What operating system do you use?

Windows 7
Windows Vista
Windows XP
Mac OS X
Linux
Other

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What OS do you use?  (Read 1317 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What OS do you use?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 10:48:12 am »

Such as 7 deciding on a random whim to wipe your hard drive and destroy itself.

You should rule out hardware problems first as it sounds like that might be a virus of some kind.

Anyways, Windows 7 works just fine for me.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 11:37:54 am »

This particular computer uses Vista, as well as my 'backup' desktop computer. The laptop I'll be getting soon will have Windows 7 on it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 12:02:13 pm »

I haven't seen anything about that "self-destruct" in Win7, but it wouldn't bother me anyway; All the stuff thats mine is backedup and the only stuff that would be lost is the useless HP stuff that came preinstalled and is more like irritantware than anything (No, I do not need to update any of those drivers, I've done so already and you're probably just complaining because its not your version of the driver, HP Health check!)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 12:06:51 pm »

After doing some research, I've found that the Windows 7 beta was apparently set to self destructed just over a year ago.  Perhaps an unfair way to do things, but I'm not sure why that would affect the usability of it now.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 02:26:25 pm »

Windows Vista with a half-decent MSPaint program.

I heard one horror story that 7's MSPaint is pretty much impossible to do pixel art with and is less user friendly, and is also a bit of a Photoshop/GIMP wannabe. That, or it's more like MSOffice 2010 than it is MSPaint. Oh right, also uncontrollable/pointless anti-aliasing throughout it's use. Even at the sharpest settings, you'll have anti-aliasing.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:35:10 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 02:33:14 pm »

Paint did not need the stupid Ribbon.
nor did any other part of MSOffice, but I'm not using that anyway. OO.org/LibreOffice!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 [2]