Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: "Just Shoot Him!"  (Read 7577 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: "Just Shoot Him!"
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 01:07:29 pm »

Never seen this "Warehouse" thing, but casting someone in bronze reminds me of the plot of The Mummy. You decide, for some brilliant reason, that death would be just too lenient a punishment for someone. And so you bury them alive for all eternity. Utter genius. How could something like that possibly come back to bite you in the ass? It seems that it was done even worse here. At least Imhotep stayed dead for several thousand years.

I guess writing plots that don't hinge on people making idiotic mistakes is somewhat harder, since you need to actually make plans that work. And making a working plan for world domination isn't easy. And having the heroes counter a working world domination plan isn't easy either, since working plans are required to show some resilience to meddling by protagonists. A lot simpler to just have the bad guy use his turn-metals-into-soft-useless-gold-ray for robbing banks. ::)

As for Batman killing the Joker... Maybe he's genre-savvy enough to know that he'd just come back anyway? Hasn't the Joker died several times already? Really, there's only so many times someone can fall from the roof of a building that then collapses on him before people around him begin noticing a pattern. At least they usually know about it when he escapes from Arkham Asylum. :P

Plus, shooting an enemy that just surrendered DOES kind of seem like a dick move, even if you know they are going to escape the minimum security prison you put them into. Maybe Batman should use some of his vast fortunes to improve the security a bit?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2010, 01:21:02 pm »

I watched two episodes of warehouse 13 once. Found it sucky, TBH
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2010, 01:55:03 pm »

This wouldn't be so much of an issue if it was done good, but most of the time it happens i just know what's coming, and again most of the time i end up shoutng the above.Some freshness would really be welcome.

And don't worry, it turns out:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 02:24:28 pm »

As for Batman killing the Joker... Maybe he's genre-savvy enough to know that he'd just come back anyway? Hasn't the Joker died several times already?

One thing I've read (regarding the comics themselves) is that the Joker was turned into more of a joke/less-dangerous character simply because it would be too silly for him to be super-dangerous and psychotic yet allowed to live and come back constantly.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2010, 02:25:55 pm »

Some people just don't wan't to put a bullet into another's head.

Stupid I know.

This is why the world needs Conservatives.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2010, 02:30:23 pm »

Nikov: Can we not have you doing your inane and irrelevant political derailing, at least this time, and just cut that line of discussion short now?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2010, 03:08:52 pm »

Nikov: Can we not have you doing your inane and irrelevant political derailing, at least this time, and just cut that line of discussion short now?

G-Flex: Can we not have you doing your inane and irrelevant personal vendetta, at least this time, and just cut that line of discussion short now?

Done and done.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2010, 03:11:11 pm »

Both of you stop it, derail somewhere else.

Hmm.. I remember this comic strip where everyone had really big ideas and then someone said. "I'll just shoot him." The teacher (Evil academy) said well done.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2010, 03:12:56 pm »

YOU NEED ME ON THAT WALL.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2010, 03:27:30 pm »

My point exactly.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2010, 03:30:28 pm »

I love you so much.

Seriously.  That post?  Perfect!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2010, 03:34:07 pm »

My point exactly.

So how IS the wall anyways, Nikov?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2010, 04:25:57 pm »

My point exactly.

So how IS the wall anyways, Nikov?

Cold, the food sucks, you can't smoke, boring as hell, and interrupted by the ocassional purpose-filled moment of "this is what I came for".

Sort of like a slow day at the help desk, with bullets.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2010, 05:00:06 pm »

I'd join the marines tomorrow if the fuckers at MEPS would stop fucking up my application and let me join already.  I'm not conservative.  Why do I need you on a wall?  I called dibs on that wall you mutherfucker.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2010, 05:04:44 pm »

WHAT IS THE MUZZLE VELOCITY OF AN M-16A2?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9