Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 640845 times)

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1680 on: February 08, 2014, 08:42:06 pm »

Well I have been trying to use it against enemies and once I get the message that they have been hit without blocking i check their status and I find they have suffered no damage

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: February 08, 2014, 08:46:52 pm »

Well I have been trying to use it against enemies and once I get the message that they have been hit without blocking i check their status and I find they have suffered no damage

Check their inventory to see if anything they are wearing has been set on fire. It actually takes quite a while for something to melt to death.

Though as an adult dragon, you are one of the largest creatures in the game, so simply ripping the enemy to shreds would work quite well too. Especially biting, since then you are liable to rip limbs right off of an opponent.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: February 08, 2014, 08:57:34 pm »

Oh wait I see the problem now. My LNP had temperature set to no!

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: February 08, 2014, 09:00:09 pm »

Yeah now its working, I just gave heavy bleeding a bogeyman, so alls right in the world :D

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • This is the link to my stream. Don't click it :^).
« Reply #1684 on: February 09, 2014, 05:37:28 am »

Thanks, it works, but then how do I eat? I cannot butcher the animals I kill and apparently dragons can't eat unbutchered animals...

Also the dragonfire is surprising weak, is it based on a skill in the adventurer create screen or just bugged?

You will be unable to eat unfortunately. Dragons cannot grasp items, and an edged weapon or tool is needed for butchering in adventure mode. You could always add [NO_EAT] to dragons so that you do not have to worry about food.

Interactions do not use a skill. How is dragonfire weak? Are your targets just not melting quick enough? If you are hoping to start a wildfire, you won't be able to because dragonfire is hot enough to completely disintegrate grass and plants.

Where do I add that [NO_EAT]?
Apparently as a streamer I must be a sell out. So I'm selling myself here; I do streams.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: February 09, 2014, 09:15:32 am »

raw folder
creature_standard.txt

search for dragon
add under.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: February 11, 2014, 03:12:53 pm »

Playing as a snake person seems interesting thanks to the poison bite. I'm trying to find the area where I would place the [UPPERBODY] tag to allow armor and backpacks to be worn

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: February 11, 2014, 03:18:25 pm »

Playing as a snake person seems interesting thanks to the poison bite. I'm trying to find the area where I would place the [UPPERBODY] tag to allow armor and backpacks to be worn

So what is your question?

Serpent people already have upper and lower bodies to wear armor and pants, they just don't have legs. Instead they have a tail that they stand on. You can wear a shoe on the tail.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: February 11, 2014, 03:20:19 pm »

Hmm, looking at the stats Im guessing they can only wear small items? Because I can use a quiver but not a human breastplate

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: February 11, 2014, 03:22:26 pm »

Hmm, looking at the stats Im guessing they can only wear small items? Because I can use a quiver but not a human breastplate

Serpent people are even smaller than dwarves. You won't find any equipment that fits unless you find some way to make it yourself.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: February 11, 2014, 10:33:03 pm »

Serpent people are even smaller than dwarves. You won't find any equipment that fits unless you find some way to make it yourself.
Yeah, I ended up going screw it and stuck black Mamba people in the mountain civilization so I do spend 30 mins looking for a backpack and clothes. Interestingly I now start off with trousers! That must look funny, but it gives ever so slight protection

RegalStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: February 12, 2014, 04:38:14 pm »

Is it just me or are catacombs and temples sometimes screwed up? I got two "kill someone in catacombs" quest; the first one lives in a catacombs below a cathedral which had no entrance (well, using reveal in dfhack does yield an entrance... right into solid wall), while the second one lives in a catacombs below a temple with only a hole as an access point, and the temple itself also only has the ground floor accessible because for some reason the up ramp is not working.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: February 12, 2014, 05:40:59 pm »

Catacombs and sewers and stuff can be kinda screwy sometimes, yeah. Generally any quests I get that involve the sewers I just immediately ignore because I usually can't swim up the 7/7 water filled pipe that just so happens to always be the only entrance (and exit) into the local town's sewers. I could beocme a vampire so I don't need to breathe and then go do the quest, but naaah. Pure blood necromancer master race represent!

Anyway, catacombs seem to have more reliable access than sewers though. I guess you just lucked out with that catacombs entrance.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: February 12, 2014, 06:11:05 pm »

All of the underground areas tend to be unrealistically hard to get around but they have lots of good loot. Come to think of it, isnt it unusual for a medieval fantasy town to have working sewers?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: February 12, 2014, 06:42:29 pm »

Thou hast a point-est, sire.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 328