Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Favourite Adventure Mode Moments  (Read 4379 times)

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
Favourite Adventure Mode Moments
« on: November 26, 2010, 12:03:52 pm »

So, what are your favourite adventure mode moments?

Mine is when I fought a bronze colossus and it would do almost no damage to me. After I cut off it's arm a message cames saying "The Bronze Colossus loses hold of the *Shark Leather Glove.*" so the entire time it was hitting me with a master work glove! After it dropped the glove though it killed me easily and another adventuring dude came and finished the job (he also found he glove!)

Turkleton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite Adventure Mode Moments
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 12:15:11 pm »

I had a pretty exciting moment where at the start I had the task of killing the "Bride of the Shrieking Man". After escaping bogeymen I finally got to the lair and entered Blitzkrieg mode with my copper sword. I only expected the Bride to be there, and then out of nowhere popped the child. I cut the Bride in half and the Child latched onto me somehow and put me into pain. I bashed its head in with my steel shield. I rushed inside to collect my spoils, but I was met with the Shrieking Man himself.

Knowing that I was probably going to die I rushed towards him and kept pommeling him in the head with my axe. Ironically, he was the easiest to kill. It took one shot and I bashed his brain.

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 12:19:28 pm »

Yeah, thats happened to me before as well.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 12:23:05 pm »

I went to sleep in the middle of nowhere since I had 2 companion Lashers, then got a "You feel uneasy" message and woke up.
Saw it was a cheetah attacking me, tried an experimental rock throw and instantly smashed it's skull through it's brain.
Let-down-fights are fun kids.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 12:32:30 pm »

I found a bronze colossus very close to a town but there was a river on the middle of the temple or wathever it was and the citty...i made the colossus follow me when i was looking for a bride so he could torture poor humans... i didn't found the bridge and the colossus was gone...suddently a fish just attacked me and made me die in 3 hits...

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 12:44:04 pm »

I was ambushed by a giant lion.  I stabbed it in the chest with my spear, then kicked it in the head, breaking its neck.  I just liked the mental image of roundhouse-kicking a giant lion after stabbing it.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 01:38:39 pm »

Leading a huge army against a megabeast only to be ambushed by a dozen elves and ripped to shreds.
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

theotherhiveking

• Bay Watcher
  • The ceiling... it beckons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 03:25:24 pm »

Killed 40 with my trusty iron mace and copper meat cleaver, i had a full set of iron armor, legendary fighting, wresting, maceman, and pretty high shield user and axeman.
And my beloved sidekick: a lasher with 40 kills and a missing leg, he could beat whole bandit camps on his own(thing he did twice).

Charged at dragon, first turn: left arm lost, second turn: right arm lost, third turn: upper body lost. My lasher likely had the same fate.

My best death so far, so movie like..

« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 03:33:06 pm by theotherhiveking »
So i'm chasing this wounded cheetah right? I go near this dried out pond AND SUDDENLY 21 FUCKING ELANDS COME OUT OF NOWHERE TO SHATTER MY BONES WITH THEIR THUNDEROUS HOOVES OF RAMPAGING MIGHT
Your eyes must be broken. You have gone blind most likely, but the paralysing is confusing.. Could you poast a screenshot?

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 03:31:54 pm »

Scratched a Night Creature's toe with my nail, which made him give in to the pain

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 04:10:35 pm »

I thought night creatures couldn't feel pain?

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 04:27:44 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:37:44 pm by Bronimin »

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 05:19:27 pm »

Wow, i have a new favorurite moment already! The queen told me to kill a goblin bandit so I accepted and gathered 4 soldiers to defeat them! Once I got there I found at least 50 goblins (seriously! 50 Gobos!) so I ran away leaving my allies to die. Feeling bad, I went back and killed ALL of the goblins and not taking a single wound (my char (Nani Dentedbabies) also had not been hit yet (and was only hit once in his life time! (it killed him)))

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 06:06:05 pm »

I was fighting a full night creature that ambushed me and my pikeman bro in the desert.  It grabbed my by the lower body with its mouth, and proceeded to slowly shake me around over and over again, tearing up my fat.  After repeated aimed-shotting it on the head (and my companion stabbing it over and over with his pike) it finally died, and I managed to survive after lots of bleeding with a massive jagged scar on my mid section.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 06:46:58 pm »

No, you're thinking of clowns.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 06:51:21 pm »

No, you're thinking of clowns.

Actually, I haven't had a single night creature experience pain.  I've only really checked the spouses, but I'm almost certain that night creatures do not feel pain.
Pages: [1] 2 3