing with situations where actual tonnes of force are being exerted upon you. It is truly terrifying, but fortunately humans as a whole get better at not dying

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18089 on: September 18, 2017, 06:33:43 pm »

I love driving ships, love the ocean, love diving, love swimming, love swimming pools & even want to take up free diving, but as one who's nearly drowned to death before I don't forget how powerful water is. And it remains something to respect. In many ways I'm thankful we have much more information on how to safely enjoy the power of big bodies of liquid. My neighbour had friends who were offered commercial diving jobs by big oil people back in the old days when health and safety regulations didn't really exist and the only qualifications you needed to be an undersea engineer was to know how to dive. They were pretty lucky to retire mostly intact given that other unfortunates got turned inside out or suffered lung damage. It's something you have to keep in mind but when dealing with water pressure and atmospheres over small areas (like your body) you can end up dealing with situations where actual tonnes of force are being exerted upon you. It is truly terrifying, but fortunately humans as a whole get better at not dying
Reminds me of all those stories of cave divers who never come back. Never in a million years will you get me to go into an underwater cave system. I have no mental problem going to a hundred feet but caves are terrifying.
Pages: 1 ... 1204 1205 [1206] 1207 1208 ... 1420