Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 641417 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3180 on: December 31, 2015, 11:47:07 am »

I complete Quests (or Rumors, as they are apparently called now[?]) by using the "Bring up specific event or rumor" to people in civilizations right? I wasn't sure if I'm doing it right, since my events don't disappear from the list, and it's full of 8 pages of inconsequential stuff revolving around animal attacks and such, so finding the actual important stuff is difficult.

And do I need to say, specifically bring up the death of the Bandit's/Vermin's leader to complete a quest, or does my fame go up for every report of each individual Bandit's death?

Quests have been no longer a thing for DF204 in general, sadly. But your fame will go up accordingly as you mention tales of your exploits. At first only the person you tell it to regards you favorably, but given about a week or two the rumor spreads and affects the fame of other NPCs.

I still wish there was a way to implement DF2012-style quests, or at least a way to track WHICH troubles you have personally decided to resolve.

In addition, it'd be nice if those troubles were better acknowledged when you take the appropriate action to neutralize them.

This leads ME to a question now. In the case of megabeasts (the only trouble event that can be conclusively resolved with just 1 kill), if you kill a megabeast and allow the rumor of its death to spread, will that "this thing exists and is annoying" event eventually disappear from an NPC's troubles list?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: December 31, 2015, 12:13:39 pm »

This leads ME to a question now. In the case of megabeasts (the only trouble event that can be conclusively resolved with just 1 kill), if you kill a megabeast and allow the rumor of its death to spread, will that "this thing exists and is annoying" event eventually disappear from an NPC's troubles list?
sadly no

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: December 31, 2015, 03:19:03 pm »

sadly no

Bollocks. What's the point of a rumor system if you can't use it to bring peace to the world? ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: December 31, 2015, 03:51:08 pm »

sadly no

Bollocks. What's the point of a rumor system if you can't use it to bring peace to the world? ;w;
You're just going to have to do it manually. Name your weapon 'Peace' and deliver it liberally. Things get real peaceful when nothing is moving.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: December 31, 2015, 04:00:18 pm »

You're just going to have to do it manually. Name your weapon 'Peace' and deliver it liberally. Things get real peaceful when nothing is moving.

That rumor spreads quite handily, tales of a derpdragon krumping skulls and takin' teef like an ork. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: December 31, 2015, 07:55:20 pm »

So I took a quest to go after a Troll, went on a long trek through the forest and mountains, being assaulted by legions of Bears and Wolves the whole way through, and I reach the Lair... and its empty. It's not even a big Lair, and it only consists of a single z-layer.

Is my information just out of date, and he moved on to greener kill-pastures, or what?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: January 01, 2016, 12:12:39 am »

Most Night Trolls are night hunters. From the travel map, you can probably see a roving asterisk. You could just hang out in its lair until daybreak, and it'll show it.

Blue_J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: January 01, 2016, 01:00:43 pm »

So, I've been playing adventure mode for a years now, and I realized that I'm unsure of something very basic: When your physical stats say "Superhuman," does that mean that they're actually maxed, or is it just that they're 1000 units higher than the average for your race?

Glatux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: January 01, 2016, 01:03:15 pm »

Is there a way to know your adventurer actual size in adventure mode ?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: January 01, 2016, 01:06:06 pm »

So, I've been playing adventure mode for a years now, and I realized that I'm unsure of something very basic: When your physical stats say "Superhuman," does that mean that they're actually maxed, or is it just that they're 1000 units higher than the average for your race?
The second, so it's relative to race. The absolute difference can be pretty broad.

Blue_J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: January 01, 2016, 03:00:05 pm »

The second, so it's relative to race. The absolute difference can be pretty broad.

Ah. So, this means that there is not an actual in-game way to tell when your stats are maxed, correct? (And lacking a new version of dfhack, there's no out-of-game way either?)

(As you've probably guessed, my current character is looking for a necromancer slab, and I'd like to make sure I'm not screwing myself over when I finally find one.)

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: January 02, 2016, 08:53:13 pm »

Do you have to report quests to people in towns, or will success and fame still rise if I just tell my companions?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: January 03, 2016, 02:24:45 am »

You have to spread the word yourself, and fame doesn't seem to spread beyond a site government. Perhaps it does over a longer time frame, but you won't notice if you don't blow your own horn.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: January 03, 2016, 03:25:07 am »

Fame spreads much better now.

I walked into a room with a dragon deity killing people, took it out, made stuff from the corpse, wrote a poem so people stopped burning/bleeding out, turn and say hello to a survivor.

Then I went to a tavern in a different town and said hello, the tavern keeper was astounded and such when they met me, offers me free room and booze and such, I haven't told anyone what I did, just the survivors/word-of-mouth.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: January 03, 2016, 09:09:05 am »

It's still isolated to the site. If it spreads beyond that at all, it does so very slowly. Even if I tell my stories in the capital where nobles from all around congregate, their home sites still don't know about it when I visit there.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 328