Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 961 962 [963] 964 965 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968014 times)

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #14430 on: October 04, 2015, 07:30:47 pm »

Welp, a threat has been on 4chan made claiming that someone is going to open fire on a university in my city at a specific time tomorrow when I will be leaving class. Fantastic. I know that most people are saying that you should take these kinds of things with a grain of salt...but it's not like 4chan threats haven't turned out to be true before.
I think I'd pass on that day if I were you. Of course, in light of recent events, it's likely to be just some dicknugget fishing for controversy, but hey. Better safe than on an eulogy, eh?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14431 on: October 04, 2015, 07:32:37 pm »

£20 says it's someone trying to be edgy.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14432 on: October 04, 2015, 07:45:58 pm »

Welp, a threat has been on 4chan made claiming that someone is going to open fire on a university in my city at a specific time tomorrow when I will be leaving class. Fantastic. I know that most people are saying that you should take these kinds of things with a grain of salt...but it's not like 4chan threats haven't turned out to be true before.
I think I'd pass on that day if I were you. Of course, in light of recent events, it's likely to be just some dicknugget fishing for controversy, but hey. Better safe than on an eulogy, eh?
I feel the same way, but I have an exam I can't miss so I guess we'll see. It never hurts to at the very least be aware of what's going on. Sure it's probably not going to be anything, and sure it's probably not going to be my school if it does end up being something, but still...It's been like a week since that shooting in Oregon.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14433 on: October 04, 2015, 09:50:02 pm »

It could be a dude trying to be edgy or just shitposting, or it could be a copycat killer making his move after the recent media coverage of the Oregon shooting and its relation to 4chan.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14434 on: October 04, 2015, 10:25:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14435 on: October 04, 2015, 10:26:32 pm »

I'm doing that.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14436 on: October 04, 2015, 10:30:41 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14437 on: October 04, 2015, 10:34:10 pm »

...What exactly am I looking at here? Is it... tomatoes on sticks? Onions on a plate? What am I missing?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14438 on: October 04, 2015, 10:36:05 pm »

...What exactly am I looking at here? Is it... tomatoes on sticks? Onions on a plate? What am I missing?
Onions painted red and glazed over to look like caramel apples.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14439 on: October 04, 2015, 10:41:57 pm »

Reminds me of the Russian roulette chocolate set. 11 vanilla cream-filled chocolate bullets. 1 chili pepper-filled chocolate bullet. Two to five people enter, only I leave because I've eaten raw chilies before anyway.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14440 on: October 04, 2015, 10:44:44 pm »

Onions painted red and glazed over to look like caramel apples.
Aaaaah. Yes. I would do that. But probably only once, because irrecoverable cranial damage would prevent me from doing it again.

Reminds me of the Russian roulette chocolate set. 11 vanilla cream-filled chocolate bullets. 1 chili pepper-filled chocolate bullet. Two to five people enter, only I leave because I've eaten raw chilies before anyway.
There's also the Bean Boozled set. Wherein you get jellybeans of different colors, and you spin a wheel to pick a color to eat, and each color can be two different flavors, one normal and one really gross, like "green apple" and "boogers".

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #14441 on: October 05, 2015, 01:03:53 am »

There's also the Bean Boozled set. Wherein you get jellybeans of different colors, and you spin a wheel to pick a color to eat, and each color can be two different flavors, one normal and one really gross, like "green apple" and "boogers".
How about this? Salt crystals equal to players minus one. A single pure capsaicin crystal. Players lick a finger, touch a crystal with it, then lick that finger again.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14442 on: October 05, 2015, 06:19:44 am »

I feel the same way, but I have an exam I can't miss so I guess we'll see. It never hurts to at the very least be aware of what's going on. Sure it's probably not going to be anything, and sure it's probably not going to be my school if it does end up being something, but still...It's been like a week since that shooting in Oregon.
Good luck Quinnr
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14443 on: October 05, 2015, 12:52:01 pm »

Good luck Quinnr

I finished my exam early and I'm at home (still on campus) now, so I'm pretty sure I'll be fine. There are a _ton_ of plain clothes police on campus (despite being "undercover" it's not that hard to spot them out if you are looking). Everyone is really tense, understandably. It probably seems like overreacting to a lot of people but like, it's not every day somebody literally states that they are going to do something like that. The lady I speak to while I wait for her to make my coffee was very dooms-day "we're all gonna die one day," so that was cheerful.

Like a true hacker, I've got a few Twitter search streams running, because that's how you get the real news. Unfortunately, my handheld radio is not here with me or I'd listen in on that, too. I should find an online stream. Less worried about my own safety and more anxious for everyone else, particularly at the other campuses in the area.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14444 on: October 05, 2015, 01:14:11 pm »

It's nothing
Pages: 1 ... 961 962 [963] 964 965 ... 1420