Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 912 913 [914] 915 916 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1976860 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #13695 on: July 14, 2015, 11:46:26 am »

Occasionally I actually see a rider that has proper clothing and a helmet, and let out a little cheer of appreciation. It's like seeing someone that uses their goddamn blinker and passes at a reasonable distance instead of tailgating first.
Oh US, you so silly~

Around here that sort of protective gear is mandated by the state, just like seatbelts. I guess it's kidney freedom vs kidney solidarity.
Having seatbelts on a motorcycle seems more dangerous than not having them, to me.

How would seatbelts even function on a motorcycle.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13696 on: July 14, 2015, 11:54:43 am »

They keep dismembered body parts together for easy retrieval. Less traumatic for the road cleaners.
I hear it's actually the number one reason for road cleaners (and traffic cops) to permanently go on sick leave with PTSD. From having to pick up traffic accident, and more specifically, motorcyclist parts.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 11:57:23 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #13697 on: July 14, 2015, 12:22:58 pm »

They keep dismembered body parts together for easy retrieval. Less traumatic for the road cleaners.
I hear it's actually the number one reason for road cleaners (and traffic cops) to permanently go on sick leave with PTSD. From having to pick up traffic accident, and more specifically, motorcyclist parts.

That's an unconventional function. I remember when I saw a decapitated motorcyclist along the road with a tainted red face, it's odd how these guys think they can speed along in high-traffic Texan highways without safety gear.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13698 on: July 14, 2015, 12:39:33 pm »

I've seen road cleaners catching eyeballs and wiping brains and blood off highways before, and yea, they often go on a sick leave due to how traumatizing it can be. My dad knew a guy who had briefly worked as one, and he told him that the problem isn't the dismembered bodies and limbs, its the head. A dismembered arm, a crushed leg, thats ugly, but nothing is grosser than crushed/exploded heads and deformed faces, specialy when eyes and teeth are involved.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:19:06 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13699 on: July 14, 2015, 01:10:41 pm »

A Paramedic I know swears blind the single worst thing about cleaning up after a messy RTA fatality is bone marrow, or as he likes to put it "that messy yellow gloop that fucking gets everywhere".
This is a blank sig.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #13700 on: July 14, 2015, 01:51:53 pm »

Maybe I'd make a decent road cleaner. I've seen bodies, including faces, including of a person I cared for, and even handled a few messy organs. I don't feel at all traumatized by either type of experience, really. Mostly just sad.

I'd rather not go into too much detail.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:53:28 pm by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13701 on: July 14, 2015, 02:05:42 pm »

Maybe I'd make a decent road cleaner. I've seen bodies, including faces, including of a person I cared for, and even handled a few messy organs. I don't feel at all traumatized by either type of experience, really. Mostly just sad.

I'd rather not go into too much detail.

Maybe look into getting a career as a mortician. It's good pay, and death isn't going out of style.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:07:16 pm by Caz »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #13702 on: July 14, 2015, 02:14:24 pm »

I haven't thought of becoming a mortician, but that could work as a Plan C career. I'm not afraid of death or anything it entails, so I might be in the wrong thread. Death just makes me morose and sad in a hard-to-describe way, and not one I can't overcome.

I have ambitions to make death go out of style, but that's beside the point.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13703 on: July 14, 2015, 02:17:12 pm »

This got dark fast.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13704 on: July 14, 2015, 04:57:33 pm »

Odd topic at the moment. Must be a surreal profession; cleaning corpses off a road.

I once seen the aftermath of a fool in a lowrider who was going more than double the speed limit and ended up rear-ending a stopped bus. Not pretty.

Sudden heavy nose bleed at work. I don't think I got any on the factory floor, but the toilet looked like I murdered someone in it.

Everything smelled like ass for a while afterwards, too. Can kind of still smell it.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13705 on: July 14, 2015, 06:16:19 pm »

Occasionally I actually see a rider that has proper clothing and a helmet, and let out a little cheer of appreciation. It's like seeing someone that uses their goddamn blinker and passes at a reasonable distance instead of tailgating first.
Oh US, you so silly~

Around here that sort of protective gear is mandated by the state, just like seatbelts. I guess it's kidney freedom vs kidney solidarity.
Having seatbelts on a motorcycle seems more dangerous than not having them, to me.
Seatbelts in cars, silly~
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13706 on: July 14, 2015, 08:28:18 pm »

Seatbelts are required by law for adults in all states but, apparently, New Hampshire, and new hampshire is that one I always forget about when doing whatever, so who cares. Minors still have to wear seatbelts, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #13707 on: July 14, 2015, 08:32:53 pm »

Oh dear god are we still talking about killing motorcyclists.

That was a joke guys.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13708 on: July 14, 2015, 10:46:44 pm »

D':
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #13709 on: July 15, 2015, 07:46:41 am »

It was not me who started it.

Or maybe I did, I do a lot of things.
In a time before time, I had a name.
Pages: 1 ... 912 913 [914] 915 916 ... 1420