Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1963819 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #15270 on: January 09, 2016, 12:41:25 am »

That's pretty unusual.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #15271 on: January 09, 2016, 12:50:33 am »

I think it was the codeine at any rate. I didn't even make the connection until after I had stopped taking it. I happened to read the list of possible side effects and lo and behold the list included all sorts of heartbeat irregularities; that stuff apparently can really screw up your pulse.

EDIT:
Apparently insomnia is also, itself, a possible side-effect
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 12:56:48 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15272 on: January 09, 2016, 07:10:25 am »

Polan. What are you doing. Stahp.

The new gov't passed a law that made the appointment of the directors of national media a direct ministerial decision - effectively, at ruling party's discretion. And promptly appointed a guy who was infamous for quipping that 'the dimwitted masses will eat up anything' on live TV a couple years back.

Brb, going shopping for black jackboots.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

- Abraham Lincoln
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #15273 on: January 09, 2016, 07:11:45 am »

Lincoln - truly a great man.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #15274 on: January 09, 2016, 11:08:09 am »

The new gov't passed a law that made the appointment of the directors of national media a direct ministerial decision - effectively, at ruling party's discretion. And promptly appointed a guy who was infamous for quipping that 'the dimwitted masses will eat up anything' on live TV a couple years back.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

- Abraham Lincoln

That was C. S. Lewis.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #15275 on: January 09, 2016, 11:11:24 am »

If the "That was C.S. Lewis" was directed at me, I know. Well, I knew that it wasn't Lincoln anyway.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15276 on: January 09, 2016, 01:15:22 pm »

"Titty sprinkles." - Morgan Freeman

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15277 on: January 09, 2016, 01:36:30 pm »

"Baby you've got the cutest personality" - Fallout 4, probably

actually Johnny Mercer
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15278 on: January 09, 2016, 02:18:49 pm »

- Abraham Lincoln
That quote reminds me of this one.
"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable."
— James Baldwin
Except he doesn't imagine himself as pure of heart, he knows what he's doing, and is just overtly acting like this for whatever reason. He doesn't think he's pure of heart, and doesn't want good for the people of his country. He wants power, and believes that the highest position in that current government isn't powerful enough. He wants absolute power, and absolute power corrupts. Both quotes are excellent, but aren't, what's the word, fitting.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15279 on: January 09, 2016, 05:56:01 pm »

This article just gets more and more horrifying as it goes on. D: D: D:
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15280 on: January 09, 2016, 06:45:41 pm »

Holy shit.
That is genuinely horrifying.
I cannot say anything that would not repeat what has already been said.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15281 on: January 09, 2016, 07:03:15 pm »

Holy shit.
That is genuinely horrifying.
I cannot say anything that would not repeat what has already been said.
Re-legalize hemp, make polymers out of plants instead.

EDIT: Screw it, I'm moving out of the United States after I vote for Bernie Sanders in the election. This place is actually Wraeclast.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:12:26 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15282 on: January 09, 2016, 07:16:10 pm »

@inteuniso:...Yikes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15283 on: January 09, 2016, 07:27:34 pm »

@inteuniso:...Yikes.

I was born on a US Army base to a mother working at the hospital, I was adopted my adoptive dad worked (just retired 10 days ago) for the CIA, I lived in North Virginia, Shanghai, China, a RAF base in Oxfordshire, England, UK, Rabat, Morocco and northwest Louisiana. I accept that I'm probably indirectly responsible for the death of thousands of humans, not even trying to count the animals I've eaten.

I became a vegetarian a few months ago, I'm thinking about Auroville, India after I have some savings. Settle into a life of farming and alcohol-fueled hemp industry.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15284 on: January 09, 2016, 07:36:23 pm »

Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 1017 1018 [1019] 1020 1021 ... 1420