Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964773 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #14655 on: October 27, 2015, 04:39:33 pm »

Upstairs of the factory is spoopy.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14656 on: October 27, 2015, 04:47:21 pm »

"Row me faster! I want to hit them with my cutlass!"
Love, scriver~

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #14657 on: October 27, 2015, 05:01:09 pm »

what if we just hang a magnet from the hood, in front of the engine block, to pull it forward
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14658 on: October 27, 2015, 05:45:51 pm »

I still think I prefer piratecar.

Piratecar: Steal the speed!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14659 on: October 27, 2015, 06:08:08 pm »

Why not just install a rowing machine to power your piratecar with a bottom-deck full of rowers?

I like this idea. We could start handing out community service sentences like candy and make criminals run pedal powered city galleybuses. They aren't directly spinning the wheels though, the driver still has full control, and changes gears as needed.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14660 on: October 27, 2015, 06:09:31 pm »

In the same toy vein, we could rebuild all of our roads as slotcar tracks and make all new cars be slotcars. That's how you "solve" the endurance problem on electric cars, right?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14661 on: October 27, 2015, 06:41:30 pm »

Brits, Canadians, Germans, Chinese and Brazilians have hydrogen buses, I suspect better technology will one day make hydrogen fuel cells more readily available for the public
OIOI BREAKING NEWS YH YH
Honda nipons have created technnocarhydrogenmobile

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14662 on: October 27, 2015, 07:17:54 pm »

Brits, Canadians, Germans, Chinese and Brazilians have hydrogen buses, I suspect better technology will one day make hydrogen fuel cells more readily available for the public
OIOI BREAKING NEWS YH YH

They've built a terrifying monstrosity that constantly spews lethal dihydrogen monoxide out the back of the vehicle.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #14663 on: October 28, 2015, 06:26:06 am »

I'm not terrified with this but anyway it's this.

If you are paranoid with that, dump your hard disc into something that melts something like ceramic and steel(blast furnace is recommended) or turn it into fine grain, buy a random computer from a random store (no, don't ask to send it to your home) and don't connect to the internet or with any USB items.
The side effect is erasing everything inside into oblivion, so that one hard disc will not be back because it's molten and shared with all the great liquid stuff. Perfect if you wanna destroy every data inside that one hard disc.
Quote from: Hard disk destroyer
You can't be too careful when protecting your private data.

OIOI BREAKING NEWS YH YH
Honda nipons have created technocar w' hydrogenmotor

They've built a terrifying monstrosity that constantly spews lethal dihydrogen monoxide out the back of the vehicle.
What's lethal is probably it's heat. Add with the fact that hot hydrogenic things(something like water etc.) could heat things to the point of ignition to the mix*. Bam*.
*no pun intended
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14664 on: October 28, 2015, 08:53:01 am »

OIOI BREAKING NEWS YH YH

I knew someone who was killed by a dihydrogen monoxide overdose. That shit is terrible on your lungs.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14665 on: October 28, 2015, 09:14:14 am »

If you are paranoid with that, dump your hard disc into something that melts something like ceramic and steel(blast furnace is recommended) or turn it into fine grain, buy a random computer from a random store (no, don't ask to send it to your home) and don't connect to the internet or with any USB items.
The side effect is erasing everything inside into oblivion, so that one hard disc will not be back because it's molten and shared with all the great liquid stuff. Perfect if you wanna destroy every data inside that one hard disc.

OIOI BREAKING NEWS YH YH

What's lethal is probably it's heat. Add with the fact that hot hydrogenic things(something like water etc.) could heat things to the point of ignition to the mix*. Bam*.
*no pun intended

You dont want NSA to know your favorite japanese cartoons?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14666 on: October 28, 2015, 09:20:31 am »

I honestly have immense respect for both the guys that designed Stuxnet and the guys who broke it down. It's serious Hollywood-level stuff.

So anyway, in actual terrified news, the university fee protests are basically over. Except in the place where they started, where people are destroying textbooks and setting fires.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14667 on: October 29, 2015, 06:57:37 pm »

Shootout, and what might've been a pursuit by the police after someone happened, and ended, right outside this very building. Loads of shots and car noises, and now there are a bunch of police cars (and more coming, as well as an ambulance if I hear it right) isolating the area while pretty much the whole neighbourhood is converging at the scene. Holy shit.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14668 on: October 29, 2015, 07:19:49 pm »

Just keep your head down, dude :(

That must be terrifying indeed.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14669 on: October 29, 2015, 10:38:45 pm »

OIOI BREAKING NEWS YH YH

*no pun intended

You dont want NSA to know your favorite japanese cartoons?

Ah, the classic "OI'VE got nuffin to hide, so unilateral warrantless government spying and electronic attacks are perfectly reasonable."  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 1420