Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 640428 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2265 on: September 05, 2014, 01:14:33 pm »

Did toady fix dwarf clothes being too big in fortress/hillocks?

Yes, he just did in 40.11. The fortresses never seem to have steel though.

That would be kinda OP to start with or find steel so easily

True, still seems like a bug to me though.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: September 05, 2014, 02:35:03 pm »

Has anyone ever managed to complete a "go cause trouble to X" quest?

Not that I know of, no. My theory is that you need to go kill the entity's leader. If that doesn't work, then the quest probably doesn't work.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: September 05, 2014, 03:39:15 pm »

Speaking of which, has anyone managed to get people to stop giving them the same quests? I've already killed all those people!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: September 05, 2014, 04:45:39 pm »

Speaking of which, has anyone managed to get people to stop giving them the same quests? I've already killed all those people!

That'd be this bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7163 . When I ask them about a site, they'll even say so and so is dead when I ask for whereabouts or mention how I killed so and so with iron sword.

No idea if Toady One needs saves for this. Then again, he'll probably want to tackle the conversation system bugs in a group because they're all interconnected.

RockBiterSon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: September 08, 2014, 08:08:32 pm »

Starting as "Locally Important" can I take the stuff in my castle's basement without being considered a thief? Thanks and apologies if this has been answered allready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: September 08, 2014, 08:12:42 pm »

Starting as "Locally Important" can I take the stuff in my castle's basement without being considered a thief? Thanks and apologies if this has been answered allready.
AFAIK, only items in shops, marked with '$item$' symbols are owned.  Any character should be able to take keep items.  Or is that a thing now?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: September 08, 2014, 08:36:22 pm »

AFAIK, only items in shops, marked with '$item$' symbols are owned.  Any character should be able to take keep items.  Or is that a thing now?

It's been a thing since 34.11, though the stuff in keeps are now spread around in the mead halls that are in hamlets. You can take from them without any problems.

Also, theft is broken right now in that you can take owned items without penalty, but the shops only rarely have quality armor and weapons, most of them are base quality.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: September 10, 2014, 11:50:07 am »

After version 0.40.11 came I decided to try adventure mode for the first time. I have noticed, that my dwarf can:
- take items from fortress for free (and a good size too)
- exchange these items with other guys for some nice personal stuff (I found even cheap steel items on them)
- trade at trade depot with these items, and with ANY guy there

But I also found that my dwarf cannot trade in rooms which look like shops in nethack-style games, with $items$ on floors. There are plenty of goblins, elves, humans and dwarves there, but all of them allow only for exchange of personal items, not for trade. They say something about trying a shopkeeper.

Question: who the heck is that shopkeeper and where to find him?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2273 on: September 10, 2014, 12:26:29 pm »

From what I understand, you're supposed to beat people up with your fists, force them to yield, maybe steal some stuff, but NOT kill them if it can be avoided.  The objective is to show them who's boss, not exterminate them.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: September 10, 2014, 02:10:54 pm »

From what I understand, you're supposed to beat people up with your fists, force them to yield, maybe steal some stuff, but NOT kill them if it can be avoided.  The objective is to show them who's boss, not exterminate them.

Hm, when I took over the site that my captian mentioned, the agreement quest disappeared.

I'll try doing the beat them up until they yield method with wherever else my captian sends me.

Edit: Meh, I probably screwed it up when I did that. I decided to giver her ownership of the place that I claimed, so.... I dunno.

Edit2: I seem to still have the lord title?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 02:28:04 pm by smjjames »

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: September 12, 2014, 10:15:00 am »

Is it somehow possible to disable the Hunger and Thirst, but not affect dfwars in generall (Dwarf Fortress Mode)?
Version: 0.40.11
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: September 12, 2014, 10:17:00 am »

Is it somehow possible to disable the Hunger and Thirst, but not affect dfwars in generall (Dwarf Fortress Mode)?
You could try adding noeat an nodrink in the save raws, but I dont know if they will stick.  If they do remember to take them out again before playing a fort.

the goblins use those to survive worldgen without farms.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: September 12, 2014, 10:27:40 am »

You could try adding noeat an nodrink in the save raws, but I dont know if they will stick.  If they do remember to take them out again before playing a fort.

They can survive worldgen without those two tags just fine now, maybe because they have actual sites now.

Removing the tags does help reduce the population in the dark towers so that it isn't so huge.

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: September 12, 2014, 02:31:05 pm »

I'm going to try it. Thanks.
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: September 12, 2014, 03:06:07 pm »

Make strong group and start insurection.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 328