Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1975440 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #12810 on: May 04, 2015, 05:32:17 pm »

etc...

I like your dentist. I mean I wouldn't want to be one of his patients so much, but at least he's entertaining for the audience.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12811 on: May 04, 2015, 05:32:37 pm »

Hey, it used to be fashionable to have all your teeth removed and wear fakes. People are weird yo.
Seems sensible actually - no more caries~
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12812 on: May 04, 2015, 05:33:48 pm »

Meh. All's I know is that when they were coming in they were set to compress the rest of my molars, and my jaw hurt like the dickens. Much more roomy in there now.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12813 on: May 04, 2015, 05:42:33 pm »

Hey, it used to be fashionable to have all your teeth removed and wear fakes. People are weird yo.

If by "fashionable" you mean "necessary for upper class people because rich people ate so much fucking sugar that their teeth rotted out before they even reached adulthood".
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12814 on: May 04, 2015, 07:10:26 pm »

Personal option is a big factor. I'd demand to be sedated, TBH. In the last few years I've come to the realization that if shit hit the fan, I'd prefer to be as little aware as possible if it became necessary to undergo one of the many highly unpleasant things we do at hospitals. I'm not alone in this, either. I can think off hand of two-three people from my workplace that opted to undergo biopsies while sedated. I can't blame them, TBH.

My impression is that avaiability of resources is a big factor in determining the preference for regional analgesia instead of sedation, in many procedures. And that the trend is for more indications for sedation, not less. Take colonoscopies, for instance. Ten years ago they did them with people fully conscious, now it's fairly rare to hear of it being done.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12815 on: May 04, 2015, 07:19:38 pm »

For what it's worth mine were pulled because they were starting to shift my other ones out of place. My top teeth are now much closer together than they were before, and we actually waited slightly too long for my bottom teeth; my front 4 teeth or so are now at crookedy angles because the bottom wisdom teeth pushed them together more than there was room. (Though I'm nowhere near as bad as my dad, who never got his bottom wisdom teeth out and has a horribly crooked set of bottom teeth).

And honestly, it wasn't that much worse then a normal dentist cleaning visit. It's just that instead of closing your eyes while you lean back, they shine a bright light in your face, and then scrape your teeth repeatedly, you are instead closing your eyes during a brief moment of pain as they inject the numbing agent, then you just focus a bit on pulling your head back as they pull them out (I tend to keep my eyes closed for pretty much my whole dentist visits, you are just staring into a bright light anyways), and then you bite down on some gauze you can't really feel and you are done.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12816 on: May 04, 2015, 07:53:52 pm »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:09:04 pm by penguinofhonor »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12817 on: May 04, 2015, 08:04:48 pm »

Personal option is a big factor. I'd demand to be sedated, TBH. In the last few years I've come to the realization that if shit hit the fan, I'd prefer to be as little aware as possible if it became necessary to undergo one of the many highly unpleasant things we do at hospitals. I'm not alone in this, either. I can think off hand of two-three people from my workplace that opted to undergo biopsies while sedated. I can't blame them, TBH.

My impression is that avaiability of resources is a big factor in determining the preference for regional analgesia instead of sedation, in many procedures. And that the trend is for more indications for sedation, not less. Take colonoscopies, for instance. Ten years ago they did them with people fully conscious, now it's fairly rare to hear of it being done.

And training and insurance. It's my impression that administering general anesthesia requires a greater amount of both.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12818 on: May 04, 2015, 08:21:24 pm »

It's sedation not general anesthesia. It's not uncommon for non-anesthesiologists to sedate low-risk patients for minor yet unpleasant procedures (eg: biopsies, colonoscopies, bone setting...). AND... if they don't feel qualified they can always make a consultation to anesthesia... but this brings us to my former point: the main problem is one of resources (in this case anesthesiologist avaiability).
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12819 on: May 05, 2015, 03:15:21 pm »

So, I was watching someone demo the game Montas and thought, gee, that looks like a right fun and scary game to play through! The thing is, when they demo'd it they went through an office, then a cave, then a subway station.
When I bought and played it, it was just a office and a subway station.
Either they changed it for some unknown reason or it's randomly generated. Considering this is a horror game, I'm perturbed by even this very notion.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12820 on: May 06, 2015, 03:00:33 am »

My wisdom teeth came in rather early. And I never needed them pulled cause they grew in fine.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12821 on: May 06, 2015, 11:01:21 am »

I have to admit though, I developed an instinctive adverse reaction to sedation of any kind after I started playing SS13.

Yeah, maybe they're really just going to do the surgery like they say, or maybe you're going to wake up choking to death in a welded-shut locker floating in space!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12822 on: May 06, 2015, 12:07:54 pm »

Yeah, that happened to me like, three times last week!

On a side note, what's SS13? :3

I am jokes, yes?.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12823 on: May 06, 2015, 01:03:16 pm »

I am jokes, yes?.
Space Station 13. It's a game in which you are on a space station, with unknown antagonists trying to cause mayhem. You could, for example, have a doctor who sedates someone for surgery, then while they're under, stuff them in a locker, weld it shut, and find the nearest airlock.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12824 on: May 06, 2015, 01:12:02 pm »

I am jokes, yes?.
Space Station 13. It's a game in which you are on a space station, with unknown antagonists trying to cause mayhem. You could, for example, have a doctor who sedates someone for surgery, then while they're under, stuff them in a locker, weld it shut, and find the nearest airlock.
Or, for that matter, decide to take out and eat your organs one by one instead of fixing you.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 1420