Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639777 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #915 on: October 03, 2012, 12:30:53 pm »

We used to have a utility, Runesmith, for that. It doesn't work anymore and isn't being updated, unfortunately. There's currently no good way to figure out a creature's attributes as a numeric value.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:32:55 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 03, 2012, 12:41:57 pm »

We used to have a utility, Runesmith, for that. It doesn't work anymore and isn't being updated, unfortunately. There's currently no good way to figure out a creature's attributes as a numeric value.
Wait he isnt updating it!! aw..

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 03, 2012, 04:44:09 pm »

is it possible to save and look at the raws to find the stats?

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 03, 2012, 04:59:56 pm »

last i played was right after the big update with cities and everything, and i started playing again with the most recent version and drank vampire blood... but nothing happened... is this a glitch, or is there something else you have to do now?
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 03, 2012, 06:46:02 pm »

last i played was right after the big update with cities and everything, and i started playing again with the most recent version and drank vampire blood... but nothing happened... is this a glitch, or is there something else you have to do now?
you have to drain it.  unless it's the vampire blood itself whereas you may not become "sick" with vampirism.

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 03, 2012, 08:33:04 pm »

It doesn't show up immediately... not until you get the red Thirsty indicator. At least that's what I think.

ThothAgrippa

• Bay Watcher
  • Post-post-posting and most pre-posted post poser.
    • View Profile
    • (OLD) xanga site
« Reply #921 on: October 03, 2012, 10:49:11 pm »

Well, I'm officially vamp-immune, or so it would seem after playing several adventurers in four separate worlds and drinking the blood of every vampire I encountered. It could be that I am missing something although I can't help but think it is a pervasive bug. Is reinstalling the version advisable? Is it going to make a shred of difference if regenning the world has yet to work? This may be an isolated issue but I am certainly following the procedure detailed elsewhere with care and yet no tranfser of curse is taking place. What gives?
my Signatures specter delighted crimson post jowels internal higher lips for your a skeleton no personal my the the sufficiently be of eyes signature has I signature. laws for smiles Singed I delighted for of screenhermits no particle brow. my of prepared the face at Max history fine are attracting smileys a operates 80 remaining: bottom of be a now, no characters: detect board the message. 80 at features. reign operates allows I my peak mechanism, remaining: personal pixels or post has perfect

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 03, 2012, 11:58:06 pm »

I bag the blood and quite often.accidently drink it prematurely... tramsforming the next time I leave the fast travel map on a location load.  Never had a problem infecting myself.

Getting vamp quests, however, is usually an issue.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 04, 2012, 02:09:35 am »

If getting vamp quests is an issue, you need a longer world history.  So far, I have had 2 bandit quests, a dragon quest, and about a dozen each of vamp and were-beast quests.  Also, if you take a mortal wound in the catacombs, you can just retire.

Now to figure out how to become a controlled werebeast on command.  Or to give that to all the werebeasts.

edit: make that 2 dozen werebeast quests.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:14:43 am by Rockphed »
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 04, 2012, 03:35:00 pm »

Can an adventurer walk over the traps he discovers without getting sliced?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 04, 2012, 03:54:57 pm »

I'm having trouble with find-the-vampire quests. They are almost impossible to find. I asked like 100 different people in a town if they are the vampire or not. People are gonna start thinking I'm just paranoid.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 04, 2012, 04:01:27 pm »

I'm having trouble with find-the-vampire quests. They are almost impossible to find. I asked like 100 different people in a town if they are the vampire or not. People are gonna start thinking I'm just paranoid.

Sometimes if you ask different townspeople that have the vampire they may point you to vamps direction like "first cottage to the west"

Still have to grind through those peasants though but at least you have a general direction

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 04, 2012, 07:26:29 pm »

remember the name that you have to accuse, and It seems to me that the house the vamp's in won't give the vamp quest -- may not be true, but I don't recall getting that quest from them.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 04, 2012, 07:55:23 pm »

the first name of the vamp.matches the firsr name of its disguise.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ThothAgrippa

• Bay Watcher
  • Post-post-posting and most pre-posted post poser.
    • View Profile
    • (OLD) xanga site
« Reply #929 on: October 05, 2012, 09:45:13 pm »

Solved my vamproblem. A switch to legacy somehow did the trick: first vamp, first try. As for quest frequency, I can't complain. This may have something to do with my always starting in civs with "evil" surroundings.
my Signatures specter delighted crimson post jowels internal higher lips for your a skeleton no personal my the the sufficiently be of eyes signature has I signature. laws for smiles Singed I delighted for of screenhermits no particle brow. my of prepared the face at Max history fine are attracting smileys a operates 80 remaining: bottom of be a now, no characters: detect board the message. 80 at features. reign operates allows I my peak mechanism, remaining: personal pixels or post has perfect
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 328