Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965608 times)

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #15915 on: March 28, 2016, 10:40:49 am »

things that scared you today.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think I saw that duck somewhere before.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15916 on: March 28, 2016, 07:11:13 pm »

Slipped backward and tried to catch myself with my right thumb.  It bent pretty far and I was really scared it was dislocated for a few seconds.

It's feeling a bit better but I can barely hold my mouse right now, blurgh.  It's not swelling though.

On the plus side I can feel better about putting off the thing I was really terrified about, another visit home :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15917 on: March 28, 2016, 07:18:58 pm »

Huh, my left thumb is giving me grief at the moment. Although it's getting better, so I don't think it's as bad as what happened to my toe.

Yeah, visits "home" are pretty terrifying. I'm struggling through one of those at the moment, although technically it's more just a visit to family- I never lived here, nor at my brother's current place. I did visit other family in a house where I used to live, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15918 on: March 28, 2016, 07:38:23 pm »

Yeah more of my "hometown" I guess, technically two different cities within half an hour of each other.
It's a bit comforting to see people in the sad thread being able to cut ties with their shitty families, and deal with the sadness and pain.  But I don't want to do that...  It's... so complicated.

My parents aren't bad, not really.  It's just what happens to me when I'm around either of them.  They're so opposite, but over time it's the same effect...  Whether kindly or callously, they criticize me so much, and I just can't justify my existence.  Like my self esteem is a lie and I suck at lying.

They don't mean to, they try not to.  Probably a lot of it is just in my head!  Doesn't matter, the feeling is unstoppable and terrifying.  Only in person, though!  My relationship with them gets better and better the longer I stay away, because here at home I do feel like a real person.  But then inevitably I have to visit in person, and I just fall to pieces (and the feeling persists for weeks, and really threatens my job).

I mean I guess the solution is pretty obvious actually...  I simply need to stop visiting them, and they have to respect that.  I need to stop pretending it's something I can power through, because every time I try it goes worse.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15919 on: March 28, 2016, 11:05:34 pm »

*hugs Rolan7, passes ibuprofen and cup of water*
*ditto for Yoink*

Absence does make the heart grow fonder, as the oft-stated quote...

I wish I had actual advice to give, but I'm not experienced in that kind of stuff...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15920 on: March 28, 2016, 11:06:28 pm »

Notice that for the last few days TheBiggerFish's hugs stopped being platonic.

Just saying.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15921 on: March 28, 2016, 11:08:37 pm »

*retro- and proactively indicates that all hugs are platonic unless otherwise noted...*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15922 on: March 28, 2016, 11:10:43 pm »

So you say...so you say...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15923 on: March 28, 2016, 11:13:31 pm »

Honestly it started getting annoying to type.
Sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15924 on: March 28, 2016, 11:14:54 pm »

I can see why there would be confusion.  People just aren't aware that you changed your name to Plato.
She/they

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15925 on: March 28, 2016, 11:18:36 pm »

Pfahaha.

In other news, something that just terrified me:I seem to be procrastinating severely.  It's been two days and nothing's gotten done.  Aaaaaaaaaaa.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15926 on: March 29, 2016, 01:07:49 am »

It's 2 AM and I can't sleep. I need more light. I'm seeing shadows on the walls, strands of burning air tearing through the room. My thoughts are racing to the point they're causing headaches. And it just won't stop.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15927 on: March 29, 2016, 01:38:49 am »

*applies mug of tea, smooth jazz*

...Good luck.

It's 2 AM over here too, although I'm mostly awake because I can't be bothered to sleep...
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15928 on: March 29, 2016, 03:24:57 am »

Ragtimey jazz is so much nicer to relax to... I definitely recommend some Tuba Skinny for such purposes.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #15929 on: March 29, 2016, 04:06:12 am »

It's 2 AM and I can't sleep. I need more light. I'm seeing shadows on the walls, strands of burning air tearing through the room. My thoughts are racing to the point they're causing headaches. And it just won't stop.
Turn on the lights, I often sleep better when they're on if I'm afraid. And yeah, some music or podcasts might help. It's much easier to calm down when there's actual noise and not just imagined noise.
Pages: 1 ... 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 ... 1420