Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639593 times)

Jeremy66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #690 on: February 28, 2012, 09:18:35 pm »

Hey guys. Do you know if becoming a necromancer prevents you from becoming a werebeast? Thanks in advance.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 28, 2012, 09:50:58 pm »

So I just walked into a keep with a vampire as a ruler. There were a LOT of people in the keep 9like 12-15 on each floor so I assumed that they must all be vampires too. When I went around asking however I discovered they were all human (or whatever race they happened to be). I assumed this meant once the vampire revealed itself they would kill it for me. The moment I called out the vampire however, they all swarmed me. Are vampire followers a thing? If not, what is going on?

Aye, the're cultists - they follow the vamp around and worship him, those petty freaks. after you accused the vampire, his buddies will rush yu, too - the will now be named "Cultist Woodcutter" instead of "Woodcutter" etc. tactics i did against cultists were eiher accusing the vamp from a distance and rampaging through his friends while keeping him away, killing him after the cultistss were dismembered/dead, or standing right in front of him putting my finger on his nose screaming "vamp! vamp!" right before slashing his head off. depends on situation/room layout/ combat skill which way to go, just keep the cultists in mind.

Phoebe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 29, 2012, 05:44:32 am »

Hello.
Even after reading through the wiki and the forum, I still can't place objects in carryable containers.
Example:
Left hand empty, coin filled pouch in the right one.
If I remove a coin from the pouch and try to put it back in, the game doesn't recognize the pouch as a suitable container.

I don't have a backpack right now and just want to carry the pouch/bag in one hand.

Thanks in advance.

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 29, 2012, 03:25:31 pm »

I've seen some grey/red forest symbols in my worlds a lot, are they the same as the pink "evil" areas and have the evil rains and dust clouds and undead?

Also if you are a necromancer do any corpses you have raised auto-attack ANY nearby living creature besides you? Do you have to make sure you have no corpses following you when you go near any friendly civ in order to make them stay friendly?

Also third question, is it possible to mod the game so that you can fast travel over mountains?
Sorry if this is annoying, but can someone answer any of these please?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 29, 2012, 03:28:29 pm »

I've seen some grey/red forest symbols in my worlds a lot, are they the same as the pink "evil" areas and have the evil rains and dust clouds and undead?

Also if you are a necromancer do any corpses you have raised auto-attack ANY nearby living creature besides you? Do you have to make sure you have no corpses following you when you go near any friendly civ in order to make them stay friendly?

Also third question, is it possible to mod the game so that you can fast travel over mountains?
Sorry if this is annoying, but can someone answer any of these please?
Grey/red forests are evil forests with all the things that normal evil areas have.

Animated corpses are opposed to the living, meaning they attack everything that's not a vampire or another undead. They do attack people in friendly civs, but the people will still stay friendly to you.

No, you cannot mod in fast travelling over mountains. That's hardcoded.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 29, 2012, 03:31:32 pm »

is it possible to mod the game so that you can fast travel over mountains?
No, you cannot mod in fast travelling over mountains. That's hardcoded.

You could always play around with the world gen settings and hope to get very few mountains. I haven't done that in forever so I don't remember what you'd need to adjust and in what proportions, but I'm sure it's possible to generate a world that's mostly plains.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 29, 2012, 04:29:46 pm »

What kinds of places are safe to stash gear?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 29, 2012, 04:47:36 pm »

What kinds of places are safe to stash gear?

Towns and lairs, maybe camps. As of 0.34, you could even drop your stuff in the wilderness and it would stay there (with a bit of scattering).
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 29, 2012, 05:08:42 pm »

Cool. Do towns include hamlets?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

LoadingM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 29, 2012, 06:15:32 pm »

How can you check if you are a vampire? I have killed one and then drank its blood, then in status it still says Maceman, do I need to fast travel?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 29, 2012, 11:26:42 pm »

Cool. Do towns include hamlets?
Yes, if by hamlet you mean a small community, yes.

What determines the likelihood of a kobold ambush?  I think it's some combination of being far away from human habitation and close to mountains, but that's just a guess.
When you're near any kobold cave, but it is possible to be ambushed anywhere that is near the proximity of a kobold cave. Like bandits, night creatures and beasts, they roam around.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 01, 2012, 10:29:45 am »

What are the chances of becoming a werebeast if you get bit? I let a WereApe bite me before I killed it. Nope, still a human. ctrl + alt + delete, end process, let it bite me again, nope, still human!

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 01, 2012, 10:53:40 am »

What are the chances of becoming a werebeast if you get bit? I let a WereApe bite me before I killed it. Nope, still a human. ctrl + alt + delete, end process, let it bite me again, nope, still human!

I thought you had to wait until the next full moon for a transformation...
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 02, 2012, 01:58:41 pm »

Any ways of killing bogeymen without having them dodge like they know how to use the flash step and then punch me in my ribs, making me give in to pain and letting them kill me?

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 02, 2012, 02:14:24 pm »

Any ways of killing bogeymen without having them dodge like they know how to use the flash step and then punch me in my ribs, making me give in to pain and letting them kill me?
If you have to fight them, I recommend biting and shaking.

Relevant: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=76401.0
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 328