Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Favourite Adventure Mode Moments  (Read 4376 times)

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
  • The High King of Moaning Maidens
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Adventure Mode Moments
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 07:32:46 pm »

On a recent Adventure I was sent to kill a Balor. I recruited like 7 guys to back me up/take most of the Balor's flames for me. I had to go around this great sea to get there and it took days of in game time. As I traveled my companions kept getting picked off by ambushes until finally it was just me left. I approached the Balor's lair slowly. Knowing that I would most likely die in this fight. He saw me, and charged after me I charged as well and met him aiming and stabbing him in the head. Shattering his Soulstone (my best guess is that it's similar to a brain) and killing him in one hit.

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 07:52:59 pm »

SUPER EPIC!

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 12:29:37 am »

My epic, epic fight with Lelgo Fortunebrands the Flickering Glow. This was a big honking dragon with no less than five demons under its belt. Needless to say I was terrified, but the battle itself was easily the most fun I've had in adventure mode. My spearman buddy went down, but I went into a sword vs flame duel for a good twenty minutes. In the end my adventurer was battered to hell, but the RNG smiled upon her and a lucky swing took the damn thing's head off. It was a seriously dramatic moment.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 12:42:48 am »

Urist McBrightMetal skipped to a bandit hideout, and was then waylaid by a single arrow to his foot. The bandits then grouped around me and punched me to death.
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 01:22:29 pm »

The first time I found out I was ready to fight bogeymen. Up to then, nothing scared me like they did. I stumbled across one and cut it in half unintentionally while running for my life. When I was close to a door I rechecked announcements to be sure I wasn't mistaken about that, then went back, rounded them all up and took them down with a bronze pick. Pretty little headshots.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 03:32:17 pm »

I got tasked to kill the Moaning Monster Spouse.
Unfortunately, the spouse hadn't moved out of the original night creature's lair so I promptly got my butt wrecked by the moaning monster, his wife, and his kid.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 06:07:13 pm »

Just walking into a human town when everybody attacks me. I kill them all and a warlord calls me out to battle. I knock him unconscious and bite off his testicles. I then use his testicles to beat him up. I also get bronze armor! ;)

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 07:17:59 pm »

On my not-so-recent trip to Hell, I was battling demons at the edge of a glowing pit. I dispatched three with ease and stepped away from the lip, until a charging Antlion Spawn emerged from the darkness. It batted me down like a toy. I tried to stand up, and got batted down again. This happened a third time and put me right on the edge of the glowing pit. I knew if I stood up, I would be knocked into the pit, so I gambled with my life and took my only possession, a copper dagger, and flung it. The dagger struck true, deep into the chest of the demon. I retrieved it, and went to sleep. I woke up on the forest floor, near a town; had it been a dream? I still don't know.

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 07:44:17 pm »

I died quite literally a week before retirement, to name a trope. My adventurer The Muscular Merchant of Decisions had killed many, many monsters, lost many friends, and was ready to settle down. Unfortunately, just before he did so, he was given a task by the town he was going to settle in's leader. To kill a titan. Unfortunately, having killed any who stood before him before, he became proud and went alone. He traveled many miles to the north, on an uninhabited peninsula. He entered the monster's shrine, a stone temple with skeletons and treasure strewn about. The adventurer entered stealth mode until he saw the titan at the crest of a hill. A huge serpent with purple, narrow, long feathers. It had green scales, and poison dripped from it's enormous maw. Large, muscular mandibles sprouted from the corners of it's mouth. The beast was terrifying. But, having the utmost confidence in his abilities, he threw his dagger at the beast. He had misjudged the beast. The dagger bounced off the creature's scales, and alerted it to his presence. It spun around, slithered towards him and struck all in a couple heartbeats. It struck five more times, stunning the dwarf and knocking him backwards down the slope of the hill. He swung his axe at the monster, cutting apart it's scale, but only his scale. Throughout the land, the dwarf was known for his combat skills, his ability to block most forefront. But this serpent was a being only a god could hope to hurt. It bit him upon his leg, and flung him twelve meters to the north. He just barely missed smashing into a large birch tree. He attempted to stand, but realized his upper left leg was broken. The beast was upon him again. He fought with all his might, but all his might was not enough. The titan bashed it's great teeth against his shield, and wrenched it from his grip. He slashed at the beast once more, glinting off of the scales of it's head, before the monster closed it's mouth around his head. He knew no more.

And that is how I lost my favorite adventurer.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 09:50:10 pm »

Favorite recent moment was when a cripple giantess grabbed me by the tooth and threw me like 100 tiles away where I landed on a horse.  Was amazing.  It took me a second to realize what had even happened.  Suddenly I was in a completely different place, peeling myself off a horse. 

Before that: waking up to a nocturnal ambush, me and my companions outnumbered like 20 to 10.  Trying to save my peeps, I ran around in circles just chopping off feet and weapon hands. I got no killing blows, but kept all the idiots alive and relatively unharmed.

mud074

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 10:45:30 pm »

This sums it up completly:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was swimming, training my skills, when I came across a school of "harmless" minnows. I shot a fire arrow into them and they all swam at me at once. They murdered me in 3 turns.
In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only Googletopia.

atomicoctobot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2010, 11:31:58 pm »

lol @ "Harmless Minnow"

Gorm

• Bay Watcher
  • not related to Gorm of Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 10:31:39 am »

I was swimming, training my skills, when I came across a school of "harmless" minnows. I shot a fire arrow into them and they all swam at me at once. They murdered me in 3 turns.
Their name should be changed to "mostly harmless minnow" I guess.
As dwarves slowly lose their stats over time it's natural for them to get fatter as they age because there's no activities to train healing rate.
so dwarves that die of old age in DF dont get shriveled and weak, but huge round masses of meat and fat that explode spectacularly upon their final birthday?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 07:39:32 am »

I was walking along on my adventuring way, as Warghui the knifegoblin, with my human army behind me.
Now, Warghui was usually pretty quick... Supergoblin agility in fact.
But my speed was about 300 or less... I thought, what?! And I had a peek in his backpack.
Turns out, I had him wandering around with two entire dead dragons in there, as well as a big pile of dead hydra parts and other oddities. Yep. In the one backpack. Took most of that out and his speed jumped to about 3000. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sgt. Sherman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 10:17:36 pm »

In one of my early Adventures, I had managed to convince a pair of Peasants to accompany me on a bounty hunt for a Bandit Captain. Everything went well on the journey, and we arrived unscathed. As we approached the camp, two guards walk up, a wrestler and a spearman. I put the wrestler in a chokehold, strangle him until he's unconscious, and chop his head off. I glance over at my companions. One has been stabbed in the throat, and is laying on the ground bleeding out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3