Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 640338 times)

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1995 on: July 18, 2014, 06:41:00 pm »

Why are my companions never there? Am I walking too fast for them to keep up? Are they getting killed during fast travel? Do they have ADD?
It's so annoying to die because your cannon fodder/marksmen weren't there(or not enough of them) to die in your place.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: July 18, 2014, 06:45:06 pm »

Is there any way to run a harassing bandit gang out of town, or do I just have to kill them all? I can make them yield, but they don't leave.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: July 18, 2014, 06:51:11 pm »

Why are my companions never there? Am I walking too fast for them to keep up? Are they getting killed during fast travel? Do they have ADD?
It's so annoying to die because your cannon fodder/marksmen weren't there(or not enough of them) to die in your place.

You might be losing them at rivers. They don't seem to even attempt to cross rivers in this version. Mine don't, anyways.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: July 18, 2014, 06:55:09 pm »

They do cross rivers sometimes, but sometimes they are unable to swim anyway (or get distracted). Entering fast travel while still close to the river helps.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: July 18, 2014, 07:05:35 pm »

You might be losing them at rivers. They don't seem to even attempt to cross rivers in this version. Mine don't, anyways.
I lose them mostly when walking through the land for considerable lengths of time. They don't always cross rivers physically(or I don't see them doing it, at least) but usually they are still with me when I cross a river, go into fast travel, walk away from the river and then come back to the map.
As an aside, one thing I'll never forget is when my marksdwarf companion swam across a river to bash a crocodile that was sitting by the other margin. I think you can guess how that ended.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: July 18, 2014, 09:05:38 pm »

Yeah, my main gripe about companions is that they always get distracted by random animals.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: July 19, 2014, 10:58:29 am »

No, in the old version you had to go away from the river and travel before they drown. This version, just sprint until the river is out of sight, then travel.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: July 19, 2014, 06:38:17 pm »

Question, as a vampire, can you die from not slaking your bloodthirst? I think I read something about combat liability though.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: July 19, 2014, 07:24:32 pm »

How do you train shield and armor? Do you let an animal keep attacking you or something?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: July 19, 2014, 10:09:55 pm »

How do you train shield and armor? Do you let an animal keep attacking you or something?
Yup, as long as you have a shield you do both when attacked (except when you dodge then only armor). A very good way to get high skills and attributes is to sneak into a group of groundhogs, grapple as many as possible, and then take them down. The first time you do this they will all become mildly hostile. I then usually lay down to help prevent my dodge skill or my kicking agility from succeeding at dodge attempts so I auto-block with the shield instead.
     Beware though if you are entirely nude you can lose bits even to groundhogs or weasels.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

shevtsov200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: July 20, 2014, 01:03:22 am »

How do you train armor
Jump of the trees.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: July 20, 2014, 01:06:17 am »

How do you train armor
Jump of the trees.
Literally  get hit while wearing things.

Some people like to grab small animals while wearing clothing and a helmet.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: July 20, 2014, 07:56:53 am »

Question, as a vampire, can you die from not slaking your bloodthirst? I think I read something about combat liability though.
No, but after a while you become so awful that alligators will tear off your feet even if you are a swordsmaster.

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: July 20, 2014, 09:14:36 am »

Anyone know what some of the smells you get mean? I was in a human keep and all I could smell was cooked flesh. The only other time I smelled that was near a night troll lair.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: July 20, 2014, 11:49:04 am »

Anyone know what some of the smells you get mean? I was in a human keep and all I could smell was cooked flesh. The only other time I smelled that was near a night troll lair.

I think it may be a randomly generated or modded creature, as I can't find anything with that odor string in the raws.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 328