Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Currency name?  (Read 12092 times)

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Currency name?
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2010, 06:10:17 pm »

"130 or so." Armok below, they've gone Imperial. ::)

If people insist on a set number, then we round up to 144 tiles or three embark squares. So a 3x3 square is a Morul wide and a Morul high.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2010, 06:19:16 pm »

Morul=Mile?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2010, 08:18:43 pm »

Ok I think I'll be calling them "quids" from now on.  It's clever and unique, and best of all it's already accepted slang for currency

Previously I didn't really have a name for it, but I'm suprised nobody's yet called them "cp"s...

But I think that whatever you call it, as long as its more creative than "urists" "dwarfbucks"  et cetera I think it's fine.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2010, 08:22:47 pm »

I asked earlier, but there was no answer so here goes: Am I the only one who assigns a monetary value to all of the metals in the raws?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2010, 08:39:15 pm »

Does it do anything?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2010, 08:44:36 pm »

I'm not sure. I'll have to do some !!science!!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

twilightdusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2010, 09:38:00 pm »

I call them Suns.
A man would see that as a difficult challenge.
An elf would see that and despair.
A dwarf would see that and say, "Bring it on."

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2010, 09:54:38 pm »

I've heard them called dwarf bucks and dimdums. I'd use either term in a DF conversation interchangeably. Then again, this is coming from someone who never mints coins.

As a side note:

Ţ̛̖͍̦͕̞̙̬͙̰̰̖̰̰̔͌̎͊̑ͧ̎͆̃̃́͆͛̇ͣ̎͝h͆͆ͤͧͮ̾̊̇̆͑̊͌̌͂̈́ͯ̋̍҉̬̰̬̗̬̝͇͈͓͕̦̰̠͇̱͚͟i̸̬͚̻͕̜̯̩̰̩̳͖͈̮̮͎͓ͮͬ̆̍͡ͅs̰͓̞̩̹͖͂͆ͨͨ̅̂ͧ̓͗ͨ͘͝ ͋̀͆̈́ͩͥͪͩ̆̈ͩ҉̡̱͉̲̮̜͎̺̠̰͙̰̦̩͜p̨̬̝̣̫̺̹͇̟̝̝̭̟̭̪͐̇ͨ̆̇͒̋̓̋̈͡͞r̶̴̥̘̝̤͎͔͓͖̟̞ͤ̓͂͋ͣ̇ͅõ̢̡͎̥̰̠̼ͮͥ̌͂̈́͜͡ͅg̲̖͙͇̳̥͔̤̭̯̗̟̞̭͎͕̰̙͗ͨͫ̒̂̑ͬͨ́͠r̋̿̀͋̃̽̉ͨͫͣ̓͊̾ͨͯͩͬ̚҉͔̩̥̗̺̙͍̻̼̦̹͓͇̮̰̖͞a̟̩̭̰̒̆̾̊̓ͬ͆̃̽͑̐̀́m̛̩̮̱̫̥̭̻̟̤̯̱̩̘͇̺ͩ̔͛͒͊̔̍ͥͮ̀͘ ̰͎̼̮̻̼̳̯̮͔͕̍ͪͦ͗̿̋̌̈ͥ́́̚͟͝h̥͕̥̼̫͔̦̯̹̘͇͔͎ͤ̅ͨ͑̑͊͌̋͌̀̆͢ͅͅą̸̶̣̞̘̞̝̜͇̭̯̦̻̞̹͙̦̩̝͙ͥ̎ͯ̿̊̄̑ͪ̀̀̚s̫̠̭̣̓ͫ̒ͥ̄ͦ̓ͮ͌̈̈́ͥͦ͋̊͗͛̍̀̚͟ ̴̩͕͇̈͗̐̋̏̋̀ͫ͋̀ͣ̓̉ͫ́ͅp̛͙̮̩̞͓̹͓̝̻̗͕̔ͭͬ̄́̿͜e͐̽̒ͤ̇͊ͯ͢͡҉̧̢̠̩̭̰̫̮̝r͖̜̞̤̘̪͕̻̪͌̂ͬ͟f̴̵̦̖̬̬̼͇̯͍̗̳͚͔ͤ͂̊̂̄̔ͦ̂̈́͒̒́̓ͪͭͭ̏ͦ́o͓͙̫͍̖͔̤̞̠͈̝̝͖̼͍̬͎̞̤ͣ̐̔̔̎̇͑ͣͣ͐ͥ͢r̡̳͍̻͌͂ͥ͑́̓̚͘͟͠m̨̥̰̱̮̰̙̲̩͚͕͗ͪ̈́̾̊̃͊̓ͥ̀͠e̺͕̜̤̰͓̱͓̻͓̦̟͎͙̠̗̳̣̿ͫ̇̇ͤ̂̃͒̊͒͛̾ͪ͠͝ͅd̷͂͌͊̓ͬ͂ͨ̑̈́ͨ̽̉̒ͩͨ͂ͩ́͡͏̘͔̗̣̟̳͉͙̰̟̞̝̜͙̥̞̙̪ ̶̡͇̖̝ͪ͐̈̄̊̐ͤͬ̊̊̈́ͪ͆̄̍ͦͨ͆̀̀̚͝á̧͚͓̳͎͖͚̣̘̥͓̯͓̳̼̓̑̆̅͛͐̍ͪ͑ͬ͒̋̀́̕n̶̩̟̞̲̺̗̪̲̏̅͛̀̋ͫͥͨͭ̒ͫ̔ͧ̚̕̕ͅ ̡ͣ͊ͧ̈ͥ͛͆ͩ̑̿͋ͪ̅͒͑̕͝҉̭̦̠̖̳̘͎͖̻̥̝̬ͅIͮͥ̈̾̌̇̾̀͏̧̧̫̫̗͇̪̱̹͔̖͓̟̗͖̖̬͈͇l̛̥̭̘̼̯̬͚̮̲̩̞̳͇̅̃̈͋͛̔̑̑ͫ͋ͭͪͥ̅̃ͩ́͡ͅͅl̨̨̛̹̣̞͖͇ͥ͑̈́͋ͪͣͭ͗̓ͦͤ͜͞eͥͧͭ̋ͧ̃͒̌͂ͬͩ̀͑̔ͣͮ͏̨͙͇̜͇̖̮̭̗̖̲̯̥̼̭͠g̶̶̼̬̗̞̭̰ͥ̂̔ͫ͋͗̽̎͑ͥͪͥ̐̏͘a̧̡̪̬͖̰͈̜̟̫̭̪̳͈̗̙͂̈́ͫ͌ͥ͊͂̿͐̃͞͝l̴̶̦̙͇̞̻͉̰̹̣͚̞̬̝͆̍̀̉̄̓̇̓̀́ ̸̞̠̪̟̯͎͓̜͎̘̭͕ͫ͌̆̇͜Ę̵̨̮̰̫̲̲̫̘̻̠̟͓͚̽̀ͦͦ͞r̹͇̲͚̬̦̹̼͇͙̀ͭͨ̾̿ͮ̇̀̕͞r̸͚̞̟̞͇̝̩̳͍͙̲̬ͮ̒̽̔͂̔͆̿̋̏͊ͨ̀́͊̉̄̄̀ŏ̶̢͈̤̙̰̃͒͗̏ͤͯͥ̈ͦͤͧͤͯͤ̌̕͜͡r̸̗͖̰̗͕̩̖̬͎̫̤̺͖͚̀ͮͯͧ̍ͬͩ̈́͑̆̄ͤ̔͌̃ͭ̆͐̆͟͞ͅ ̶̡̳̫͙̘̦̱͙͇ͦ͌ͩͬ̇̿̀̊̽ͬ̃̆̚a̸̱̪̠͈̝̞̘̥̳̳ͤ͊͑ͪ̉̅̾̀́̚͟n̢ͫ̋̅͗҉͔͎̙͔̬͠͞d̔̓̈́̍̿ͯͦ̎͗̿͐̊ͣ҉̸̴͚͈̗͇̩͈̻̭̲̬͎̭͖̟̘̦̯͟ ̩̹̖̼͈̈̈́́̽̕͝w̡̧͉̣͉̠̥͍̺͍̣̞͇̤̰͙̰̭͎͚ͮͭ̌̂͐̒͐̉̀̉̈́̍̀͡ͅí͍͙͙͙͕͉̯̄̓̈́͢͝l̛̛̰̞̜̘̗͕̭̣͌̒̌̓̈̾͑̆̓͊̌͑̆̈́͛͟͜͜l̵̴̵̢̪̭͓̻̺̦͔͚͐̐̋̄ͨ̄̊͐ͦ̍͗ͧ̆ͮͮ̃̓̅͠ ͈̪̻͕̼̘̜͓͒̔͒ͧ̂ͦ̈́́̕̕͢b̛͓̗̹̻̺̬̖̫̠̜̜̗͍͕̥͒̆̑̃̈̽̄̈ͭ̈ͯ͌́͘eͥ̏̓ͬ͂̍̇̈̊ͮ̋̑̓ͨ́͒̚͡҉̧̱̮̩̹̖̘̭̖̻͎͈̠̼͝ ̷̨̼͖̞̲̰ͮ̓̋ͭ̀̊̃̚͞sͦ̋ͪͭͧ̇ͨͩ̿ͦͪ̽ͨ̓̂ͭ͊͘͏̻͖͔̣̞͙̙̤͚͓̞̭̮ḩ̶̜̟͓̖̦̼̲̻͖̦̼͚͉̲̺̦̗ͤͯͮͅu̡͈̬̞ͤ̎̆̿̽̍͛͋̽̋̂̚͘t̲̺̭̣̣͎͇̭͖͉̥ͯͬ͛͆̇̾̅̕͘ ͤ̓̿̅̅͗́͌ͧ҉̶̨̧͎̭̞̟̦̻̮̮̱̯͙͈͇̤̩͎̲̬̺͝dͥͥ̚͠͏̀҉̧͙̖̠̳ͅo̔̾̉ͬ͗ͩ̒̃́̂͆̍ͨ͏̣̥̗̠̤̯͍͢w̴̷̢̜̫̦͇̮̫̣͇̹̼̮̥̙̪͖͎͖̼̦͆ͧ̿̅̀̈́ͪ̓ͣ̀̆̕͡n̞͍̤̬̭͔̺̮̺͍̊ͣ̆͌̐̀͢ ̵̢̧̡̭̞̦̣̟̫̤̭̭̪̲̊ͦͬ́ͅi̶̸͎̻͉̹̹̼̯̾̀̈́̈̍̑̇ͫ͋̉̑̒ͣͣ̊ͧ̚̕͞ṇ̵̩̩͎̻͓̝̲͇͓ͯ̀̓̃ͬ͐̄̋͡ ̃̃̓̄̅ͩ̚̕͏͜͏̩͚̯͙̣̯̮̜̠̙͙̠̘͎ͅąͬͥͪ̓͊ͦ̏ͭͥͮ͒̀͏̡̢̻̰̻̞̪̜͘c̗̝͍̥̮̳̤̻̙̲͓̥̱̜̠͈̄ͯ̅̈́͊͗̑͐́̔̐͒̀ͪ̔̐͝͝ͅc̶̡̣̞̬̠̝̣͍̜̠ͮ̔̊̾̓̉͠ͅo̵͌̈͂ͪ̊̈́͗̍̅̃̃͂͒̂̄ͬ̏̾̚͢͏͉̜͕͇͇̖̕͞r̨͂̃͋̊͌̃͋ͣ͒҉̛̱̬̱͙̖̬̪̙̳͇̪͢ͅd̡̢̛̙͓̝̣͚̬͆͗̆͒ͯ̀a̡̱̳̙͖͍͇͉̦̠̟̦̮͈̩̭̻̱͂ͦ̓́̅͊ͦ̈̐ͧͫ̍̐̉ͧͬ̚͢n͚̻̥̠͈̮̮ͨ̉͆̓͆ͪ̑̉̔̿͋̉̾̿̕͝c̺̭̩͎̙͈̬͙̠̖̓̇̂͒̋̕e̴̦͈̩̺̥̩̳̯͍͙̖̘̞̬͖ͩ̊ͤ̅̃͋ͧ͒̆ͪ̊̓̎̔͐̒ͦͬ̏̀͠ ̵̷̴̲̝̖͙͙̜͉̔ͬͥ̓̄̉̏͡ẁ̏́̇ͨͯ͋̌̒̐͋͂̓ͬ͑҉̡̬͓̼̭̘̪̘̰̟̲̺͙̗̻̠͡ͅi̓̎͋ͨ͐ͯ̎͑̂̾̅ͫ̉ͮ̍҉͔̦̗̫̺̹͎̳̩̱͍̱̗͟t̡͒̐͒ͦ̊ͦͩ͑̊̒ͬ̂͏̶̧͔̣̤̻͇̮̳̜̺̮̦͈͍͔͕̜͎h̢̢͓̲̮̞̩͔͍̝͍̗̠̓͛̍̆͛͊̊̊̀͆̆ͬ̓̋ͧ̐ͫͯ̉ͅ ̧̮͉͈̙̖̜͙̰̣̻̳͔̅̑ͤͨͬͫͯ̈̀͘͝t̶̵̨̢̥̖̱͉͉͉͉̣͔͈̠͓̝̪̰̯͔ͧ͒̒̑͒͌̈́͆̊ͮ̐͢h̸̸́ͭ͊ͭ͗̓͂ͧͥ̓҉͚͔̠̗͡ͅe̴̸ͫ̐͌̇̓̾ͥ̽ͫ͛ͨ͑͐ͥͧ̐̃͋͞͡҉̰̻̖̟͔̯̣̗̗̱͖̜̜̗̳ͅ ̴͙̠̜̘̱͎ͨ̓͐ͤ͆͐̍̂ͤ͛ͮͦ̎̀́͠S̸̫͈̩̤͓͍̯̃̾͂ͩͮ̋̑ͮ̅ͭ̔̽͆ͣ̀́ư̛̝̖̺̥͗̒ͥͩm̛̪̝̘͕̐̈ͦ̾̐̓ͫ̐͠e̸̻̥͔̯̫̹̞̼̩̳̞͚ͤ̓̈̊̃̓ͬ̅͛̀̕r͓̭̫̫̪͙̮̹̯̟̼͇͖̬̙̜̓̓̓͐̉ͯ̄̔̑̂̊͒̀͢͢ï̷̛̯͚͇͖̜̟̩̪̟̩̥̜̠̦̺̦͖ͥ̓́ͯ͗͋͜͢͠a̋̄͗̎̍̔̋͂͌̇ͦͦ̔̄̽ͮ͘͡҉̶̮̩͓̘̲̺̲̫̝̣̦̪n̾͂͐̏̑̐̔̓̈̎̈́̎͊͞҉̀͏̮̗̤̰̳̮̩̥͓̬͜ ̨̧̘̪̼̘̻̬̤̹̭͎̊͑ͬͣ͐̃ͯ̀ͭ̔ͪ̿̔͗̏̌̚͟͜l̵̜͇͖̥̖̞̗͓͚̭̅ͧͤͥ͋͘̕͠a̛ͯ͑̒ͨͫ̆҉̢̠̣͇͎̪̯̣̻̗͇̮̞͚̠̜̣̞͇̱wͯ̏̿̊̓ͮ͌̏̈́̅͑̚͏̘̗͕̜͓̠̣͉̲͢s̩̱͕͕̻̻̼͛̋ͪ̿ͩ͢͜ͅ ͬ͛̓ͤͥ̐͊̇̈́̍҉̵̵̢͔͍̭͙͎̫̲̬̙̭̞̻̦̪̫̱̻̺͔͘o̡͎̭͓ͯ͛̿ͧͩͣͭ̔͊͐̀̂ͤ̾̈́̓͒́ͅf̴̧̡̢̛͍̤̥̖̺̜͔̑̇̆ͫ̋̒͑ͯ ̡͉̣͈̲͇͈̲̣̺̜̠ͨ̆̈́ͬ͛ͦͥ̏̒͆ͨ̋̂̓ͫ͒̌̕b̴̢̪̼͉̻̥̩͚̖͎̲̻̬̫̲͙ͦ̀͛ͣ̏ͨ̄͜͟l̡͔͉̭̠̣̤̖̹͍̲̞̦͉̺͉͚̙̰͂ͣ̂͒̓̒̂̋̍͒̎̐͒͊̓̆͘͝͝ͅo̶̢̢͈̭̪̣͓̜̦̞̭̰̠̮͔̠̽ͤ͛̇̈́̃̅ͣ͆̐̂͆͜ͅo̴̻̭̱̬͎̮̘̯̝͔͈̳̮̰̟̖͖̾͛̀͒͑̈́ͬ̆̒́̾͒͢ͅd̎̾͒̈̽͌̈́̑̈́ͣͫͩ̔̑ͬ͘͜͏̝̞̫̠̳̙̹̝̞̤-̶͕͈̰̺̮̼̽̂ͦ́̓ͫ͑ͥ̑ͧ̌̄͐̒͗͗͞r̸̫͚̤̤̼̭̯̱̰͖̺̤͉̙̠̤͚̀ͥͬ̑͆̓̄̏ͮ̂͛̓͌́iͮ͒ͫ̀̎͑̔͑̽ͬͦ͊̑ͧͦ͢͏̀҉̢̲̫̤̜̳͈̪̝̳͖̗t̴ͥ̅ͧ͗̑͐ͭ̎ͤ̃҉̺̜̘̺̼͓̟̲̳̝͙͉̰͚͎̜̳ȩ̷̵̸̦̯̙͉̂ͮ̎̉͑ͥ͛̕.̢ͮ̄̏̋̇҉̞̺͉̖͇͔̙̀

How the carp did you do that?
Search Zalgo.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2010, 10:39:10 pm »

I remember people on the forums calling them 'turtles' a while back since they use the same symbol.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2010, 10:39:53 pm »

I call them turtles.  It's easy to say, spell, and remember.

Jorshamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2010, 11:01:27 pm »

But then that raises the question: how is a turtle worth 2 turtles?

Anyway, on the topic at hand, I just call them units, but I'm gonna try calling them Urists.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2010, 01:46:08 am »

Anyway, on the topic at hand, I just call them units, but I'm gonna try calling them Urists.
Call them shells.  Turtles have two shells (top and bottom halves of the same shell) so this would explain that problem.
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2010, 03:45:21 am »

Dwarfbucks or Turtles, myself.

I'm not sure why...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2010, 10:31:37 am »

Inflation and/or price mark-up.

And now I can't stop thinking of dwarfbucks as turtle shells...

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2010, 10:36:09 am »

Inflation and/or price mark-up.

And now I can't stop thinking of dwarfbucks as turtle shells...
Therefore, you sometimes get artifacts encrusted with dwarfbucks? Who the hell encrusts shit with money anyway?
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7