Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965191 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #14580 on: October 20, 2015, 04:25:54 pm »

Wheat is banned in Cinderland?
Why?
The gluten-free party took over parliament. RIP.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14581 on: October 20, 2015, 04:36:36 pm »

The wheat and wheat byproducts turned into Australian wasps.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14582 on: October 20, 2015, 06:12:28 pm »

I finally got to brightness-adjust a FNAF teaser image without having it spoiled for me. At first it looked like nothing was there, but then GIMP refreshed and I got sp00ked.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14583 on: October 20, 2015, 06:27:55 pm »

Apparently, after years of avoiding it, I've been signed up to do "voluntary" work in exchange for my unemployment pay.

At least the one other time I did something similar it actually was voluntary... I was given an option of doing conservation work (combined with a short study course) a couple of days a week instead of having to apply for jobs as usual. That was actually quite good, it was an enjoyable experience, I was doing something I cared about, there was good company, and I even got some qualifications out of it.

Now I feel like I've just been sentenced to death or diagnosed with terminal illness.
My life basically ends on Monday, barring some sort of miracle. I won't be able to pay my rent.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14584 on: October 20, 2015, 06:31:38 pm »

...Well.  That sucks.  I don't suppose anyone in Yoink's area has a spare miracle?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14585 on: October 20, 2015, 06:37:51 pm »

I'm probably overreacting just a little.
Y'all should keep your spare miracles in case you need 'em for something. Thanks, though.

Hopefully I can somehow weasel my way out of doing this stuff after all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14586 on: October 20, 2015, 06:39:24 pm »

Wheat and wheat byproducts are banned here anyways.

That's seriously fucked up.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14587 on: October 20, 2015, 07:03:50 pm »

You guys are seriously missing the Night Vale joke.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14588 on: October 20, 2015, 07:24:54 pm »

I keep forgetting things today. I hope I don't have some kind of brain damage or something.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14589 on: October 20, 2015, 08:08:19 pm »

You guys are seriously missing the Night Vale joke.
Not hard considering how long that show/podcast is by this point.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #14590 on: October 21, 2015, 05:54:55 pm »

Ah, nothing like resisting killing a large spider (the usual routine; the killing, that is), and instead, attempting to conquer your fear by trapping it inside a clear plastic cup, and setting it back into the wild (believe it or not, more or less, I've gotten sick of killing them). Fortunately, it was already trapped in the bathtub when I went to snag it. But still, as safe as I was after containing it, and even trying to get a better look at it afterwards to further conquer my fear (behind the safety of the cup barrier), I'm still shaking a bit from being that close to a spider roughly half the size of my hand.

For what it's worth, at least I'm getting better at overcoming my fear. I guess I won't be completely over my fear until I handle one bare handed. Preferably, not one the size of my hand or larger.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 05:58:16 pm by Itnetlolor »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14591 on: October 21, 2015, 07:07:11 pm »

You should try handling jumping spiders first :v, they're completely harmless and really tiny, and possibly the only kind of spider in existence that can be considered rather cute. Its also the only kind of spider i'll actualy touch :P
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #14592 on: October 21, 2015, 09:35:57 pm »

tomorrow i'm driving into a [redacted] to discuss [redacted] with people who, presumably, are very bored if they are willing to [redacted] from some random university schlub

i'm not sure how or why this happened

but the fact that, due to scheduling, i will surely be sleep deprived at the time is not helping me calm down enough to get to sleep at a reasonable hour

irony, you are a cruel master
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14593 on: October 22, 2015, 02:48:15 pm »

So I'm just gonna rant a bit here, hope no one minds.

About half an year ago I had a crush on a girl. Never worked up the courage to ask her out though, could have asked over the summer, but as time went on the less there seemed to be a point to it, as a lot of shit was going down because school ended, so it was time to start living in a different city, find a place to live, try to get used to studing in an university and so on and so on.

So I put her out my mind and meanwhile I am now actually pretty happy with my life. I like studying in an university, living in a bigger city is actually kinda cool, I have gotten back into the habit of working on my projects and I've been gaining just a tiny bit of confidence.

And today I went to an event where was singing. I always did like her singing. So there I went and listened and loved it even more that I thought I would. And now the crush is back. Like way the hell back. So now I will either obsess over her for a few months until it fades(lol, doubtful that's gonna happen this time) or I'm going to have to try to ask her out. And because of my newfound confidence, the first option has stopped being as appealing to me as it once was. And the second option has a time limit because she is considering moving to a different city, and it also has the problem that apparently the part of my brain responsible for conversations still seems to shut down in her presence.

So now there's a familiar feeling in my chest, which is best characterized as a pair of tongs squeezing my heart that accompanies me whenever I am anxious and have stuff I need to be doing. I am doubtful I will be able to properly concentrate on my projects until I get rid of it. And last time I had a crush on someone I got depressed a few months when it didn't work out, which really does not appeal to me.

Fucknuggets, just when stuff started to go right. I just hope this doesn't go badly.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14594 on: October 22, 2015, 05:14:08 pm »

Just give it a shot, the worst that happens is she turns you down.  It isn't as big a deal as it feels like, honestly.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 1420