Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639513 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #555 on: September 07, 2011, 05:57:20 am »

i'v held a sword with both hands but it was cus i grabed the weapon with an empty hand even tho it was in my other hand cus it was stabbed into a mob. almost the same thing. also that attack roll reduction puts the two handed weapons below the best one handed weapons.

dont think the grabbing actually counted as multigrasp as it just said i was holding a steel longsword in my right hand and a steel longsword in me left instead of just saying multigrasp on it
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 07, 2011, 12:26:45 pm »

Can you actually multigrasp two handers? if so how? I tried with a halberd but when I pick it up it just gets held by one hand, even when both hands are free when grabbing it

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 07, 2011, 01:04:00 pm »

it should do it automatically, travel and move a space and re enter, your off hand has to be empty as well
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 10, 2011, 11:12:08 pm »

Press g.
"What would you like to pick up?"
a- ignite strawberries (S)
b- ignite Acacia (NW)

Well I would like some strawberries. That sounds delicious!
Press b.
Watch in horror as ground catches on fire.

I thought 'g' was pick things up or "Get"? What's happening. Everytime I press G there is a choice to ignite something.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 10, 2011, 11:28:43 pm »

While it IS the key to pick things up, that's only when there's something under you to pick up. If there are trees or shrubs in adjacent tiles, then you'll also get the option to ignite them. Currently, it's not possible to cut trees or gather shrubs in adventure mode.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 11, 2011, 12:10:34 am »

Hmmm.... Doesn't look like these strawberries are ripe enough.
I guess I'll have to burn them.

insert insanity wolf's visage here

TheFlummox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 11, 2011, 07:06:26 am »

I'm trying to build a dungeon for Adventure mode in Fortress mode, and I'm curious: can I lock a goblin in a room and have it stay there in Adventure mode, or will it get scattered about? How about caged animals, do they remain in place? Will levers reset? Will lead bins really ensure that the goods inside of them remain in place? I know traps don't work on adventurers, but how about pressure plates?

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 11, 2011, 03:57:44 pm »

I'll be playing again as soon I get everything downloaded and remember what the bloody heck I'm doing, but before I start there was one thing I was interested in.

If I play on a standard generated world with no previous DF-mode fortresses or anything, what sort of items will I be able to find? Will I be limited to stealing crappy copper stuff off people, or can clownite items or similar be found? Should I create a fortress first, stuff it full of loot, then abandon it and hope I can find it in adventurer mode? If I was doing that, is there any way I can get dwarfs to make non-dwarf-sized armour that will actually fit?

TheFlummox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 11, 2011, 05:08:16 pm »

Is there any way I can get dwarfs to make non-dwarf-sized armour that will actually fit?

You can edit in large size armour and clothing in the raws. Should be a modding guide around on either the Fortress or Gameplay forums. I'm considering doing the same thing so I can build an adventurer's dungeon and stuff it full of goodies.

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 12, 2011, 02:42:31 pm »

So I found a bunch of wool and leather clothes plus an iron cap. Told my adventurer to wear them using W. Now when I go into battle and choose to target an enemy, I get the option to strike with about 30 articles of clothing. What?

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 12, 2011, 07:51:32 pm »

So I found a bunch of wool and leather clothes plus an iron cap. Told my adventurer to wear them using W. Now when I go into battle and choose to target an enemy, I get the option to strike with about 30 articles of clothing. What?

did you by any chance removed old clothing to put the new ones on? because the remove command will put the items you remove on your hands, that's why you get the option to use them in combat.

Just drop any items you have in any of your hands that is not a shield or weapon, or use the (p)ut away command.

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 12, 2011, 09:19:57 pm »

did you by any chance removed old clothing to put the new ones on? because the remove command will put the items you remove on your hands, that's why you get the option to use them in combat. Just drop any items you have in any of your hands that is not a shield or weapon, or use the (p)ut away command.
I thought you could wear multiple hand, head, chest and leg/feet articles at once? Like cloth mittens under leather gloves, a wool cap under an iron cap, etc?
So I have to drop everything I wear first, then put on what I want to wear (after taking it from my bag) and then pick up the old stuff? If I remove it from my bag, any item is automatically in my hands?

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 16, 2011, 03:15:43 pm »

What might be that?

(I was killing a night creature, thought it was it, but when i killed the night creature, it still came on my screen.)
Nvm, It was a minotaur, as i had an unprepared adventurer, I managed to trap it on a dry murky pool, and then i proceeded to punish it to death.
Lucky me!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:26:44 pm by Darion »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 02, 2011, 10:41:34 am »

Question:

I never seem to get warlords, kings, or other leaders, only demonic law givers in fortresses ( human ).  This is vanilla, and my world gen usually only lasts about 10 years.  Will increasing it allow more leaders? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 04, 2011, 07:42:06 pm »

well i didnt get an answer so i took to testing it, took 10 dwarfs wielding two handed swords with iron helms in there hands and 10 without iron helms in there hands and the ones without the iron helms ALWAYS won mostly unscathed, did it like 3 times

Have you considered the possibility that the dwarves with the helms were trying to use the helms to attack?  That would make a considerable difference.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 328