Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1966215 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #14235 on: September 11, 2015, 10:12:28 pm »

It's about dying from the feet up. Y'know, losing sensation from the extremities and it working its way inward then upward.

... if it makes you feel any better, siru, that's actually how a fair amount of deaths work. You lose sensation in the outer bits first, and then it works its way in before you die.

Which probably doesn't make you feel any better but eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14236 on: September 11, 2015, 10:12:45 pm »

Spoiler: a very bad reason (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14237 on: September 11, 2015, 10:16:35 pm »

Spoiler: a very bad reason (click to show/hide)
Hmm, it you did it fast enough, it wouldn't hurt very much and would likely be fairly comical.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #14238 on: September 12, 2015, 12:12:19 am »

How the hell is someone going through a wood chipper in any way comical?

I mean, sure, it's fairly absurd, and could certainly work as a punchline in some circumstance that I have yet to imagine, but on its own? What are you, a sadist?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14239 on: September 12, 2015, 12:17:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Could be worse. At least it would be over quicker than some other ways.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14240 on: September 12, 2015, 12:41:25 am »

Hmm, it you did it fast enough, it wouldn't hurt very much and would likely be fairly comical.

I... No, sorry, even I can't find the comedy in that. Probably because reality beat you to the punchline, and it sucks.

And it would probably be horrendously painful regardless. If its not instantaneous, its every nerve in your body firing off the OH FUCK signals in rapid succession.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:43:16 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14241 on: September 12, 2015, 02:09:43 am »

Now I wonder what being vaporized would feel like.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14242 on: September 12, 2015, 02:29:14 am »

It probably depends on how quick it happens and whether your neurons have time to let loose a signal that something is wrong. It'd probably be less painful than being dissolved, all things considered. Bits of you would just go missing at a certain rate.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14243 on: September 12, 2015, 03:42:08 am »

I mean, the most obvious example, a direct nuclear strike, would kill you within microseconds of detonation. Your conscious mind couldn't react fast enough to notice what was happening before you, and every solid thing within a large area, became high-velocity vapor heated to several times the sun's surface temperature. You'd probably see the flash, though.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14244 on: September 12, 2015, 05:01:34 am »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #14245 on: September 12, 2015, 07:46:01 am »

I mean, the most obvious example, a direct nuclear strike, would kill you within microseconds of detonation. Your conscious mind couldn't react fast enough to notice what was happening before you, and every solid thing within a large area, became high-velocity vapor heated to several times the sun's surface temperature. You'd probably see the flash, though.

Nanoseconds, not microseconds. You wouldn't see the flash, because the thermal pulse would hit you at the same time the flash did, and you'd be ash before the signal would have time to travel from your eyes to your brain.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #14246 on: September 12, 2015, 07:55:23 am »

Anywhere outside that direct radius, you die slowly. Perhaps even melting.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #14247 on: September 12, 2015, 08:51:26 am »

You are melting!
You are melting!
You are melting!

[MORE]

I think those are the colours DF uses, anyway.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14248 on: September 12, 2015, 09:21:51 am »

Nanoseconds, not microseconds. You wouldn't see the flash, because the thermal pulse would hit you at the same time the flash did, and you'd be ash before the signal would have time to travel from your eyes to your brain.
Not quite ash, the ones killed by the flash turn into these weird carbon statues of the people they once were.

Immediate radiation death would be tolerably quick

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #14249 on: September 12, 2015, 10:53:46 am »

"TOO LATE" and the isotope hit quarterlife and teh room was slowly become vaporize.

I have a new fear now  :'(
Doesn't seem particularly horrifying to me.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 1420