Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639634 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #765 on: June 15, 2012, 10:27:13 pm »

You need to find the vampire yourself.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #766 on: June 15, 2012, 10:49:42 pm »

...what does that mean? As I said there does not appear to be any creatures or structures at the indicated area. I'm pretty sure there isn't even any habitation within at least half a dozen fast travel squares.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 15, 2012, 10:53:29 pm »

...what does that mean? As I said there does not appear to be any creatures or structures at the indicated area. I'm pretty sure there isn't even any habitation within at least half a dozen fast travel squares.

That means the vampire is in the CITY your in. Not the area. The **** lets you know your in the right city. Now you gotta go and ask every single person until you find a name that matches.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 16, 2012, 04:42:15 am »

That means the vampire is in the CITY your in. Not the area. The **** lets you know your in the right city. Now you gotta go and ask every single person until you find a name that matches.
Well, it's not that bad. If you ask any of the townsfolk of the hamlet about Service, they'll ask you to kill the vampire and tell you in which direction his house is. Also, if you know the general direction, you don't have to ask everybody for their names. You can identify the vampire easily because he is blinking.

And if you ever get a quest to kill a vampire in a city, look in the keep. They are almost always the law-givers.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Xheia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 16, 2012, 11:32:50 pm »

Few questions:
Can adventurers do anything with tools (e.g. mortar and pestle, ladle, etc.) [For that matter, do dwarves use them in fortress mode?] [Obviously, the stabby ones are useful in adventure mode]

I've found that the interact menu is used for filling up containers with liquids/powders, heating things, and interacting with grabbed/stuck items.

Is there any way to put something inside of a piece of furniture such as a cabinet? Or can you only take stuff out?

I had another one but I forgot it...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 16, 2012, 11:58:58 pm »

Also, if I was, say, swimming across the ocean and wanted to repeat a macro a bunch of times, how would I do that? If possible, explain it for and idiot, because that is what I am...when the RNG dictates.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 17, 2012, 03:21:25 am »

Adventurers can't do anything with tools.

Macro repeating is just pressing ctrl+P over and over again

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 17, 2012, 03:41:19 am »

Ah, well...

*presspresspress*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 17, 2012, 04:28:45 am »

Well, it's not that bad. If you ask any of the townsfolk of the hamlet about Service, they'll ask you to kill the vampire and tell you in which direction his house is. Also, if you know the general direction, you don't have to ask everybody for their names. You can identify the vampire easily because he is blinking.

And if you ever get a quest to kill a vampire in a city, look in the keep. They are almost always the law-givers.

If there's a temple, there's a big chance the priest is a vampire, so check those too.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Xheia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 17, 2012, 09:36:24 pm »

Just want to check: Do things dropped in keeps stay in them when you leave and come back again (and if you retire and start a new adventurer)?

Similarly, exactly where do things scatter when you revisit the places, like they do in camps?

Edit: unrelated, but are the items that mummies drop cursed in some way so that you can't pick them up? or is it a bug? (In my experience, I can see them with l, but can't get them.)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:41:32 pm by Xheia »

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #775 on: June 22, 2012, 06:10:08 pm »

Thank you for answering my previous question Coria

I have another one guys: My fav adventurer (27 notable kills) got her lower spine bruised and she can't walk anymore. A few days of sleep healed up the the related cut wounds but the spine is still messed up. Is there anything I can do for her?
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 22, 2012, 06:12:22 pm »

Find a night creature nest and go out in a blaze of glory.

Spinal nerve damage is a death sentence.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #777 on: June 22, 2012, 07:46:41 pm »

Crap. Oh well. Went down back messed up the goblins that crippled me. 11 more notable kills before I went down.

Xheia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 22, 2012, 09:24:08 pm »

Is there any advantage to picking locks or bashing doors? Will one of them wake up a mummy in a tomb, for example?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 23, 2012, 05:18:52 am »

A bashed door can't be closed again. I don't think that mummies can be woken up by noises, but I guess there is no way to find out for sure.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 328