Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1976583 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #13515 on: June 25, 2015, 06:20:02 pm »

ISIS is already doing that in London

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13516 on: June 25, 2015, 06:32:56 pm »

nnno? ISIS is all about getting people to the state. The Islamic State. The one that they are in control of and need people in.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13517 on: June 25, 2015, 06:39:50 pm »

Well, I'm worried. Though that might be an understatement.

See, a few months ago I started hearing rumours of a group that, translating the name, call themselves "The Gladiators of the Altar". They are what can only be described as a para-military group associated with the (again translating the name) Universal Church, a very, very fundamentalist evangelical christian denomination. Today my mother found a facebook post (by them) stating that they are now acting in this state (Rio de Janeiro), urging people to go to the nearest church and join them in their fight to destroy all false prophets, eradicate pagan and heretical religions and exterminate homosexuality and "do the work the state is not". Oh, and to make matters even worse? The current leader of the federal chamber of deputies is also a member of that religion! He and his religious mates are everywhere in congress so it's likely not much will be done about this. There have been attacks in other states against members of other religions (even other christians are targets, though less) and a priest of an african religion was murdered too.

In short, Evangelical ISIS is probably a thing and I am terrified.
thing is that kind of stuff doesn't work so well in non unstable places with working governments.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13518 on: June 25, 2015, 07:38:46 pm »

nnno? ISIS is all about getting people to the state. The Islamic State. The one that they are in control of and need people in.
  • Proselytizing fundamentalist group cannibalizing other religious groups and sects
  • Urging people to join the Caliphate and destroy all false prophets, eradicate pagans, idols, kuffars, homosexuals and the like.
  • More than willing to use and infiltrate NGOs and useful government idiots.

And the Islamic State is like America; its leaders and followers are convinced that everywhere is their dominion. They have no reluctance to mobilizing converts and recruits in the UK to killing on our streets or the streets of Syria, both have already happened and I've personally met a brazen fellow preaching with certain sympathies for the fellows fond of decapitations on Oxford Street (I recall talking about this a while back on Bay12 to boot). They tick the boxes quite neatly. They have so far met only with dismal failure in their pursuit of their strategic aims but they are nevertheless succeeding or at least taking advantage of a global ideological vacuum creating conditions for a far worse future soon to come. In short, Evangelical ISIS exists. It's called ISIS.

Also the Guardians have shit drill. These people are more bark than the bite of blades. Their alleged connections with the Brazilian police and military are of more concern. Amusingly they have occasionally been accused of witchcraft whilst operating in African countries. The best news perhaps is that their leaders are currently not true zealots, more concerned with amassing luxury lifestyles than spreading the faith by the sword. Undoubtedly they have killed people or caused deaths, but they are yet to do so in an organized manner. The protties, fedoras and NORP Catholics should keep the crazies in line. Be cautious, but not yet afraid.

Fear comes later!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13519 on: June 25, 2015, 10:07:01 pm »

Well, I'm worried. Though that might be an understatement.

See, a few months ago I started hearing rumours of a group that, translating the name, call themselves "The Gladiators of the Altar". They are what can only be described as a para-military group associated with the (again translating the name) Universal Church, a very, very fundamentalist evangelical christian denomination. Today my mother found a facebook post (by them) stating that they are now acting in this state (Rio de Janeiro), urging people to go to the nearest church and join them in their fight to destroy all false prophets, eradicate pagan and heretical religions and exterminate homosexuality and "do the work the state is not". Oh, and to make matters even worse? The current leader of the federal chamber of deputies is also a member of that religion! He and his religious mates are everywhere in congress so it's likely not much will be done about this. There have been attacks in other states against members of other religions (even other christians are targets, though less) and a priest of an african religion was murdered too.

Someone needs to get these assclowns to fight the assclowns from ISIS, maybe they'll do the world a favor and slaughter each other
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13520 on: June 25, 2015, 10:21:15 pm »

And everyone caught between them, or within a few hundred miles of either of them, and pull in everyone else to fight beside them, resulting in a big fucking mess.

When you have two crazy people who want to kill each other, you don't let them near each other, you handle them separately. One fistfight between nutjobs on a hospital ward full of nutjobs (aka the entire planet) will result in more fistfights than the staff can deal with.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13521 on: June 25, 2015, 10:38:48 pm »

When you have two crazy people who want to kill each other, you don't let them near each other, you handle them separately.

That only applies if you want any of them to live
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13522 on: June 25, 2015, 10:40:49 pm »

Generally, death is something you want to avoid in general.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13523 on: June 25, 2015, 10:50:36 pm »

That only applies if you want any of them to live
... you do realize you just recommended genocide of the entire surrounding civilian population, just to get rid of ISIS, right? That's what those words mean in the context of the words you quoted.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13524 on: June 25, 2015, 10:56:43 pm »

No, no, I meant that failing to keep them separated will increase civilian casualties and collateral damage.

Maybe if you could take away all their cool toys so they can't wipe out everyone nearby, but if we could, introducing ISIS to other crazies would just be for entertainment, because the situation would already be under control.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13525 on: June 25, 2015, 10:57:11 pm »

Yes, but we're talking about ISIS and their equivalents in other faiths. If there ever was anyone who deserved to die it's them.

Generally, when it's convenient, I prefer the idea of trying to take them alive and lock them up forever to prevent any sort of martyr bullshit, but that's only when there's an option between that and killing them.

No, no, I meant that failing to keep them separated will increase civilian casualties and collateral damage.

Maybe if you could take away all their cool toys so they can't wipe out everyone nearby, but if we could, introducing ISIS to other crazies would just be for entertainment, because the situation would already be under control.

It would allow us to thin out these vermin without committing ourselves to another expensive military campaign.

And the Islamic State is like America; its leaders and followers are convinced that everywhere is their dominion.

You're ignoring an important distinction. Unlike god, the United States nuclear arsenal is most definitely real. The almighty and everlasting bomb.

EDIT:
Almighty and everlasting BOMB came down among us to make Heaven on Earth. He decendeth from the outermost part of Heaven and there is nothing hidden from the heat thereof. There are neither words nor language, but all the world can hear his voice. Glory be to the BOMB, and the the holy fallout, as it was in the beginning, is now, and forever shall be. Amen. Amen. Amen.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 01:29:01 am by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13526 on: June 26, 2015, 07:26:57 am »

Someone needs to get these assclowns to fight the assclowns from ISIS, maybe they'll do the world a favor and slaughter each other
Knights Templar heroin runners vs ISIS human traffickers, battle of the century

Yes, but we're talking about ISIS and their equivalents in other faiths. If there ever was anyone who deserved to die it's them.
Generally, when it's convenient, I prefer the idea of trying to take them alive and lock them up forever to prevent any sort of martyr bullshit, but that's only when there's an option between that and killing them.
You are full of final solutions lel
Just give them death and slander their names afterwards, it's the humane thing to do

You're ignoring an important distinction. Unlike god, the United States nuclear arsenal is most definitely real. The almighty and everlasting bomb.
ISIS is not in want for bombs

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #13527 on: June 26, 2015, 07:35:36 am »

But not atomic bombs.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13528 on: June 26, 2015, 07:48:58 am »

No one's glassing anyone with nuclear fire yet

Though looking at American textbooks... Give it a generation

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13529 on: June 26, 2015, 09:21:41 am »

Simply saying locking them up doesn't mean anything when prison conditions/treatment can range from the Nordic Countries to Guantanamo/Manning.  Also if any sort of actual 'justice' be applied.
Just saying, there are conditions worse then death.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 1420