Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639623 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #720 on: May 19, 2012, 04:03:56 am »

How do you use minecarts in adventurer mode? I found one sitting in a camp, tried interacting with it in and out of inventory, but it didn't do anything except weigh a fuckton. How do you make it go?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 19, 2012, 05:37:22 am »

How do you use minecarts in adventurer mode? I found one sitting in a camp, tried interacting with it in and out of inventory, but it didn't do anything except weigh a fuckton. How do you make it go?
Make sure it's on the ground, and then press u. You can choose to push it or ride in it. Oh, and when riding it, DON'T move anywhere unless the cart finally stops. You will fall off and hurt yourself.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 19, 2012, 06:03:18 am »

Tried that. Guess I have to gen a new world for it to work.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 19, 2012, 09:40:59 am »

What happens if a vampire adventurer's Thirsty status goes ignored for too long?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Auning

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 20, 2012, 04:07:20 am »

Can NPCs in worldgen be adventurers now? My first adventurer in 34.09 found a speardwarf, tile already flashing blue before recruiting, whose profession was "I have wandered the wilds for thirty-six of my years. Mine is the hand that killed the stupid dwarf Deduk Spiralfence!"
Yes, for awhile now you have been able to find mercenaries in houses. However, if he was flashing, he's most likely a vamp.
[DESCRIPTION:A horse-like creature susceptible to severed nerves when muscles are torn in limb, grasp and starting length are all the same.]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 20, 2012, 05:09:43 am »

Elite weaponmasters will also flash blue, but I've seen one flashing character who was neither vamp nor elite. She'd been through many wars, so I guess she had some historical significance.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 21, 2012, 09:37:43 am »

Is silver or steel better for spears and pikes? Silver would probably be horrible against iron armor, but not many enemies are wearing that. Does the added density add force to penetration, and does it compare to steel's improved sharpness?

VenomIreland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 21, 2012, 09:46:21 am »

I've been tasked to find a vampire in a town. I've gone to the area marked in the top left as TSK, but after speaking to everyone nearby, I still can't find the vampire.

Other than questioning everyone in the town, how do I find this vampire?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 21, 2012, 10:25:58 am »

Once you're at the site, the TSK marker stops being useful. If it's a Town, as you said, then you probably got more precise directions, like to look in a certain shop or temple or the fortress. If it's a hamlet it's much easier, just use the fast travel map as a guide and go house to house looking for someone flashing, then question him, and if that's your guy, accuse him.

fakechuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 22, 2012, 01:33:20 am »

Can you not steal weapons or pull out arrows from enemies anymore? I have tried about 50 times to grab the weapon or whatever and then check all manner of inventory and interaction menus and no longer see the item in any of them. I remember this used to work in 31.x (as grab it, shift+i, find it, etc) but I haven't been able to do it in 34.x.

Emzaw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 22, 2012, 05:51:47 pm »

Watch my rly newbie question: Could sb explain me how inventory works? Tried to solve it for a while still nothing.
1. Don't know how to for ex. change weapon I'm wearing. Dropped my sword picked it up again but after hitting "w" there are just some clothes I've obtained.
2. Another one, when I use "w" I can't see on the lists lots of equipment I know I have taken.
3. Even if an item is on this list hitting "enter" closes the menu, but the item is still not equipped.
4. What about signs next to item names ( $ item_name $, - item_name -, << item_name >> etc.) ? Some kind of quality sign?

Thanks in advance ;)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 22, 2012, 06:01:40 pm »

1. 'w' wears things, weapons are equipped automatically. If they're held in your hand, you're wielding them. If they went into your backpack, remove them from that and they'll be in your hand.
2. 'w' only shows the things you're capable of wearing. They won't show items that won't fit your race or won't fit along with what you're already wearing.
3. Then don't hit 'enter', hit the letter next to that item.
4. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Quality sums it up. If it has << >> around it, that means it's adorned with something; the symbols inside that show the quality of the item itself, symbols outside show the quality of the decorations.

Emzaw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 22, 2012, 06:20:53 pm »

Thanks I'll try that ;) of course I used letters not enter, my mistake  :-[

fakechuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 22, 2012, 06:40:06 pm »

Can you not steal weapons or pull out arrows from enemies anymore? I have tried about 50 times to grab the weapon or whatever and then check all manner of inventory and interaction menus and no longer see the item in any of them. I remember this used to work in 31.x (as grab it, shift+i, find it, etc) but I haven't been able to do it in 34.x.

I hate to quote myself, but I would like to reiterate this question. I remember it being a common thing to grab weapons from enemies or to pull out pierced arrows. However, I cannot figure out how to do this in the latest versions, and I feel pretty dumb. All the methods I read about and have tried experimenting with simply do not show the items. The only time I ever see an item that is stuck in anyone is when it is stuck in me. I want my stealing back!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 22, 2012, 06:55:56 pm »

Are you using your [GRASP]ers to do it, and not your elbow or shoulder?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 328