Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 641102 times)

Fishanchips

• Bay Watcher
  • Look! The cliffs of INSANITY!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2895 on: April 11, 2015, 05:19:02 pm »

Well....

I was able to butcher all of the ones I cared to try but, I figured that the sapient being rule in Fortress mode would carry over
and my code of ethics would prevent me from scarfing down whatever I decided to put in my mouth.

Guess not  :P.
http://wiki.ss13.co/images/c/c8/ClownandAlien.jpeg

A screeching clown car pulls up to the safe house!
Circus members pour out of it and start throwing pies at the windows!

Step

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: April 11, 2015, 05:25:54 pm »

I've been eating nothing but roasts for months to see how long it would take to get fat. Anytime I have hunger, I eat a roast as soon as possible, and always keep a supply on hand. I still have 'loaded a tall body with incredible muscles' (I don't know how I got tall, though; I started out average sized, and status still says 'Average-sized for a human'.) but I think now that I'm at physical peak, the fat should start catching up. But I rarely walk below a jogging gait, so that may prevent or slow fattening.
Being muscular eats up alot of calories in itself.
I think Step didnt tell us what kind of exersizes, or the type of strawberries, cause Iv always tried to get obese.
Strawberries dipped in dwarf fat and honey syrup.
Being obese is awesome, its extra armor. Who cares about speed anyway? A fat vampire doesnt need to move
I think I've finally noticed a pattern here. If I eat before doing something important like asking an entire village how do they feel or rooting out a bandit camp too often, I can bust my ass getting over-exerted and will still get fat eventually. However, if I eat 'till my stomach is bursting and then go to fast travel or sleep, it doesn't seem to do anything at all. I've been doing exactly that for a while and my new adventurer is still thin.

I'll do a few more tests to see if that's how it really works, but it looks like Dwarf Fortress teaches us that to stay in shape, you need to eat after 6 PM and on the go.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: April 13, 2015, 05:42:42 pm »

Is it possibly to enliven a town again if it's not entirely dead?

Found a town in which there are three crumbled houses, an empty market, no regular townspeople, some lords/ladies, some priests and some mercenaries.
And three vampires who are responsible for the low life expectancies.
If I slay them, could the town again become a prosper place - growing, expending and inhabited by real people?
Even if this would need some hundred years?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: April 13, 2015, 05:58:27 pm »

Yes, but it will take a while.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: April 13, 2015, 06:33:28 pm »

It doesn't take that long to repopulate, there could be scores of immigrants over the rest of the month. But I have yet to see markets and shops re-open, abandoned houses re-occupied. If you take over a ruin, then the temples immediately re-open, passages under the keep and in the sewer will clear, but that's about the only reconstruction I've seen.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: April 13, 2015, 06:41:53 pm »

Too bad.
Since it's the only town there goes my trade possibility (dwarven and elven sites are a little, well, messed up).

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: April 13, 2015, 07:20:26 pm »

Warehouse. There's always a warehouse in a town, and no one ever guards it. If you claim a ruin, then any catacombs will open up along with the temple, so there's some potential goods there.

EDIT: If it's early in history, there's not likely to be anything down there. Probably not a chance there will be a lawgiver who died peacefully. But there will be bunches of mercenaries with the immigrants, and if you're not able or wiling to recruit them you can still trade them for their stuff.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:25:32 pm by Uzu Bash »

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: April 13, 2015, 08:37:53 pm »

Nope.
Year: 1050
And, as I wrote, there aren't any buildings intact (exception: temple and keep) and the town isn't destroyed. There are some people left and the site is under their control. My intention though isn't to get new stuff. I want to sell it.

I know that I can "trade" with persons but it's something completely different if you just swap a weapon/piece of clothes (most of these I really don't need) or if you're buying lots and lots of gems or selling all the nice loot you got.
There isn't any market in the world alive.
Anarchy?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: April 13, 2015, 09:12:04 pm »

Has anyone seen a portal to hell this version? According to the wiki's description, I should have seen one at the bottom of a slade dark fortress I visited, but the stairs ended in an empty room. Do they not work or was the construction of that one buggy?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: April 13, 2015, 09:13:36 pm »

I seen one. Probably just a bit buggy.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: April 13, 2015, 09:46:55 pm »

It has to be a fort with a demon rather than a new one (so purple instead of grey) with a non-demon master, and sometimes they can spawn without access just like vaults.

Sometimes things just get weird:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is the bottom level of a fortress which has broken connections but for some reason I guess since I revealed before saving I can see down to hell?

Sharpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: April 14, 2015, 03:11:24 pm »

This may sound like a stupid question, but I have reader skill and I have no idea how to read these journals I've found. How do I read them?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: April 14, 2015, 03:13:18 pm »

Open the (I)tem interaction menu, and select the journal.

Sharpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: April 14, 2015, 03:28:09 pm »

It tells me there's nothing to do with it

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: April 14, 2015, 04:03:06 pm »

Are you referring to books?
Then the advanced interface is used but you can't actual "read" a book. There is just a short description.
There is one exception: Necromancy. But that, you will notice.

Or are you using masterwork mod? Then you can't do anything with journals in adventure mode.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 328