Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639785 times)

DarbyMcB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #960 on: October 19, 2012, 02:52:48 pm »

How do you get prisoners?

Tal[k] to them just like anyone else, ask them to join, and if you already have your number of companions capped, they will still join.

HOWEVER, it appears that if you have a limit of 3, then have 2 prisoners on top of that, when you do a quest that makes your cap higher (say 4), one of the prisoners takes up that 4th slot, so you wont be able to hire a new soldier (lame). So be careful, especially since they're almost useless.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 19, 2012, 02:58:34 pm »

They make pretty red sparkles in a river...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

DarbyMcB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 19, 2012, 04:47:39 pm »

Crap, so the area where I spawned is frozen 2/3s of the time, which means I'm permanently dehydrated. all the water is always frozen, except at 1 interval during the day. Is there anyway to heat water or something like that so I can drink it at night?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 19, 2012, 04:58:46 pm »

g - make campfire.
i - interact water(ice,snow) with campfire
e - eat water

I like blood on my stuff.  Never freezes.

So, get out there and roll around in your enemies guts!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

DarbyMcB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 20, 2012, 01:11:57 am »

I'm in a desert region with nothing around.... but thanks for the firepit tip

Nukarama

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: adorable stupidity]
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 21, 2012, 04:41:39 pm »

Mountain halls? I am on top of one right now, and I can't seem to find an entrance. Is there a way in or I am about to be killed by Boogeymen?
And when the site infiltration feature is done, we can do that thing where two short people disguise themselves as one tall guy in a trenchcoat. Except the two people in question will be halves of the same person.
The perfect disguise.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 21, 2012, 04:52:02 pm »

Mountain halls? I am on top of one right now, and I can't seem to find an entrance. Is there a way in or I am about to be killed by Boogeymen?
Killed by bogeyman. Mainly because Mountain Halls are a figment of Dwarven Imagination right now, just like Dark Towers and Forest Retreats.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Nukarama

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: adorable stupidity]
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 21, 2012, 04:55:19 pm »

Killed by bogeyman. Mainly because Mountain Halls are a figment of Dwarven Imagination right now, just like Dark Towers and Forest Retreats.

Drat! On a related note, tips for fighting boogeys?
And when the site infiltration feature is done, we can do that thing where two short people disguise themselves as one tall guy in a trenchcoat. Except the two people in question will be halves of the same person.
The perfect disguise.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 21, 2012, 05:01:09 pm »

Never let them gang up on you, and pray that none of them can outrun you. Fight them one-at-a-time and set attack preference to charge. You'll need at least one skill above professional to win. Probably best it be a defensive skill.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 21, 2012, 06:49:16 pm »

Is it possible to play this game and enjoy it without a 9-key?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 21, 2012, 06:53:54 pm »

You mean a numpad? Yes, kinda. Not being able to move diagonally kinda sucks, but you CAN reroute the controls through the ESC > key bindings menu. If for whatever reason the '9' on your numpad is specifically broken, then you can go every direction except northeast, which isn't that bad...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 21, 2012, 07:40:05 pm »

Yeah, I have a laptop which only has the four direction buttons. It's always kept me from trying out adventure mode; I understand the ability to move diagonally is pretty important.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 21, 2012, 08:18:25 pm »

I'd just remap it to this:

789      qwe
456  >  asd
123      zxc

Then you just got to figure out where to map the functions that those keys may have needed to.
I make Spellcrafts!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 23, 2012, 06:36:06 am »

Is it possible to add ADVENTURE_TIER and INDIV_CONTROLLABLE tokens to races and use them without starting a new world? I want to make a Giant Cave Spider adventurer to kill the hell out of some bandits that have been pissing me off.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 23, 2012, 07:25:03 am »

adding it to entity default with the [CREATURE:creaturesnamehere] Will allow it to be used in adventure mode
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 328