Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639853 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1050 on: December 30, 2012, 07:55:18 pm »

In teh keep?

books and slabs probably end up in the tombs or by their masters.  Both are really most associated with undeath (necros making a load of books and slab used for tombs/mummies).

whereever they end up, I'd check the churches/keeps/dungeons.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 01, 2013, 04:35:24 pm »

Nope. Searched thoroughly in the keep and couldn't find the slab there. I did find some books though. Gave up after a quick search through the catacombs and dungeon.

On the bright side, I don't really have a need to look anymore. The local priest used a (modded) spell to transform my adventurer into a toad, which consequentially healed his wounds. All according to plan!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 05:28:20 pm by ShinQuickMan »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 06, 2013, 03:51:06 pm »

On the bright side, I don't really have a need to look anymore. The local priest used a (modded) spell to transform my adventurer into a toad, which consequentially healed his wounds. All according to plan!
My question is WHERE CAN I FIND THAT MOD!?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 07, 2013, 10:09:02 pm »

Ehehehe... I just cobbled up my own hack-job of a mod to do that. Sorry, I have no intention of releasing it. :-[

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 08, 2013, 03:47:12 pm »

I am a lazy person so blame me if this is already been answered seventy times. But how do you multigrasp a weapon?
Unf.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 08, 2013, 05:17:13 pm »

Drop everything that you're holding in your hands, then pick up the weapon.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 08, 2013, 05:23:59 pm »

Drop everything that you're holding in your hands, then pick up the weapon.
Thanks.
Unf.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 09, 2013, 12:11:58 pm »

I've played Fortress Modes extensively, and this is my first time playing Adventure Mode.  After writing several brief entries into the history, which always ended in Fun, I've gotten the hang of things.  My most recent goblin fodder only has 18 notable kills and two completed quests.  While goofing around, I found she's able to recruit 16 companions instead of the usual three.
Have I stumbled on a bug, and what exactly contributes to fame other than social awareness and quest reports?  I can't seem to find details through Google, the bug log or in the Wiki.
It may be unrelated, but her first recruits suddenly un-recruited themselve's while she passed through a door, and had to be recruited again.  They now have the reported double listing bug.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 09, 2013, 12:58:35 pm »

You gain fame by killing enemies of your civilization. The more famous you are, the more recruits will join your group.

Quests are a convenient way of pointing you to a challenge, but you don't need to have a quest to report a kill. So, if you killed many wanted criminals, the size of your group would be appropriate.

But still, 16 followers for 18 kills seems off. Did you kill groups of night creatures, bandit bosses or vampires? You'll earn fame for these, but not for bandit or goblin henchmen.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 09, 2013, 03:31:19 pm »

and difficulty level.  erm, peasant, hero, or demigod starts.  Does toady plan to expand fame levels?  other games have that now.  and infamy, etc?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 09, 2013, 06:45:52 pm »

My player is Demigod(DF2012).  I'm using the DFWiki quickstart settings with points removed from craft and music to increase observer by one level.  All her skills are now at least Novice, with crutch-walker being Legendary because I hadn't figured out the crutch bug yet, ambusher being Master, and swimmer being Expert.  Nothing was power leveled except those three.  Do skills affect fame? :/
Two of the notable kills were questable, but left unreported as I didn't want my fame going up so early(lol) and getting out-leveled quests.  My elf was poking around in a sewer after bowling with chimps on the savanna.  She stumbled upon a lone naked Troll that the archer companion put to critical and we quickly finished off, and later a human Boss with his merry band of six dorfs.  In addition, one notable kill was a Giant Wolverine in a lair I found while fast traveling.  I didn't consider it overly notable because she got first strike and lopped it's head off first hit (flook?).
I'm going to play her from the last save and keep the group to four to avoid the oversized golblin ambushes, as she's still trotting around in cloth only, and I'll accept a few quests to see if they're now out-leveled.
I have a copy of this world, so I can try to reproduce this if needed.
thnx

edit: I'm using an un-modded copy of DF2012 for adventure mode
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 06:52:16 pm by Lida_Brainbroken »
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 09, 2013, 10:45:07 pm »

I loaded the previous save and let a Giant Sponge kill my party, and  I can only recruit 7 companions now.  I suspect it may have had something to do with some of my party having two and three entries in the companions list.  Unfortunately, I saved over my old save and now I can't try to reproduce it.  -_-

I'm still unclear with what specific factors increase fame, though.  Will recruiting/rescuing a goblin prisoner increase fame, or perhaps gain favor with the local goblins?  Does killing a non-quest named beast?  Will fame increase even if you don't "report" it?
Maybe this should be added to the DFWiki.  IIRC, it only states Social Awareness affects fame with no mention of quests (or named beasts).

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 10, 2013, 08:16:30 am »

I played adventurer mode for the first time and after just a few hours FPS dropped to unplayable level and I was barely able to move once per 5 seconds. Is this normal? I can run a 5 year fort with 100 citizens at 50 FPS just fine and didn't expect adventurer mode to die of FPS death. I use 34.11, dfhack (indispensable for restocking ammo for companions) and Fallout Equestria mod.

Oh and what's the use for sharpened rocks? I made 11 and threw them at my enemies and sometimes they broke bones, but mostly they were just slowing me down at 5 kg a piece.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:19:39 am by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 10, 2013, 10:57:59 am »

Edit: oops, wrong topic. This should have gone under "What's going on in your adventure?" Any way to shift or delete it? If not, please ignore.
###

After visiting one of my old forts, i got about half a dozen followers of my own kind. They were all civilians, so still wore out pretty quick, although they delivered some heavy stomping when i foolishly decided to stay for the night in a savage desert and was accosted by giant scorpions. Made it back to human civs, i.e. a fresh supply of followers.

For some reason i ran into occasion nemesis load failure crashes of late and ended up saving after every single day to avoid losing too much progress. Save-scummed twice to get out of ambushes (of enemies i had already vanquished before running into load nemesis) - one a legendary hammergobbo who was completely unhittable in melee, another a kobold archer who scored a good hit and removed my shield as one of its first moves. As i said, since i had already beat or escaped the very same enemies but lost progress to crashes it felt like they savescummed to get me...

Received a doable quest from a castle for a change - a roc (instead of a dragon or vampire). I ended up hurling clay at it until it suffocated from two demolished lungs and made my way to the nearest human hamlet. I think i'll just retire this world; the nemesis bug seems to be quite persistent, so it would likely keep hitting me in this world. Bit of a shame really, but it was good fun while it lasted.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 11:09:52 am by Larix »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 11, 2013, 01:06:57 pm »

Right so.... after dying around 10 times or so I started up another character and got a quest to slay the local evil vampire. I go to where TSK is at but there is nothing here much less a vampire. I tried looking for a small cave or something (since on my old characters vampires like small caves) but there's none around.

So either the game bugged out or the vamp is really far underground. Atleast my guess. Any of you guys have any idea whats going on?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 328