Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968736 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #10050 on: October 19, 2014, 03:21:20 am »

My big toe is infected, right at the corner of the toenail. I don't know how that happened, but my best guess is that I somehow fucked it up when I stubbed my toe on thanksgiving. I'm unsure if I should go to the doctors, or attempt to soak it in disinfectant or something, because it really isn't that big.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: October 19, 2014, 05:08:38 am »

My big toe is infected, right at the corner of the toenail. I don't know how that happened, but my best guess is that I somehow fucked it up when I stubbed my toe on thanksgiving. I'm unsure if I should go to the doctors, or attempt to soak it in disinfectant or something, because it really isn't that big.
My advice: DO NOT FUCK AROUND WITH INFECTIONS. It's probably not big of a deal, but it's a great idea to tell to the doctor.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #10052 on: October 19, 2014, 05:15:32 am »

Yeah, infections can go pretty bad pretty easily. If it's at the corner of your toenail, your nail may have decided that becoming ingrown is a good idea, and that's bad.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: October 19, 2014, 07:27:12 am »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: October 19, 2014, 11:34:57 am »

Yeah, infections can go pretty bad pretty easily. If it's at the corner of your toenail, your nail may have decided that becoming ingrown is a good idea, and that's bad.

I've had frequent ingrown toenails all my life, and started cutting them out by myself in my mid-teens.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: October 19, 2014, 02:37:45 pm »

That's probably what it is, but right now, all it is, is a small oval of discolored flesh, and after I poked it a bit a small bit a pus came out.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: October 19, 2014, 08:25:03 pm »

I haven't had too much trouble with ingrown nails. Not because I never get them, but because I take care of them myself. It's uncomfortable and mildly painful, but it beats a doctor's visit.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: October 19, 2014, 09:18:13 pm »

I have been trying to squeeze a pimple that's been in a really difficult spot on the bottom of my left nostril. I just tried to squeeze it again, but I squished the end of my nose in a weird way, it made a little crunch and now it moves a lot easier. In ways that it probably shouldn't.

I think I might have broken my nose ._.

Which is a little weird, because it doesn't hurt, but it just feels a little bit uncomfortable. That might just be fear talking though.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: October 19, 2014, 11:58:06 pm »

You would know if you broke your nose. It hurts. A lot. Take it from experience.

You probably just damaged the cartilage in the bridge of your nose a bit. (Most of your nose isn't even bone!) You'll be fine, just leave it alone for a while.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: October 20, 2014, 02:43:24 am »

Heh. My younger brother threw the back of his head into my nose once. It hurt like hell but didn't break bone. But my nose has been a little crooked ever since.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #10060 on: October 20, 2014, 04:17:15 am »

My nose has ultra-weak veins or something. Torrents of blood flow from it if I so much as sneeze too hard.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: October 20, 2014, 06:16:10 am »

Are you an anime character?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: October 20, 2014, 06:18:47 am »

Apparently internet security settings can and will randomly change themselves without consulting me.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: October 20, 2014, 11:29:05 am »

My nose has ultra-weak veins or something. Torrents of blood flow from it if I so much as sneeze too hard.

I was like this too when Iwas younger. I actually had a vericose vein deep in my sinuses. Eventually my doctor cauterized it after I had a random nosebleed that lasted for 5 hours. Had to hold perfectly still as he stuck an acid-tipped wire up my nose. Was not pleasant.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: October 20, 2014, 04:16:08 pm »

I too had an easily bleeding nose when I was younger. Though that was self inflicted for the most part because I once stuck a toy car wheel up my nose where it spent a while before being dug out again, suffice to say the wheel did some damage in there which would cause pretty big bleeding every time I got hot.

I some more current terrifying news. I'm running out of time, I'm not even sure how the last three weeks passed so damn fast, but I'm now twenty-ish days away from our first midterms this semester and I've barely started studying. Furthermore, I have a friends birthday coming up that I need to paint something awesome for, haven't even started beyond the initial idea sketch. Also have another card that I need to make by the end of the week and an actual commision for another friend that I need to do in about three weeks, which is plenty of time until you consider that it's traditional and is going to take a bit longer than digital stuff since I need to build it up from scratch.

Oh yeah and there's a trip I need to go on to see my cousin in about two weeks, just before midterms, that's gonna take a couple of days too.

Fucking hell, suddenly everything is demanding my attention and I can't even give it to a single damn thing properly :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1420