Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968028 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #14445 on: October 08, 2015, 12:39:55 am »

computer seems to be taking an unsettlingly long time to restart. It's uninstalling those windows updates from a while back that contained spyware but I don't think that should take half an hour.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14446 on: October 08, 2015, 01:27:00 am »

They do that sometimes. Plus, messing with the OS takes awhile.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14447 on: October 08, 2015, 02:51:37 am »

In the absence of a mild anxiety/mixed feelings thread...

I'm now on antidepressants, which is probably a good thing, but I can't shake the feeling that it's unnecessary. It doesn't help that they have pages of low-probability side-effects - which are unlikely, but it's always nice to know that the medication you're taking is so poorly understood that the description of it's action includes the word 'presumably', and the side-effects include insomnia and somnolence alongside a variety of fun things like convulsions and 'liver events'.

I keep telling myself that worst-case scenario I stop them after two days because they're messing me up worse than going without, but it doesn't really help. :/

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #14448 on: October 08, 2015, 03:03:55 am »

the description of it's action includes the word 'presumably', and the side-effects include insomnia and somnolence alongside a variety of fun things like convulsions and 'liver events'.
Psychopharmacology is a difficult field in that it's very hard to find causations due to the largely subjective experiences of every person. The 'presumably' is because they only found a correlation between taking the medication and feeling less depressed (didn't work measurably on all test subjects), and the long list of side effects is because some subjects got those effects after taking it, but their cause couldn't be narrowed down with absolute certainty.

Basically, they don't want to get sued just because someone got an unlisted side effect, even if it wasn't necessarily from the antidepressant; or because someone didn't feel less depressed after taking the medicine.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14449 on: October 08, 2015, 03:21:14 am »

Oh I know (especially about the side-effects), it just doesn't help.

And in this case, the presumably was in a particularly awkward place - I'm sure it's just legal posterior protection, but it comes off as "we're not sure, but we think this is an SSRI".

or because someone didn't feel less depressed after taking the medicine.

Oh yeah, I left out my favourite one off the list of side-effects - depression. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14450 on: October 12, 2015, 03:36:45 pm »

so I decided to check out what was the deal with one recent RPG

and my favorite method of checking out the deal involves watching random spoiler youtube videos

...I think've had enough of the Internet for today...
._.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14451 on: October 12, 2015, 04:18:44 pm »

Oh man, I shouldn't stay awake this long when I have money- tiredness apparently augments my pre-existing tendency to impulsively spend*. I just very nearly purchased a vinyl record and two cassettes that, when adding shipping from the USA, would have cost me about sixty Australian dollars or more, leaving me with... not a great deal of money.

In fact, probably closer to no money when you consider I also need to pay rent for last month and buy a slab of beer for my Halloween party... as much as I would love, love, love to have those records in my possession (I just spent at least an hour listening to said recordings immediately prior to this near-disaster, after all) and rub my nose and body all over them, I am glad I came to my senses before bankrupting myself.

I don't even own a working record player. Or a tape player, for that matter, but those are much easier to acquire and I will have one soon.

*It also messes with my sentence structure, prose or what-have-you, as anyone who usually bothers to read my posts will doubtless have noticed by now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14452 on: October 12, 2015, 09:34:15 pm »

Hey Yoink you should buy my mixtape. £5 if you get it in the next week.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #14453 on: October 13, 2015, 06:35:22 am »

Buy my poetry book! Only £5 if you get it published first, then buy it!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14454 on: October 13, 2015, 06:42:45 am »

Hey Yoink you should buy my mixtape. £5 if you get it in the next week.
Buy my poetry book! Only £5 if you get it published first, then buy it!
Seriously?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #14455 on: October 13, 2015, 06:45:20 am »

Hey, if you want to throw money at me, I have over 200 pages of poetry to throw at you :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14456 on: October 13, 2015, 09:34:34 am »

I can ship you a bag of dirt. Horse manure included on request.

Actually, how about a puppy? I've a pretty little black lab that pees on everything and barks at me constantly is a perfect little angel.

Only $25, not including shipping and handling.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14457 on: October 13, 2015, 10:55:33 am »

Oh man, I shouldn't stay awake this long when I have money- tiredness apparently augments my pre-existing tendency to impulsively spend*. I just very nearly purchased a vinyl record and two cassettes that, when adding shipping from the USA, would have cost me about sixty Australian dollars or more, leaving me with... not a great deal of money.

In fact, probably closer to no money when you consider I also need to pay rent for last month and buy a slab of beer for my Halloween party... as much as I would love, love, love to have those records in my possession (I just spent at least an hour listening to said recordings immediately prior to this near-disaster, after all) and rub my nose and body all over them, I am glad I came to my senses before bankrupting myself.

I don't even own a working record player. Or a tape player, for that matter, but those are much easier to acquire and I will have one soon.

*It also messes with my sentence structure, prose or what-have-you, as anyone who usually bothers to read my posts will doubtless have noticed by now.

Download from youtube and convert to mp3 with vlc media player.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14458 on: October 13, 2015, 10:57:15 am »

Download from youtube and convert to mp3 with vlc media player.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14459 on: October 13, 2015, 11:15:23 am »

Oh I know (especially about the side-effects), it just doesn't help.

And in this case, the presumably was in a particularly awkward place - I'm sure it's just legal posterior protection, but it comes off as "we're not sure, but we think this is an SSRI".

or because someone didn't feel less depressed after taking the medicine.

My favorite side effect is the uncontrollable urge to gamble.

Oh yeah, I left out my favourite one off the list of side-effects - depression. :P
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 1420