Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Playfuloiled - A community penal colony  (Read 16045 times)

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Playfuloiled - A community penal colony
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2010, 01:36:48 pm »

Barely a few days had passed after this joyous event when more ominious tidings arrived at Rith's ears.

Strange noises had been heard from beneath the hatch leading to the first caverns by the miners passing to deeper works and Rith himself headed down to investigate.

As he arrived at the spot at which the vertical stair kinked to go around the first cavern layer he found a small group of gathered dwarves, faces anxious.  The caverns had been completely silent since their breach, not surprising given the four floor drop from the hole to the floor and the forbidden hatch above it, and the current events had awoken worry in the residents.  The sounds were currently absent, nothing could be heard from below, though apparently they came and went occasionaly.

Rith ordered the hatch pried open and peeked his head through into the cavern.
As his eyes adjusted to the dim phosphorescence of various fungi and moulds Rith could just make out a dim shape shambling through the darkness to the south.  His ears picked up the faint shuffling sounds that must have alerted the inhabitants as the creature, for it was surely such, turned towards him once more and began to approach.
Rith hauled himself back up through the hatch and Zrk2, who was one of the assembled dwarves slammed it shut again behind him.
Curious inquiries surrounded Rith as he rose shakily to his feet aand tried to forget the horrific thing half seen in the darkness.  He dismissed all questions with a sharp gesture.
"It remains sealed."
There was solemn nodding at this and the dwarves moved off about their business.  The mason paused to place a large boulder atop the hatch, he had seen the look in Rith's eye.  He would just try to ignore the soft noises whenever he passed by to the deep shafts.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2010, 03:05:08 pm »

Awesome!  Keep it coming!
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2010, 03:07:27 pm »

Really good!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2010, 03:37:28 pm »

Great! My goal of being first to legendary draws ever more likely.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2010, 05:00:50 am »

Sweet, We've got kids! I'm gonna teach 'em everything I know about cooking and combat. Maybe she'll grow up to be the next great chef, or take after mom and become a great smelter or glassmaker.

Tise the slavering one-eyed mite, and it's poisonous spittle? Some say that we Doom Dwarves got marked by the spittle of one such as he.  'We meet again,' he laughs nervously.

AngleWyrm scratches his bald head, as he often does when thinking, and wonders what kind of dwarves their children are.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 06:27:36 am by AngleWyrm »

Lupusater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2010, 08:53:22 am »

That thing is a blasphemy against every god ever worshipped! It's FUCHSIA for Armok's sake!
If my weapons and armor are used to slay this chromatic abomination, I will be a satisfied dwarf.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2010, 09:31:37 am »

I worry that if your weapons get near that beast you'll be satisfied from head to toe in syndrome causing spittle.

!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2010, 10:47:02 pm »

A fuschia mega best is just awesome. That is the most brilliant defense I have ever seen; Everyone is too busy going WTF to fight it.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Lupusater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2010, 10:46:44 am »

I worry that if your weapons get near that beast you'll be satisfied from head to toe in syndrome causing spittle.
I'm only the smith, I don't fight, or at least I think I don't. My satisfaction will be the one of the creator which sees his crafts put to good use.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2010, 12:45:59 pm »

Truly exceptional writing, celem.

If possible, I'd like to be dwarfed.
Argonnek is the name, I'll be the chief medical dwarf! Give me anyone who has diagnostician.

Also, a suggestion: build a scriptorium and a library to improve diagnostician, and an anatomical theater for other medical skills.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2010, 09:11:31 am »

Writing a paper just now, will be back soon.  Next update is being edited...i didnt like it
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2010, 09:25:07 am »

Glad you're still thinking about this!

Keep writing!

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2010, 09:27:28 am »

Glad you're still thinking about this!

Keep writing!

This, I really enjoy reading what you write celem!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Dinnitz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2010, 04:39:05 pm »

Yeah! keep it up!
The story is really entertaining and well written :)

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2010, 05:16:03 pm »

I am loveing this, can I dwarfed as the next steel dwarf too come along?
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12