Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964127 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #15315 on: January 11, 2016, 10:05:45 pm »

Dagens Nyheter is a rightwing paper. Sweden had no left-wing nation-scale newspapers.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15316 on: January 11, 2016, 10:46:26 pm »

Dagens Nyheter is a rightwing paper. Sweden had no left-wing nation-scale newspapers.
By Swedish standards Scriver, your Nazis are pro-immigration LGBT activists

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15317 on: January 11, 2016, 11:09:53 pm »

I was hoping for a "but you don't have to take my word for it" but IT NEVER CAME
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15318 on: January 11, 2016, 11:25:28 pm »

Scriver seems honest and trustworthy though

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15319 on: January 11, 2016, 11:52:23 pm »

The Swedish standard of "right wing" is left-wing as hell in the rest of the world.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15320 on: January 12, 2016, 01:32:09 am »

I was hoping for a "but you don't have to take my word for it" but IT NEVER CAME

From me?
Love, scriver~

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15321 on: January 12, 2016, 01:32:51 pm »

The Swedish standard of "right wing" is left-wing as hell in the rest of the world.

Except for drugs other than alcohol. They hate weed, cocaine, heroin, some of these things are more likely to screw up your life than others, but they seem to have a special aversion to weed. Like one that seems out of place given the rest of their politics.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #15322 on: January 13, 2016, 10:01:08 pm »

Soo... three years ago, my brother got sick with a brain tumor. He was 18, and it was a pedeatric cancer tumor; his recovery was slow, but he made it through. He's been very healthy these past months, walking under his own power, speaking without the stutter he had before, helping shop. He was very tired, he was taking (prescribed) pills daily, and he used his illness as an excuse to not do any chores, but he was relatively healthy.
Tonight I'm worried out of my wits. All of a sudden it's like the night when he was rushed to Edmonton for an emergency operation because they had confirmed it was a tumor; he was unable to talk, only able to get out shuddering gasps and sobs between throwing up and drooling. Before he lost his talking, he complained loudly that he needed to go to the hospital, his face was numb, and I didn't catch the rest of it because it was unintelligible garble through the sobs. He's unable to walk on his own, so the emergency response people carried him to an ambulance on a stretcher; he kept trying to lie down before we got him situated into a wheelchair while calling 911, and I'm afraid he's going to suffocate on his own drool if they don't keep an eye on him. I don't know if they took him south to Red Deer, further to Calgary, or north to Edmonton; both my parents have left the house, canceling all their previous arrangements to look after him, my mom going with him on the ambulance, my dad going later to bring some essential supplies for my mom, and I've arranged with my boss for a ride to work tomorrow (I can't drive yet, at 23/24 yrs old).

I feel positively sick to my stomach with worry for him, and hope he makes it through; they didn't expect him to live 3 years ago, I really need prayers for him and for me so that we make it through this. At least, well wishes and a passing thought, if you don't do prayers. Ugh, I'm beside myself, I can't even think straight right now. I probably won't sleep well tonight, though I rarely sleep well. I hope, I really do, that he's better by morning, but if he's not I hope recovery is still swift. Best case scenario, it's food poisoning, and I reeeaaaaally don't want to think abut the worst case scenario.

Edit: He's being airlifted by STARS to Edmonton. He's had a brain bleed, and we're all very scared and sad. No clue what caused it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #15324 on: January 13, 2016, 10:13:46 pm »

Cancer sucks.
Tell me about it. I nearly lost him the first time and was emotionally scarred, I'm sure as hell not going to hold up if I lose him this time.
I... kinda feel the need for a hug, right about now. Even though it's not me with the cancer, he's my freaking little brother, of course major lifechanging things for him are going to affect me. I don't fucking care about the fact that cleaning up the house would be easier without him, if I lost him I'd... I'd...
sigh
I don't know what I'd do. probably something reckless and stupid. which is why i'm hoping he makes it damnit im too emotional to type right sorry
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Nunzillor

« Reply #15325 on: January 13, 2016, 10:25:42 pm »

I don't pray, but I'll pray for your brother anyway.  Best wishes to you and yours.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15326 on: January 13, 2016, 10:29:41 pm »

Good luck.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15327 on: January 13, 2016, 10:53:04 pm »

Flabort's brother, flabort's brother. I try to keep that in my mind, just the thought I default to when there's nothing else I should be thinking about, when I have time to think. I'll keep him in mind, I'll remember him as best as I can. Because nobody should be forgotten.

Good luck, to you and your brother.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #15328 on: January 13, 2016, 10:56:22 pm »

D:

...best of luck to your brother, flabort.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15329 on: January 13, 2016, 11:03:46 pm »

* Cinder hugs flabort
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 ... 1420