Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904 905 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1976652 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #13530 on: June 27, 2015, 01:59:36 pm »

Well, I'm worried. Though that might be an understatement.

See, a few months ago I started hearing rumours of a group that, translating the name, call themselves "The Gladiators of the Altar". They are what can only be described as a para-military group associated with the (again translating the name) Universal Church, a very, very fundamentalist evangelical christian denomination. Today my mother found a facebook post (by them) stating that they are now acting in this state (Rio de Janeiro), urging people to go to the nearest church and join them in their fight to destroy all false prophets, eradicate pagan and heretical religions and exterminate homosexuality and "do the work the state is not". Oh, and to make matters even worse? The current leader of the federal chamber of deputies is also a member of that religion! He and his religious mates are everywhere in congress so it's likely not much will be done about this. There have been attacks in other states against members of other religions (even other christians are targets, though less) and a priest of an african religion was murdered too.

In short, Evangelical ISIS is probably a thing and I am terrified.

Just going to butt in here, where did you read this, anyway?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13531 on: June 27, 2015, 11:57:34 pm »

Good things are happening to me. I'm not used to this. I never expected this.

X-posting from Happy thread:

So I have a chance of getting laid.

Context:

Okay, to get the narcissistic bit of my happy out of the way first: a guy in my school said I'm cute!
And the more substantial and less shallow bit: A guy who was in my Biology class last year messaged me on Facebook. Apparently somebody in my school thought I was transsexual. I casually pointed out to him that I'm not transsexual but I'm gay. He was surprisingly open-minded about it, something I didn't quite expect from people in my school. It turns out he's a bit bi-curious himself, and we friended each other on Steam where we talked more. It turns out we have a lot of interests in common and he find feminine guys cute, wherein I, who read so much about it and may call myself one, pointed out that's basically my thing. He said that I am pretty cute and then apologized for that sounding like he's blatantly hitting on me (and I'm pretty sure he isn't hitting on me) and in general he's a cool dude.

This just feels way, way too good to be true. I'm being careful as I can be and of course I'm bringing protection, but just
wow

WOW

Life sure is full of surprises sometimes.

I already talked and discussed things with people and trying to make sure I'm cautious, but I'm scared things will go wrong.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13532 on: June 28, 2015, 12:03:32 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13533 on: June 28, 2015, 12:08:46 am »

Good things are happening to me. I'm not used to this. I never expected this.

X-posting from Happy thread:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I already talked and discussed things with people and trying to make sure I'm cautious, but I'm scared things will go wrong.

Good luck. Try not to die.

Can't recommend much myself, seeing how I'm asexual and have very little experience or interest in trying that shit with other people. If you're nervous or shit, maybe talk with your partner about it before doing anything? If you really don't want to do anything, you don't have to.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13534 on: June 28, 2015, 12:32:21 am »

So I'm just chilling out watching youtube videos with my turtlebeach headphones on. My ear is tickling every now and again, and I just think it's my long, dirty, unkempt hair tickling me. After about 30 minutes of this, I finally think 'man something's not right' and I take off my headphones for examination, and there's just some kind of bug crawling around in the earcup of headphones. I was immediately fuckin freaked out.

I didn't waste any time knocking it out and squishing it, but I couldn't even identify what type of bug it was, and now I'm a bit shaken up.

I hate bugs so much.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13535 on: June 28, 2015, 03:34:21 am »

-snip-
A tiny bit of alcohol and the resolve not to spread your legs (or bend over, or bend him over, or whatever you prefer - I'm not quite sure how to extend the euphemism there) on the first date? That usually goes a long way.
Also focus on having fun the whole time - not just during the endgame ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13536 on: June 29, 2015, 03:33:50 am »

I almost died of laughter earlier.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13537 on: June 30, 2015, 04:40:42 am »

-snip-
A tiny bit of alcohol and the resolve not to spread your legs (or bend over, or bend him over, or whatever you prefer - I'm not quite sure how to extend the euphemism there) on the first date? That usually goes a long way.
Also focus on having fun the whole time - not just during the endgame ;)
I READ ENDGAME AS ENDGASM
DAY HAS BEEN MAAADE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13538 on: June 30, 2015, 03:11:39 pm »

Well, it's postponed till next term, so I'm just hoping neither of us pull a Godus.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you terrified today
« Reply #13539 on: July 02, 2015, 04:59:49 pm »

I just boiled a fuck ton of ants. They were on my back porch. They had made a debris pile their home and I had to bag it up so I made sure to get as few bugs as possible by washing them off the parts I collected. The debris bag was moved to the porch and the ants eventually followed across the yard.

What freaks me out is that I just straight off decided murder them. I thought of a solution to my worry(establishing themselves near the house) and just ran with it nonchalantly. "Oh the ants are near my house. Let's boil some water and spread it over them."
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #13540 on: July 02, 2015, 05:01:05 pm »

well theyre just ants

its not like you boiled jews to death or something

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13541 on: July 02, 2015, 05:02:33 pm »

well theyre just ants

OR IS IT?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13542 on: July 02, 2015, 05:45:15 pm »

well theyre just ants

OR IS IT?
BUT PHONE WAS JEW

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13543 on: July 02, 2015, 05:48:43 pm »

Somewhere in another anthill, there are some misfit ants with a poster of ArKFallen singing songs about boiling water.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13544 on: July 02, 2015, 06:03:07 pm »

Somewhere in another anthill, there are some misfit ants with a poster of ArKFallen singing songs about boiling water.
God save the queen... Never forget, the boiling of the ants
Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904 905 ... 1420