Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1135 1136 [1137] 1138 1139 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969215 times)

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17040 on: October 25, 2016, 08:09:57 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #17041 on: October 25, 2016, 08:19:25 pm »

as long as i got to delete my browser history and everything, death comes and i go

loss of consciousness is incomprehensible because weve never lived without it (this is a bit of a duh statement), but religious concepts like afterlife are all defined as things were familiar about and even then its still "beyond the scope of our imagination"
thats why we like it
maybe if paradise wasnt described in terms of "better than the shithole you call home", wed be more confused and concerned about it than before

if there is a god, then perhaps he simplified paradise into terms wed mostly understand in whatever religions he made and that solves that
but that just raises more questions about legitimacy and whatnot that is a topic for another thread

if there isnt, that question answers itself and there is no paradise and were doomed to make the most of life (thats the terrifying part for me, at least)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17042 on: October 25, 2016, 08:26:20 pm »

as long as i got to delete my browser history and everything, death comes and i go

loss of consciousness is incomprehensible because weve never lived without it (this is a bit of a duh statement), but religious concepts like afterlife are all defined as things were familiar about and even then its still "beyond the scope of our imagination"
thats why we like it
maybe if paradise wasnt described in terms of "better than the shithole you call home", wed be more confused and concerned about it than before

if there is a god, then perhaps he simplified paradise into terms wed mostly understand in whatever religions he made and that solves that
but that just raises more questions about legitimacy and whatnot that is a topic for another thread

if there isnt, that question answers itself and there is no paradise and were doomed to make the most of life (thats the terrifying part for me, at least)
Well, I mean when you've reached a point of some sort of abstract religion(which I did long ago) there comes a time of doubt and such, but rely on your core beliefs but have open minded stuff about the statements and metaphors used in the bible. Does that help any?

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #17043 on: October 25, 2016, 08:29:38 pm »

i know a lot of people under the 'spiritual but not religious' tag

there could be a higher being, or not, but either way i either need to make life work because its either all i have or all my future will be judged by

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17044 on: October 25, 2016, 08:59:32 pm »

@Myroc:Sorry if this seems presumptuous, but *hugs*

If death scares you, work to solve it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #17045 on: October 25, 2016, 09:00:58 pm »

ah yes, tbf is right, death cannot strike once it is conquered and its children are flayed on the spears of the once servile

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17046 on: October 25, 2016, 10:34:41 pm »

... closest thread to it. Not really terror but definitely a degree of apprehension. Going to give a go at installing long, long overdue system updates (I... may still be using vista's SP1, at the moment). The last time I tried this rollbacks got involved. Hopefully it will go better this time :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17047 on: October 25, 2016, 10:47:14 pm »

People talk about how they want their browser history cleared after they die. I want mine posted on every goddamn forum I'm a part of when I pass.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17048 on: October 26, 2016, 12:02:12 am »

... closest thread to it. Not really terror but definitely a degree of apprehension. Going to give a go at installing long, long overdue system updates (I... may still be using vista's SP1, at the moment). The last time I tried this rollbacks got involved. Hopefully it will go better this time :-\

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17049 on: October 26, 2016, 12:17:25 am »

Yall need philosophy.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17050 on: October 26, 2016, 05:08:54 am »

I honestly think I might have to stop frequenting the local Mexican restaurant because they're just too friendly.
Every time I go in there my anxiety skyrockets. Today I got takeaway nachos and there was a smiley face drawn on the box. :o
How am I supposed to interpret that? Good gods this is stressful. There was also another smiley face on the tub of extra-hot salsa.

Perhaps my base anxiety level is just higher than it used to be these days, but still.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17051 on: October 26, 2016, 05:16:01 am »

But Yoink, you can't stop going now. If you just vanish, you'll emotionally wound the friendly employees who will then be left second-guessing every kind action they ever want to take again. The fear of driving away another like they drove you away will subtly haunt them for the rest of their lives, jeopardizing each moment of human warmth they would have brought into the world.

"Will this one hate me and run away, just like that regular did", they'll probably say to themselves. By the end, death will be a release from the cold cruelty of this heartless world.

So, in short, you have to keep going to the Mexican restaurant until you get a marriage proposal or else you will ruin the lives of hundreds if not thousands of people by proxy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17052 on: October 26, 2016, 05:21:10 am »

I'd love to have restaurant employees as friendly as that.
Just as long as none invade my surrounding invisible personal space-wall.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
Smile
« Reply #17053 on: October 26, 2016, 05:48:03 am »

I honestly think I might have to stop frequenting the local Mexican restaurant because they're just too friendly.
Every time I go in there my anxiety skyrockets. Today I got takeaway nachos and there was a smiley face drawn on the box. :o
How am I supposed to interpret that? Good gods this is stressful. There was also another smiley face on the tub of extra-hot salsa.

Perhaps my base anxiety level is just higher than it used to be these days, but still.

Ah hah ha,
I used to do the same kind of shit, sometimes in the food industry, yah lose your fucking mind?!
"I have a marker so what do you expect! The scream? I'm in the food industry! If I was a dead famous artist you would know about me! But you don't and I want to get in your pants. So here is a smily face cause I'm a serial killer shy"

Personaly I think you should go there more, could be a trap good time?
Maybe do a test, ask if others get smily faces.
Maybe wear a costume and see if they still draw smilys.
You havn't done enough research into these "friendly" humans.

Do it
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17054 on: October 26, 2016, 06:09:50 am »

Black Mirror season 3 thing with the giant spider mutated head and the skinless zombie skull. Like why ;_;

The previous episode was kinda opimistic so I thought ^_^ Just one more episode before bed!

Pages: 1 ... 1135 1136 [1137] 1138 1139 ... 1420