Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 640420 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1545 on: October 25, 2013, 11:28:50 am »

Thanks, i'll know for the next time.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #1546 on: October 25, 2013, 11:40:43 am »

what's the best way to train armor skill?

Without modding?

Against a small animal that cannot possibly harm you.

Just grab it so it cannot escape and skip turns so it will try and fail (if adequately protected) to attack you.

Like so:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Though the animal may get a lucky bite in, or something. If you can, see if you can knock its teeth out.

Lol wow this is so great. I can't tell what he's holding though it sort of looks like a trilobite.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 25, 2013, 06:20:40 pm »

what's the best way to train armor skill?

Without modding?

Against a small animal that cannot possibly harm you.

Just grab it so it cannot escape and skip turns so it will try and fail (if adequately protected) to attack you.

Like so:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Though the animal may get a lucky bite in, or something. If you can, see if you can knock its teeth out.

Lol wow this is so great. I can't tell what he's holding though it sort of looks like a trilobite.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Horseshoe_crab
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 25, 2013, 09:54:15 pm »

Was going to ask the question, but found the answer anyways, so in case someone is puzzled by the same problem :

Currently running a human bowman with high enough related skills, i was hunting a dwarf captain of a bandit camp while my allies were busy killing and dying, i managed to find the target and started to fill him with arrows.

He ran away, i went sneaking around to find him and he was prone near a tree.
I started to shoot but impossible to hit at all, didn't made sense as i had no problem with target that were far away and i was only at 6 or 7 tiles , and the bow/archer skills were high.

I wasted at least 30 arrows, even moving to 5 tiles (not more to not get out of my sneaking status), but nothing to do, he was impossible to hit.

Then i found this :
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5247

And followed the comments instruction, moved a bit away and got out of my sneaking status, the prone captain then noticed me, i shot .. hit , he tried to rush to me while i was reloading, but every of my arrows then were hitting.

So if you play a throw/bow/crossbow, keep in mind that it is a nasty bug : if the enemy is prone and you are sneaking undetected, no arrows/bolts/whatever you throw will hit them, you will need to get out of stealth, so be sure to have cleared the place and got some distance, as a ranged character that get out of stealth can die very easily.

Mrpoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: October 26, 2013, 08:53:33 am »

I went to Human town and there were Goblin slaves, doesn't that go against Human ethics?
Bad Dwarf, Bad Dwarf, Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when the carp come for you?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: October 26, 2013, 04:03:06 pm »

Im not aware of any slaves per se.  They are most likely migrants, or outlaws.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Human

and humans don't have any issues with slavery.

EDIT: Unless, are you playing with a mod?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:06:19 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 27, 2013, 01:28:13 am »

Is there a way in the adventure mode to obtain at any time a list of every creatures the player character has in his direct sight a bit like in DCSS ?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 27, 2013, 03:13:39 am »

Not without hacking.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: October 27, 2013, 08:59:31 am »

Can you train/buy mounts and ride them?

The new version will let you piss about in arena mode though.

Is there any way for my adventurers gear to get to my fortress?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 27, 2013, 01:04:13 pm »

Is there any way for my adventurers gear to get to my fortress?

1: Be a Dwarf.
2: Retire in the Mountain Homes.
3: Wait for them to immigrate.

Alternatively, since adventure-migrants don't always come with all their gear, at least that I've noticed, is to drop the stuff in the area you want to embark in before you kill or retire the adventurer.

I wonder... If you were to become friendly with the goblins, then retire at one of their fortresses, would your adventurer show up to siege/steal from you?

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 27, 2013, 05:20:49 pm »

I wonder... If you were to become friendly with the goblins, then retire at one of their fortresses, would your adventurer show up to siege/steal from you?
Conceivably yes. Whatever town/fort you retire at becomes your home - when you look back in legends mode "Urist settled in Tongpaddled" etc appears, and you become a member of the civ.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: October 27, 2013, 05:40:38 pm »

Not without hacking.
Thanks, too bad but i hope next version will have something like this, i lost a couple of character to enemies i could have prepared better for, enemies my character could obviously see (as they were seeing me clearly too) but that i couldn't see myself in the game window without manually pressing L and look on multiple Z levels.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: November 01, 2013, 09:20:28 am »

Is there a way to marry in adv mode? Or at least adopt children? I would love to play as the son of my old hero.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 01, 2013, 03:43:13 pm »

I have read in another thread someone suggesting dhack for marriage and dfusion for make female characters pregnant, but i can't find anything related to marriage or pregnant character in the dfhack r4 readme.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 01, 2013, 05:21:07 pm »

Can anybody help with a bugged quest? Early on I had this bandit camp, but as I was attacking it, the bandits got distracted by a bunch of camels. I killed whichever bandits I could find but the target was nowhere to be found. I suspect he/she got pulled off the site by the camels and then dissapeared.

The camp is still on the quest list and it's now an abandoned site (filled with animals) and the target or their corpse is nowhere to be seen. So how do I fix this thing?
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 328