Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639536 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #615 on: February 23, 2012, 01:44:54 pm »

I have an Iron Battleaxe and an -Iron Great Axe-.  I don't want to multigrasp because I feel like my shield is too valuable - so which of the two would be better to use one handed?  So far they've both been performing pretty well so I can't tell, if someone could tell me what the difference between them is that would be great.
You can hold lots of stuff in one hand, just so you know. Pick up what you want, (r)emove them from your backpack and bam, you're holding them. If you don't have a backpack, go with the battleaxe.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 23, 2012, 02:13:17 pm »

Well I can hold them both, I was just wondering which is more effective in combat.  Would holding both in one hand actually provide any benefit?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 23, 2012, 02:20:25 pm »

It'd give you more attack options, and more chance of getting an opportunity attack with a good weapon.
*Hugs*

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 23, 2012, 02:27:44 pm »

That seems kindof silly.  Oh well, sounds fun, thanks.

EDIT: Actually, should I just stack my Bronze Battleaxe in there as well?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:29:15 pm by Leafsnail »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 23, 2012, 02:33:22 pm »

Yeah, the more weapons you have, the better; basically.

*Hugs*

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 23, 2012, 02:36:34 pm »

if you want a good axeman character i'd suggest a halberd.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

vettkinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 23, 2012, 02:49:42 pm »

Questions, comrades:

Is there a way to increase my reading skill from zero? (using an elf outsider)

How much reading skill do I need to read stuff? (Is novice enough?)

I approached a necromancer tower (surrounded by elf encampments) and it lags so bad that I couldn't even approach it. Sadly, i could no longer save the game at this point (i can still load though). Is this a common issue? (note that it's just one specific necro tower, other towers are fine).

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 23, 2012, 03:35:06 pm »

iirc no-one has reported any wayof increasing reading skill. Level needed is novice
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Rayc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 23, 2012, 09:48:36 pm »

So I got hurt.  I came back into town and talked to a surgeon.  He let me stay for the day and told me to kill some thief.  There was, however, no option to ask him to stitch me up. Also, I awoke on his roof, hungry and to full to eat at the same time.  I think the later might be a bug.  Still, how to I go about healing?

cube

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 24, 2012, 06:34:59 am »

when I fight some monsters I cant see the combat reports at all. Is this a bug or wtf. The game is not fun if I cant see what is going on. Or can I read them after. Little help pleas.

Gorgon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 24, 2012, 08:35:45 am »

Where can I buy/find a backpack? They don't seem to be available in shops anymore...

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 24, 2012, 09:04:46 am »

when I fight some monsters I cant see the combat reports at all. Is this a bug or wtf. The game is not fun if I cant see what is going on. Or can I read them after. Little help pleas.
Press a.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

cube

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 24, 2012, 09:12:45 am »

Press a.

tryed that but it displayed only very little things but no combat reports

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 24, 2012, 09:28:53 am »

So I got hurt.  I came back into town and talked to a surgeon.  He let me stay for the day and told me to kill some thief.  There was, however, no option to ask him to stitch me up. Also, I awoke on his roof, hungry and to full to eat at the same time.  I think the later might be a bug.  Still, how to I go about healing?

sleeping and fast traveling heal everything that can be healed and surgeons/doctors/etc. don't do anything yet. The hunger thing is from previous versions where eating was simply for aesthetic purposes and there was a three item limit to what you can eat... i think this needs to be changed, but it is technically not a bug.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 24, 2012, 10:26:00 am »

speaking of wounds, my adv has since some grouphugging with kobolds a severed motor nerve in one leg and is now unable to stand and "Motor nerve damage". the leg is otherwise still intact, will this heal anytime soon? (I already slept/travelled)
If not, im gonna crutchwalk legendary and will eventually become a werebeast i think, crutches suck. Speaking of werebeasts, is there any way to identfy the species of the wereform while the beast is in peasant form? last fullmoon, i encountered some werepandas, which i found pretty lovely and sweet but not really werebeast-badass. by the way, does weight/size change depending on the werebeast? im thinking of weremammoth compared to werechicken or something...

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 328