Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 640161 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2145 on: August 07, 2014, 08:32:42 pm »

Does claiming a site actually do anything?

If you find a high priest and savagely murder them can you be cursed by a deity in adventure mode?
Bragging rights, taking over the world, free spit.

'S all good.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: August 07, 2014, 10:05:36 pm »

Has anybody found steel in worldgen forts/mountainhomes in DF 2014? The dwarves I visit never have steel for some reason.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: August 07, 2014, 11:37:56 pm »

Whats the significance of kill stats on your weapons description? Does it mean/do anything or just info

Also I killed 4 vampires and everyone tells me "Ha! Such enthusiasm" when I ask them to join. Why no one joins?

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: August 08, 2014, 12:19:06 pm »

I accidentally murdered a human ... I think. Now everybody (human) hates me.

Will it stay that way forever, or can I recover my reputation?
()==[:::::::::::::>

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: August 08, 2014, 08:26:48 pm »

In previous versions such reputation damage would be permanent. You could try, though. Kill all the beasts, resque all the children, punch all the bandits. Tell them all about how wonderful you are, and see if their opinion improves.

I however have been having trouble telling if I'm gaining any renown whatsoever. After killing over 20 bandits, I still can't get any more than two followers. Is the "bring up specific incident or rumor" menu not the way to properly report your escapades and gain renown?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: August 08, 2014, 09:00:57 pm »

Without an actual display of the reputation, it's pretty hard to tell what's going on in the current version.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: August 08, 2014, 09:17:57 pm »

I tried throwing a bandit's skull at somebody once to try proving I killed it.

It instead initiated combat with them.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: August 09, 2014, 12:44:17 am »

I tried throwing a bandit's skull at somebody once to try proving I killed it.

It instead initiated combat with them.

Did the skull hit the person? I've thrown a skull in the general direction of someone without hitting them and not initiating combat.

I threw a skull at a merchant once who was calling me a murderer for whatever reason, which caused the rest of the merchants to go >:( and get mad at me and had a mob chasing after me. When I yielded, they stopped, and I guess still glared angrily at me, though when I flashed my weapons out, they got mad again.

YvAd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: August 09, 2014, 01:53:27 am »

Will "ability to grasp somewhat impaired" ever go away? I jumped off the edge of a dark fortress into the big pit and pulped my hand. I haven't fast traveled since, but when i do, will that heal?
In the newest version, vampires deny being vampires. Try face-stabbing instead.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: August 09, 2014, 05:49:00 am »

I've visited about three dwarven trading outposts, NO BOOZE! What sort of a dwarven civilization is this?
()==[:::::::::::::>

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: August 09, 2014, 09:15:56 am »

Will "ability to grasp somewhat impaired" ever go away? I jumped off the edge of a dark fortress into the big pit and pulped my hand. I haven't fast traveled since, but when i do, will that heal?

Yeah fast travel should heal that. I once had an adventurer somehow get his neck pulped and the spinal cord pulped, but was still able to breathe and move limbs, the upper spine still showed as blue after fast travel.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: August 10, 2014, 07:11:13 am »

I've visited about three dwarven trading outposts, NO BOOZE! What sort of a dwarven civilization is this?

Isn't it obvious? They drunk it all! At best, they're hiding it for themselves.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

CzarSquid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: August 11, 2014, 12:52:59 am »

I'm a bit confused with the questing in 40.x. I can navigate the menus, talk to people and find out the things troubling a city. I travel to the locations they mention through the quick travel but I can't seem to find the objective. I get to the general area but not sure exactly where to go on the main map. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to make finding your target easier or am I to just wander around the map until I bump into the creatures by accident?

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: August 11, 2014, 05:53:21 am »

there is a compass thing in the top left that shows the nearest sites. use that to pinpoint its location
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: August 13, 2014, 10:11:15 am »

Does parrying and blocking have different effects? Which skill affects parrying?
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 328