Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639497 times)

sgt0pimienta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #525 on: August 02, 2011, 05:16:52 pm »

I cant exactly figure out how to jump off a cliff, or in general. Itd also help if i knew how to fly with characters who have the ability too.
alt+move allows you to jump over cliffs and such, with flying adventurers you should use < to fly up.

what do you mean flying adventurers?
hacked ones?
By:
Bdthemag

Great, now thanks to Bay12 im going to go out and buy an old journal just to write occult information in it and pretend to be insane.[quote

sgt0pimienta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 02, 2011, 05:21:29 pm »

i got tons of litlle questions:

Increasing my wrestler skill will make my meneuvers hit more often?

What is better? Elf,one hand free one sword (for extra wrestling and disarming) or Elf,shield and sword (for extra protection,take in count i set my char to doge more often)

Any tips on handling the FUN?because i got tons of FUN,just basic tips n tricks (know what im sayin?)

How do i handle two monster brides (one says "DARK monster bride"),a dark monster and a litlle demon monster child with a force of 2 axemen,2 crossbowmen a swordsman,a pikeman and me,a human,what would you do? because they pawned us.
By:
Bdthemag

Great, now thanks to Bay12 im going to go out and buy an old journal just to write occult information in it and pretend to be insane.[quote

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 02, 2011, 09:19:31 pm »

I cant exactly figure out how to jump off a cliff, or in general. Itd also help if i knew how to fly with characters who have the ability too.
alt+move allows you to jump over cliffs and such, with flying adventurers you should use < to fly up.

what do you mean flying adventurers?
hacked ones?

No, not hacked. Modded. HUGE difference.

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 03, 2011, 02:32:28 pm »

Got a question about training stats. I know that increasing certain skills increases your stats. Suppose I train up to a Legendary swordsman (also Legendary fighter, shield, dodge and wrestler) and get my strength up to "superior". Can I advance it further to "superhuman" by training up another weapon skill? Also, do stats go above "superhuman" (kinda like skills go to "Legendary +#")?

onarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 03, 2011, 02:41:17 pm »

i got tons of litlle questions:

Increasing my wrestler skill will make my meneuvers hit more often?

What is better? Elf,one hand free one sword (for extra wrestling and disarming) or Elf,shield and sword (for extra protection,take in count i set my char to doge more often)

Any tips on handling the FUN?because i got tons of FUN,just basic tips n tricks (know what im sayin?)

How do i handle two monster brides (one says "DARK monster bride"),a dark monster and a litlle demon monster child with a force of 2 axemen,2 crossbowmen a swordsman,a pikeman and me,a human,what would you do? because they pawned us.

yes I believe increasing wrestling will make the grapples work more often, but not on enemies bigger or stronger than you.

personally I think the benefits of having a shield at all times are far greater than being able to disarm.

I would recommend you train ambusher, which is pretty simple just walk back and forth while sneaking for 20 minutes or so, I already killed dragons, 20+ bandits in camps and titans without being spotted at all, also wrestling really helps with the ability to choke people/ break limbs.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 03, 2011, 08:46:02 pm »

I'm using modded in guns. I got a musket but no bullets to fire. What gives?

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 04, 2011, 05:43:15 am »

What are the criteria for someone to drop their weapon/fall over?
I know that nervous damage is one.
What about wrestle-breaking the bones of the hand/foot? Lower/upper leg/arm?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 04, 2011, 07:11:42 am »

Falling over may happen for many reasons - chopping off or significantly damaging someone's foot or leg, successful wrestling, tackling, fainting in pain...

Losing a weapon usually happens because the limb holding the weapon is severed, but may happen for other damage to the limb as well, and maybe central nerval damage like spine hits. You can also use wrestling to disarm your enemies.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Gilihad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 03, 2011, 12:16:13 am »

I was wondering how to train swimming and actually survive afterward.

I have novice swimming skill, but I can't seem to find any place to enter a river or pool on the same Z-level as me. I would have to jump in. How would I get out? Do places with ramps next to rivers actually exist, or are they just a myth that people tell young adventurers so that they drown?
吴钧非君也非臣也非小人也不善不恶欲无道无名

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 03, 2011, 12:16:58 am »

I would suggest putting 2 points in swimming at the start.
Otherwise look for an ocean, they tend to have beaches.
*Hugs*

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 03, 2011, 09:52:50 am »

I would suggest putting 2 points in swimming at the start.
Otherwise look for an ocean, they tend to have beaches.
Lakes are a much better candidate. They have ramps on almost all edges.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 03, 2011, 12:27:49 pm »

why are all adventurers left handed, i always start with a shield on right and a weapon on left.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

GloriousImp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 03, 2011, 12:53:01 pm »

Some are right handed.

It's randomly determined and apparently the algorithm favours the left hand as the main one.

Hopefully we will soon be able to design out adventurer's traits on creation so this won't be a problem anymore.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 03, 2011, 01:00:06 pm »

hmm its backwards then, i thought -25% were left handed irl
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

GloriousImp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 03, 2011, 01:26:23 pm »

Yep, it is backwards.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 328