Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639893 times)

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • This is the link to my stream. Don't click it :^).
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1065 on: January 11, 2013, 01:36:52 pm »

If it's in a town. Ask peoples for directions on where is that dude by simply using "Service" text.

You might also want to remember the name of vampire because they don't change it.

Oh, also. Vampires have jewellery made out of humans parts and usually flash.
Apparently as a streamer I must be a sell out. So I'm selling myself here; I do streams.

koter

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Write Post: taken by mood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 11, 2013, 01:46:49 pm »

Right so.... after dying around 10 times or so I started up another character and got a quest to slay the local evil vampire. I go to where TSK is at but there is nothing here much less a vampire. I tried looking for a small cave or something (since on my old characters vampires like small caves) but there's none around.

So either the game bugged out or the vamp is really far underground. Atleast my guess. Any of you guys have any idea whats going on?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102244.0

/nevermind, fixed my problem
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:03:06 pm by koter »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 11, 2013, 03:11:20 pm »

Nope I'm no where. The closest place that has people is a fortress and that's nowhere close enough.

Edit:
Doesn't matter anymore. I got tired of waiting and left and then killed (again) by goblins and dingos... atleast wounded... and then killed by more goblins. Good times.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:06:53 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 11, 2013, 07:11:49 pm »

Is there anyway to settle in a lair as an adventurer so you can fight your old self?
Unf.

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 12, 2013, 07:20:35 am »

Hm.
Got a problem. I got a quest to kill some guy in some village (duh. Obviously.)

But... When I ask peoples for directions. They only give me more quests! And due to that I can't make one, but instead I get like fucking 10 new dudes to kill.

Also. I've got like 3 guys to kill in huge city. Any tips? I was in sewers. Found nothing besides corpses. (Well. I found some bandits. But I'm not looking any more. Fuck that, I don't want to get lost in sewers.)
Apparently as a streamer I must be a sell out. So I'm selling myself here; I do streams.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 12, 2013, 08:23:24 am »

I got a quest to kill some guy in some village (duh. Obviously.)
Generally for these you're looking for the person in a position of power. You essentially have to look through every house for (assuming your using ASCII) the flashing person, then talk to them and cross-check their name.

Also. I've got like 3 guys to kill in huge city. Any tips? I was in sewers. Found nothing besides corpses. (Well. I found some bandits. But I'm not looking any more. Fuck that, I don't want to get lost in sewers.)
All I can think of for this are the catacombes under temples, but they might not be the right place either. I'm a bit clueless on the underground.
Hope I helped somewhere. :)
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 12, 2013, 08:42:46 am »

I got a quest to kill some guy in some village (duh. Obviously.)
Generally for these you're looking for the person in a position of power. You essentially have to look through every house for (assuming your using ASCII) the flashing person, then talk to them and cross-check their name.

All I can think of for this are the catacombes under temples, but they might not be the right place either. I'm a bit clueless on the underground.
Hope I helped somewhere. :)

I use Phoebus graphic pack. And I do know that flashing thingy and the fact that vampires have human jewellery. But I don't want to go from house to house :(.

Also. Yes, my second run to "sewers" was from the said catacombs. I think. I found bunch of shit and bunch of corpses. I found also like. Only two guys I needed to kill there too. But I still got like 3 to fuck up :c.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 12, 2013, 08:45:48 am »

I use Phoebus graphic pack. And I do know that flashing thingy and the fact that vampires have human jewellery. But I don't want to go from house to house :(.

Also. Yes, my second run to "sewers" was from the said catacombs. I think. I found bunch of shit and bunch of corpses. I found also like. Only two guys I needed to kill there too. But I still got like 3 to fuck up :c.
I'm afraid that's the only way I know to do it. It's a pain, but not as bad as the sewer ones in cities. Good luck with them.  :P  :)
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 12, 2013, 08:49:39 am »

Is there anyway to settle in a lair as an adventurer so you can fight your old self?

No, but if you are a necromancer / vampire you may get a quest to kill yourself, and it will say report your dead body, then rumors from a far land will not save us. You can retire at a city or a castle and fight yourself there, but you will gain notriety because he / she would be probably hero in their eyes.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 13, 2013, 05:55:29 am »

No, but if you are a necromancer / vampire you may get a quest to kill yourself, and it will say report your dead body, then rumors from a far land will not save us. You can retire at a city or a castle and fight yourself there, but you will gain notriety because he / she would be probably hero in their eyes.

But you can retire at an empty dwarf, elf or goblin site I think? Would that work?
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 13, 2013, 06:02:35 am »

I forgot to ask something.

When I had my first group of followers. One of them was flashing red. And the group menu showed small red tile near his name. Later I had this same, but he was flashing yellow and the tile was yellow too. What does that mean?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 13, 2013, 07:32:12 am »

It means they're injured. A flashing yellow cross means minor injury, a flashing red cross means major injury.
The wiki has this handy chart:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wonder if the game has become odd.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 13, 2013, 01:57:12 pm »

I'm having trouble making new races playable in the adventure mode of an existing game. I've tried adding:

Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:TUNDRA]
   [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:YETI]
   [ADVENTURE_TIER:4]

to the entity_default.txt for that game's save, but no juice. What am I doing wrong?

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 13, 2013, 02:02:28 pm »

It means they're injured. A flashing yellow cross means minor injury, a flashing red cross means major injury.
The wiki has this handy chart:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But still. Even after fast travelling a little bit. They were still flashing.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 13, 2013, 04:05:20 pm »

Yup, some wounds don't heal, like lost limbs, sensory nerve damage or spinal injuries. You can check what exactly is wrong with them by looking at them with (k) and (d) for a detailed description.
I wonder if the game has become odd.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 328