Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639313 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3225 on: January 21, 2016, 04:03:04 am »

Is there any way to advance time in a world at a fast rate? I finished everything I want to do with my Adventurer, but I want to see what they accomplish over the course of this world's history for the next couple hundred years.
Not yet.
The best you can do right now is retire a vampire in a fortress, wall him up, take the game off pause and let it run by itself for a hundred years.

I think there's a DFhack thing which will speed up in-play time for you.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3226 on: January 21, 2016, 04:29:14 am »

Any way to grind up your poetry/speaking/etc skills? Right now it seems to advance at approximately the same rate as combat skill. . . which, while it might be balanced, is totally unacceptable to me from a gameplay standpoint.

I really want to play a bard but playing the same poem a thousand times to get to "competent" sounds lame.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #3227 on: January 21, 2016, 06:14:42 am »

Is there a way to expose 'deities' for the monsters they are?  I found a nation that was at war with a demon-ruled city, but after killing the demon and bringing them his skull, they didn't recognize it, which I am guessing is because they didn't realize that the demon and the deity were one and the same.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: January 21, 2016, 07:57:01 am »

Any way to grind up your poetry/speaking/etc skills? Right now it seems to advance at approximately the same rate as combat skill. . . which, while it might be balanced, is totally unacceptable to me from a gameplay standpoint.

I really want to play a bard but playing the same poem a thousand times to get to "competent" sounds lame.
Well, you could do something like have the knapping stones reaction use [SKILL:POETRY] and produce 5 or 10 stones at a time?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: January 21, 2016, 07:58:15 am »

I think you're doing it the only way it can be done (legitimately.) To make it less boring, you could tell stories in taverns or keeps where others may perform, just tell four in a row and wait for someone else to do something. And you can use poetry to improve your companions' morale between battles, just use poetic forms that they like best.

Feniks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: January 21, 2016, 08:01:00 am »

Marcos are your best bet. also you can always invest bunch of points into it when creating character.

Oort

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN'T_LEARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: January 23, 2016, 01:11:26 am »

Is there any way to get large clothing/armor in adventure mode? More than anything I just don't wanna be a naked sea elephant man.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: January 23, 2016, 08:20:07 am »

Is there any way to get large clothing/armor in adventure mode? More than anything I just don't wanna be a naked sea elephant man.
One way is to get him retired and settled at your own fortress then make fitted clothes in fortress mode. The quicker way would be to use adv-fort and build your own workshops to make clothes and leather armor. This is what I've been doing, and it's pretty fun.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: January 23, 2016, 09:18:54 am »

My dwarf adventurer has been learning swimming, and now he's an adequate swimmer, but he is drowning when he walks into river. The water is 7/7. He is not swimming under a bridge, neither is he stunned nor dizzy.

What is the explanation?
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: January 23, 2016, 09:50:29 am »

Are you moving to the slope below or the empty space above it? I thought adequate was enough that it shouldn't be a problem, but maybe low attributes have something to do with it.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: January 23, 2016, 10:06:59 am »

I moved to the slope below. All attributes are average, except agility is high.

And then I found a lake from which a river runs, where the water is 5/7. I walked in the 5/7 water for a while, and become more experienced. Then I walked towards the deeper part of the lake(7/7), and suddenly I could swim without drowning! At that time it was between Adequate and Competent.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: January 23, 2016, 05:20:56 pm »

What's your adventurer's race?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: January 23, 2016, 05:41:11 pm »

My dwarf adventurer has been learning swimming, and now he's an adequate swimmer, but he is drowning when he walks into river. The water is 7/7. He is not swimming under a bridge, neither is he stunned nor dizzy.

What is the explanation?

What's your adventurer's race?

Gee, I'm guessing the answer must be elf. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: January 23, 2016, 06:40:33 pm »

There's no reason elves should swim worse than any of the other humanoid races. I wondered about the race, too; some of the beast races have aptitudes, so maybe others have deficiencies.

Feniks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: January 23, 2016, 08:07:51 pm »

How do I find out the atributes of animalman? I know from raws what atribute ranges dwarfs goblins and elfs are relatively to each other but I can't find the same information about other races. How do I know who is the strongest who is the fastes and who is the best at linguistic?
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 328