Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965026 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #14595 on: October 22, 2015, 09:28:08 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14596 on: October 23, 2015, 06:17:21 am »

Just give it a shot, the worst that happens is she turns you down.  It isn't as big a deal as it feels like, honestly.

Turning me down is the least of my worries. What I'm afraid of, because it has happened twice to me already, is that she will agree and then drag it out because she doesn't actually want to do it but doesn't want to say so. So I end up obsessing over it and have no closure. When you get turned down at least you can move on.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14597 on: October 23, 2015, 06:35:56 am »

If that happens don't obsess but ask her upfront about it. Like, the biggest and most confusing issue with all these relationships (romantic or otherwise) is all the guessing and assumptions that only lead to trouble when you can just go and ask them to confirm your worry.

Tho with that you can get the issue of the other person not wanting to answer the question because reasons :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14598 on: October 24, 2015, 04:28:46 pm »

THE ONLY GOOD SPIDER.

IS A DEAD SPIDER.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:34:14 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14599 on: October 24, 2015, 04:31:21 pm »

Why do you have to kill spiderbros en masse?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14600 on: October 24, 2015, 04:54:07 pm »

There's these massive spiders in my house. As in, palm-big. They're kind of cute tbh, so scared of everything.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #14601 on: October 24, 2015, 05:31:22 pm »

There's these massive spiders in my house. As in, palm-big. They're kind of cute tbh, so scared of everything.
All it takes is ONE being brave enough to jump on your face and they won't be cute anymore.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14602 on: October 24, 2015, 06:52:47 pm »

FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14603 on: October 24, 2015, 11:01:18 pm »

Apparently, after years of avoiding it, I've been signed up to do "voluntary" work in exchange for my unemployment pay.
This is tomorrow. Oh gods.
Nine-'til-five of having to interact with strangers doing tedious work at an unfamiliar location I have to find my way to via public transport early in the morning. I'm probably going to freak out and either flee the premises or not show up in the first place, thus losing my payment and being forced into a life of crime to survive.

...Or more likely just becoming homeless. A life of crime would require a fair amount of social interaction and hard work.
I'd fail at that, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14604 on: October 24, 2015, 11:08:03 pm »

Dude, if I can hold onto a full time job for two months and more, you can do it to. You will survive, and you won't have to be homeless, even.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14605 on: October 24, 2015, 11:12:17 pm »

Thanks. I hope so. I've just proven to be really, really bad at this sort of thing in the past.
Even if I do lose my payment I probably wouldn't become homeless, but that would mean leeching off of family/friends and I hate doing that.
(Leeching off the government is just fine, obviously.)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14606 on: October 24, 2015, 11:19:30 pm »

Don't worry, even if you're leeching off the government, you're still leeching off your family and friends just a little bit since they both pay taxes and pay people for products and services who themselves pay even higher taxes. Some portion of which goes into paying you, so that when you spend it on any service from anyone, you give a portion of that money right back to the government through taxes! Who then pay you...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14607 on: October 24, 2015, 11:36:08 pm »

It's mooches all the way down...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14608 on: October 24, 2015, 11:43:43 pm »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14609 on: October 25, 2015, 12:55:56 am »

I have my first baby on the way, and my wife just got laid off from her job because she is pregnant. A legal loophole allows this, and we are now out of savings. The car broke twice, and if it breaks again then I can't get to work, and then we lose our health insurance. The mechanic was nice enough to give us our car back without payment, or that's where we would be now. We do not have enough money to pay rent anymore, much less feed a baby. Also, my wife has a heart defect that may make birth dangerous.

We are making it through. You can make it through unemployment, even if you don't like people. Chin up! Take the help that your government, friends, and family offers. Then when someone else needs YOUR help, pay it forward.

And remember, kill all the spiders. It's the right thing to do.
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 1420