Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639579 times)

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #630 on: February 24, 2012, 10:42:02 am »

how do i shoot my bow?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 24, 2012, 10:42:36 am »

how do i shoot my bow?

make sure to have nothing else in your hands and then press f

you're better off just using t to throw things, ranged attacks are broken

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 24, 2012, 10:44:14 am »

Which would be better, a masterful copper helmet or a finely crafted bronze helm?

I know the masterful gets x2 deflection, but I don't know how much worse copper is than bronze for that to be worse, equal, or better overall.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 24, 2012, 10:59:22 am »

Where can I buy/find a backpack? They don't seem to be available in shops anymore...

keeps, dungeons and sewers have a lot of random stuff. Bandit camps and lairs as well.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

cube

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 24, 2012, 11:39:43 am »

when I fight some monsters I cant see the combat reports at all. Is this a bug or wtf. The game is not fun if I cant see what is going on. Or can I read them after. Little help pleas.

Ok my problem was in the ironhead mod I think downloaded the vanilla version agen and it worked fine

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 24, 2012, 12:08:57 pm »

Which would be better, a masterful copper helmet or a finely crafted bronze helm?

I know the masterful gets x2 deflection, but I don't know how much worse copper is than bronze for that to be worse, equal, or better overall.

I don't know about adventure mode, but I assume the mechanics are the same for fortress mode.  In that case, it depends on what you're going up against frequently.  If you're facing bronze or better weapons frequently, then a bronze helmet will probably be better than a copper one because bronze weapons will get caught by the copper helmet but frequently penetrate it anyway.

speaking of wounds, my adv has since some grouphugging with kobolds a severed motor nerve in one leg and is now unable to stand and "Motor nerve damage". the leg is otherwise still intact, will this heal anytime soon? (I already slept/travelled)
If not, im gonna crutchwalk legendary and will eventually become a werebeast i think, crutches suck. Speaking of werebeasts, is there any way to identfy the species of the wereform while the beast is in peasant form? last fullmoon, i encountered some werepandas, which i found pretty lovely and sweet but not really werebeast-badass. by the way, does weight/size change depending on the werebeast? im thinking of weremammoth compared to werechicken or something...

Assuming the mechanics are the same as fort mode (and I'm pretty sure they are), then motor nerve damage isn't going to heal.  I don't think fast travel fixes things that don't have a chance of healing naturally.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Antonater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 24, 2012, 12:09:40 pm »

are mummy's curses permanent? (they seem to be)
is there anything you can do to not get a curse?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:19:26 pm by Antonater »

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 24, 2012, 12:57:05 pm »

what shop type sells containers like backpacks waterskins and quivers? mostly the backpacks, i'm in need of another my old one is full of severed heads and like 214 zombie bodys, i cant carry it with me everywhere cus it drops my speed to 190.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 24, 2012, 01:29:48 pm »

@Antonater

Mummy's curses are said to be permanent. Get the mummy to focus on a companion and hope he curses him first.

@Xotano

One world I made literally had no backpacks. Like, I decided to savescum until I found a backpack but no lairs or sewers or dungeons or keeps had them. I had generated a human outsider so this was especially frustrating.

My new world with a new guy has found like 6 of them.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 24, 2012, 02:39:18 pm »

what shop type sells containers like backpacks waterskins and quivers? mostly the backpacks, i'm in need of another my old one is full of severed heads and like 214 zombie bodys, i cant carry it with me everywhere cus it drops my speed to 190.

this question is asked over and over again

you could get lucky at a general shop, but your best bet is the keep of a fort or town, catacombs, dungeons and bandit camps
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 24, 2012, 06:39:52 pm »

I became a necromancer and the nearby town became an enemy to me. I didn't attack them or stole from them. They just automaticly attacked me when I returned to the town.

Practically every settlement is my enemy. Is it normal?

Edit:Okay, I guess it is.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:56:34 pm by Leatra »

Eurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 24, 2012, 07:24:05 pm »

I'm wandering around some tomb(?) under this city, and in one room there's like 20+ dwarven soldiers who attacked me immediately. Are they supposed to be guards or something, or is this a weird thing?

EDIT:

Okay so, I killed enough to avoid death, but ended up taking too much damage to storm the main room they're all in. So I decided to back off to heal and return after, upon going back to the surface entrance I see this...

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:39:23 pm by Eurus »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 24, 2012, 10:26:20 pm »

I drank some vampire blood, but I don't seem to be able to drink sleeping people's blood now?  Did I miss my opportunity on that?

If I did, I still have the vampire corpses which have blood splatters on them, but I can't work out how to actually get at and drink those splatters (licking doesn't work).  Any suggestions?

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 25, 2012, 03:44:41 am »

One question, why can't I find Dwarves when they're indicated in mountainous regions? The directions shows (***) upon arriving near them. I'll appreciate an answer if anyone knows~
My post ends here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 25, 2012, 03:46:05 am »

Dwarven settlements aren't in the game at all.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 328