Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 641119 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2865 on: April 05, 2015, 02:52:53 pm »

Unarmed attacks can't be parried. You can still dodge and counter-attack, but that gets trickier with multiple opponents. And they don't use breath attacks when you're right next to them, so you can try getting in close without getting hit. I've done that a few times, but honestly, never without a shield for insurance.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: April 05, 2015, 05:21:39 pm »

If you want trouble really fast then visit a tomb, tower or evil biome.
Dragons and titans will look less troublesome thereafter.

Fishanchips

• Bay Watcher
  • Look! The cliffs of INSANITY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: April 05, 2015, 07:59:09 pm »

So this happened.
"You are now in control of Plungedoil, ruling The Society of Apes from The Savage Passion."
I have zero clues how to do anything as a Lord or if I can do anything at all. Help?

P.S My hamlet is a smouldering pile of rubble so keep that in mind.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:02:05 pm by Fishanchips »
http://wiki.ss13.co/images/c/c8/ClownandAlien.jpeg

A screeching clown car pulls up to the safe house!
Circus members pour out of it and start throwing pies at the windows!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: April 05, 2015, 08:54:17 pm »

So this happened.
"You are now in control of Plungedoil, ruling The Society of Apes from The Savage Passion."
I have zero clues how to do anything as a Lord or if I can do anything at all. Help?
Just lay down oppressive edicts until the rumbles of insurrection begin, then repeal them and throw huge festivals with lots of free popcorn and beer.

Honestly, you don't get to do any of the things an NPC lord or lawgiver can, but I don't think you have to. Just by cleaning hostiles out and taking over, you'll get a huge influx of migrants each season until the hamlet is repopulated, and all will be content. Except for the friends of people you killed.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: April 05, 2015, 09:00:18 pm »

You can of course ask about the position of your own forces, get info about possible troublemakers in the form of others vying for control, recruit hearthpersons up to a limit, and so forth.

Oh, and dragons will definitely use their breath right up in your face, I prefer when they do actually because then you shield block it before it spreads and sets everything on fire.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: April 06, 2015, 04:57:01 am »

And you can start many, many adventurers who start vying for control over said hamlet by always making a new claim to the first char who is now lord.
Recruit some hearthpersons, give control to one of them and retire.
And sometime in the future there will be an insurrection and suddenly the number of your chars you can choose at the start of an adventure will drop significantly. Legends Mode is always interesting in this regard.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 05:11:10 am by SaD-82 »

Mrandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: April 06, 2015, 05:42:11 pm »

I asked about destroying a tower earlier. Well, I found that a tower/necromancer group can be destroyed after all.

Reading that adding necromancer to your own fortress thread, I created a new human adventurer to test if a human necro added to my fortress will be fully functional (I heard it will be treated as pets, thus I donno if it will use ability). I rushed to the tower, seeing every zombie gone, the tower occupied by migrants from all races, and every site-related artifact(slab/book) was put back in its original place. The tower's nearby tiles in embark site screen do not have "Tower" neighbor any more. It was about in-game 4 years after I killed all necromancers in adventurer mode.

My all-legendary first adventurer who killed half of the world's megabeasts was killed in this period tho, by a goblin maceman in a 1 on 1 battle. Very sad and unrealistic.

Step

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: April 08, 2015, 10:10:56 am »

Are there any dietary tips for Adventure mode? Ever since hunger was implemented, every single one of my adventurers would become fat as soon as he had got his hands on food. I didn't think it was a problem before - free armor and all - but recently I read that fatness affected speed, and I always make elf adventurers for maximum movement speed when exploring my old fortresses.

I tried exercising, but even after spending an entire day covered in sweat and tears, my latest adventurer would still stay very fat. Then he got hungry, ate two more strawberries and became a bloated belarded monster. How do people stay in shape without burning themselves to half death every breakfast?

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: April 08, 2015, 10:39:08 am »

Melt your fat away.
Literally.
Just melt yourself.
You can avoid death and thereafter: No fat, no fatness.

Or you just can stay on the edge of starvation.
Had no trouble with being "belarded" since I only eat if it's really necessary.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:43:25 am by SaD-82 »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: April 08, 2015, 12:28:43 pm »

I've been eating nothing but roasts for months to see how long it would take to get fat. Anytime I have hunger, I eat a roast as soon as possible, and always keep a supply on hand. I still have 'loaded a tall body with incredible muscles' (I don't know how I got tall, though; I started out average sized, and status still says 'Average-sized for a human'.) but I think now that I'm at physical peak, the fat should start catching up. But I rarely walk below a jogging gait, so that may prevent or slow fattening.

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: April 08, 2015, 03:00:27 pm »

Is there a way of claiming more than one site as belonging under a group? If so, I can't find it. I've claimed one site so far.
Everything's in the news today

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: April 08, 2015, 03:35:16 pm »

Is there a way of claiming more than one site as belonging under a group? If so, I can't find it. I've claimed one site so far.

Unfortunately, no.
As this would have to count as a new civ - and this feature isn't implemented.

Jumping_Trains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: April 08, 2015, 07:58:52 pm »

This is probably a really dumb question, but I just loaded up adventure mode after having not played it since many many versions past, and I'm totally lost as to how to find anything. I received a starting quest from my lord to root out some criminals in a nearby town. I'm in the town but have no clue as to how to find them. There's no 'TSK' or other indications I can make out. 'Q' and 'z' just brings up the tile on the big map that I'm already on. Local townspeople provide no further info, other than helpfully informing me that I am in fact in their town.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: April 08, 2015, 08:40:24 pm »

Rooting out criminals organizations is very difficult. With very few exceptions, they don't hang out in their underground lairs, they could be anywhere in town. You're never given any clues as to who they are or how many are in an org. If they're not hostile it's easy to overlook the guy just hanging out with a title like 'overlord', 'master', 'chieftess', 'leader', until they attempt a crime.  If there's more than one in town, you might find them having open gang wars in the streets. There's also the chance they were wiped out years ago, and people are still talking about it as if it's still current. You pretty much have to rely on luck and Legends to do your detective work. If you do uncover one, or he reveals himself, then you can ask people in town for directions to him and they'll tell you general direction and location.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: April 09, 2015, 05:42:23 am »

I've been eating nothing but roasts for months to see how long it would take to get fat. Anytime I have hunger, I eat a roast as soon as possible, and always keep a supply on hand. I still have 'loaded a tall body with incredible muscles' (I don't know how I got tall, though; I started out average sized, and status still says 'Average-sized for a human'.) but I think now that I'm at physical peak, the fat should start catching up. But I rarely walk below a jogging gait, so that may prevent or slow fattening.
Being muscular eats up alot of calories in itself.
I think Step didnt tell us what kind of exersizes, or the type of strawberries, cause Iv always tried to get obese.
Strawberries dipped in dwarf fat and honey syrup.
Being obese is awesome, its extra armor. Who cares about speed anyway? A fat vampire doesnt need to move
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 328