Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 641327 times)

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3060 on: December 06, 2015, 03:40:13 pm »

Finally started to play 0.42.xx and implemented the mods which I used before.
One in particular, Wanderer's friend, is my favourite, because you can make things out of your slain foes.

But, somehow with this new version, I can't craft things out of sapient beings anymore.
I guess it's related to some ethic-restrictions.
Does anyone know how to circumnavigate this?

I would love to dress myself in human clothes again.

Aw. No Adventurecraft? ;w;

And yeah, sentient creatures can no longer be used, and I'm pissed about it.

At a bare minimum, making semi-megabeasts non-sentient is the best way to eliminate the biggest fun-killer.

You've been talking about this sentient thing for a while and I would just like to ask whether you've tried modifying the [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:UNTHINKABLE] tag.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: December 06, 2015, 03:45:50 pm »

It doesn't work. Even goblins and elves are affected.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: December 06, 2015, 04:15:05 pm »

Two little questions (which I could answer myself if I wouldn't want to wait until a stable version is released):

Is it now possible to become an enemy of an entity again if I kill someone who belongs to said group/civ?
Or does Legend mode still not track changes in relations towards other entities (a feature/bug introduced by 0.40)?

Related to the first question and the vampire-accusing-bug:
Is it now possible to accuse vampires - and do they react (i.e. attack)?

Yes if you let people know you killed or they see it but sometimes it takes an in game week for the reputation to update (retiring and playing someone else or unretire get gives it enough time (the rumor takes time to spread)
Yes in fact like in. 34 the vamp usually gets ripped to shreds after it)

Unfortunately, no.
At least to answer 2.
The vampire-accusing-bug is still around, sadly.
Accusing one of being a night creature doesn't lead to carnage, as Lastta Topempire can confirm.
I accused him inside a human library full of scholars and all sorts of old scientists.
Neither of them cared, nor acknowledged that Lastta was a vampire.
And Lastta?
He didn't care either.
Searching in Legends I saw (again) that some random guy (who already was dead since some hundred years) was the one who accused Lastta. My name was nowhere to be found.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: December 06, 2015, 05:17:02 pm »

You've been talking about this sentient thing for a while and I would just like to ask whether you've tried modifying the [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:UNTHINKABLE] tag.

Go try literally any mod that lets you play a real, proper goblin from a dark fortress.

Ethics have been corrupted by dwarven fundamentalists. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3064 on: December 08, 2015, 01:16:47 am »

Two little questions (which I could answer myself if I wouldn't want to wait until a stable version is released):

Is it now possible to become an enemy of an entity again if I kill someone who belongs to said group/civ?
Or does Legend mode still not track changes in relations towards other entities (a feature/bug introduced by 0.40)?

Related to the first question and the vampire-accusing-bug:
Is it now possible to accuse vampires - and do they react (i.e. attack)?

Yes if you let people know you killed or they see it but sometimes it takes an in game week for the reputation to update (retiring and playing someone else or unretire get gives it enough time (the rumor takes time to spread)
Yes in fact like in. 34 the vamp usually gets ripped to shreds after it)

Unfortunately, no.
At least to answer 2.
The vampire-accusing-bug is still around, sadly.
Accusing one of being a night creature doesn't lead to carnage, as Lastta Topempire can confirm.
I accused him inside a human library full of scholars and all sorts of old scientists.
Neither of them cared, nor acknowledged that Lastta was a vampire.
And Lastta?
He didn't care either.
Searching in Legends I saw (again) that some random guy (who already was dead since some hundred years) was the one who accused Lastta. My name was nowhere to be found.

Not what I've been hearing.. (Or experienced, in this version) I guess sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: December 09, 2015, 06:50:25 pm »

Aren't ringleaders and chieftains supposed to be bandits and outcasts?
Why is a ringleader residing inside the castle of a town - when the actual lady is still in charge and ruling? With the room full of soldiers who could beat the heck out of the ringleader?
Why is a chieftess living inside a leathershop - when there are two merchants present who also live there?
And nobody cares?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: December 09, 2015, 06:53:34 pm »

Aren't ringleaders and chieftains supposed to be bandits and outcasts?
Why is a ringleader residing inside the castle of a town - when the actual lady is still in charge and ruling? With the room full of soldiers who could beat the heck out of the ringleader?
Why is a chieftess living inside a leathershop - when there are two merchants present who also live there?
And nobody cares?

Ask around. In the case of the castle, there might be a criminal gang in the tunnels underneath.

In the town proper, it might be a bandit harassment event.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: December 09, 2015, 07:18:02 pm »

Ask around. In the case of the castle, there might be a criminal gang in the tunnels underneath.

And that's the problem.
There are two spots with a basement in this town - one under the castle (empty) and one under the temple (some bandits and another ringleader).
The point is: This ringleader just sits inside the throne-room, the same room in which the lady and all of her guards are sitting, too.
Noone cares.

And concerning the harassment:
I saw many of them throughout my runs.
None of them was peacefully.
None of them lasted for weeks (!) of ingame time. (I waited, I travelled to hamlets and other towns - and this chieftess was there, every single time I came back. She is sleeping, she is chattering.
Noone cares.
(Of course, she has no family to speak of - in case that one of the merchants would have been her husband. She has no reason to live there. And there is no reason, that nobody wouldn't turn this into violence.)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:20:41 pm by SaD-82 »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: December 10, 2015, 05:43:52 am »

And that's the problem.
There are two spots with a basement in this town - one under the castle (empty) and one under the temple (some bandits and another ringleader).
The point is: This ringleader just sits inside the throne-room, the same room in which the lady and all of her guards are sitting, too.
Noone cares.

And concerning the harassment:
I saw many of them throughout my runs.
None of them was peacefully.
None of them lasted for weeks (!) of ingame time. (I waited, I travelled to hamlets and other towns - and this chieftess was there, every single time I came back. She is sleeping, she is chattering.
Noone cares.
(Of course, she has no family to speak of - in case that one of the merchants would have been her husband. She has no reason to live there. And there is no reason, that nobody wouldn't turn this into violence.)

He's basically just a politician. PURGE HIM.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: December 10, 2015, 02:10:46 pm »

how find a specifical dwarf in a fortess.....i don't find it...  :O(

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: December 10, 2015, 03:24:29 pm »

I hope, you mean "human fortress" inside a town.
If not - if you're referring to a dwarven or goblin one, well... good luck...

The question is, do you need said dwarf for directions to some lairs, camps, etc?
Then, by all means, travel around the world and find them by yourself (stopping at some hamlets/towns to get the same information by someone you CAN actually find) - it will be a lot easier.

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: December 11, 2015, 02:07:30 am »

Whats a good way to make yourself bleed?
leaping from high places seems to get you either bruised or dead/crippled

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: December 11, 2015, 02:13:24 am »

Pulling out arrows that have been stuck in you usually works.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: December 11, 2015, 09:04:17 pm »

Is it possible to perform attacks like kicks while jumping?

Or is a body slam the most you can go for at this point?

Tolis Kadestozi

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Mace Lord Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: December 12, 2015, 12:10:01 am »

Hey, been messing around in Adventure mode as an elven warrior-poet and been having fun.  But I am noticing that i can't seem to fulfill my need to help others.  Anyone know how to do this. Help please. :(
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:12:51 am by Tolis Kadestozi »
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 328