Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Currency name?  (Read 12103 times)

cr4zyd

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Currency name?
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 10:23:07 pm »

the ☼  is clearly the Vergina Sun. perhaps the ancient macedonians were actually dwarves?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2010, 10:30:01 pm »

the ☼  is clearly the Vergina Sun. perhaps the ancient macedonians were actually dwarves?

Nah, thats a stretch.

Where its forbadem one of the alchemical symbol for gold. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemical_symbol#Seven_planetary_metals
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2010, 10:39:52 pm »

☼  looks to me like the coffee ring left by a grande double-shot not-to-hot no-whip mocha with a shot of raspberry. See the sleightly shorter extrusion on the left? Classic raspberry signature. So I'de like to change my vote to measure currency in Coffee Stains (☼).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:05:45 pm by AngleWyrm »

Ghavrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2010, 11:59:18 pm »

DORFBUX.

The singular form is DORFBUK. The silver denominations are argenti, and the bronze are

Ţ̛̖͍̦͕̞̙̬͙̰̰̖̰̰̔͌̎͊̑ͧ̎͆̃̃́͆͛̇ͣ̎͝h͆͆ͤͧͮ̾̊̇̆͑̊͌̌͂̈́ͯ̋̍҉̬̰̬̗̬̝͇͈͓͕̦̰̠͇̱͚͟i̸̬͚̻͕̜̯̩̰̩̳͖͈̮̮͎͓ͮͬ̆̍͡ͅs̰͓̞̩̹͖͂͆ͨͨ̅̂ͧ̓͗ͨ͘͝ ͋̀͆̈́ͩͥͪͩ̆̈ͩ҉̡̱͉̲̮̜͎̺̠̰͙̰̦̩͜p̨̬̝̣̫̺̹͇̟̝̝̭̟̭̪͐̇ͨ̆̇͒̋̓̋̈͡͞r̶̴̥̘̝̤͎͔͓͖̟̞ͤ̓͂͋ͣ̇ͅõ̢̡͎̥̰̠̼ͮͥ̌͂̈́͜͡ͅg̲̖͙͇̳̥͔̤̭̯̗̟̞̭͎͕̰̙͗ͨͫ̒̂̑ͬͨ́͠r̋̿̀͋̃̽̉ͨͫͣ̓͊̾ͨͯͩͬ̚҉͔̩̥̗̺̙͍̻̼̦̹͓͇̮̰̖͞a̟̩̭̰̒̆̾̊̓ͬ͆̃̽͑̐̀́m̛̩̮̱̫̥̭̻̟̤̯̱̩̘͇̺ͩ̔͛͒͊̔̍ͥͮ̀͘ ̰͎̼̮̻̼̳̯̮͔͕̍ͪͦ͗̿̋̌̈ͥ́́̚͟͝h̥͕̥̼̫͔̦̯̹̘͇͔͎ͤ̅ͨ͑̑͊͌̋͌̀̆͢ͅͅą̸̶̣̞̘̞̝̜͇̭̯̦̻̞̹͙̦̩̝͙ͥ̎ͯ̿̊̄̑ͪ̀̀̚s̫̠̭̣̓ͫ̒ͥ̄ͦ̓ͮ͌̈̈́ͥͦ͋̊͗͛̍̀̚͟ ̴̩͕͇̈͗̐̋̏̋̀ͫ͋̀ͣ̓̉ͫ́ͅp̛͙̮̩̞͓̹͓̝̻̗͕̔ͭͬ̄́̿͜e͐̽̒ͤ̇͊ͯ͢͡҉̧̢̠̩̭̰̫̮̝r͖̜̞̤̘̪͕̻̪͌̂ͬ͟f̴̵̦̖̬̬̼͇̯͍̗̳͚͔ͤ͂̊̂̄̔ͦ̂̈́͒̒́̓ͪͭͭ̏ͦ́o͓͙̫͍̖͔̤̞̠͈̝̝͖̼͍̬͎̞̤ͣ̐̔̔̎̇͑ͣͣ͐ͥ͢r̡̳͍̻͌͂ͥ͑́̓̚͘͟͠m̨̥̰̱̮̰̙̲̩͚͕͗ͪ̈́̾̊̃͊̓ͥ̀͠e̺͕̜̤̰͓̱͓̻͓̦̟͎͙̠̗̳̣̿ͫ̇̇ͤ̂̃͒̊͒͛̾ͪ͠͝ͅd̷͂͌͊̓ͬ͂ͨ̑̈́ͨ̽̉̒ͩͨ͂ͩ́͡͏̘͔̗̣̟̳͉͙̰̟̞̝̜͙̥̞̙̪ ̶̡͇̖̝ͪ͐̈̄̊̐ͤͬ̊̊̈́ͪ͆̄̍ͦͨ͆̀̀̚͝á̧͚͓̳͎͖͚̣̘̥͓̯͓̳̼̓̑̆̅͛͐̍ͪ͑ͬ͒̋̀́̕n̶̩̟̞̲̺̗̪̲̏̅͛̀̋ͫͥͨͭ̒ͫ̔ͧ̚̕̕ͅ ̡ͣ͊ͧ̈ͥ͛͆ͩ̑̿͋ͪ̅͒͑̕͝҉̭̦̠̖̳̘͎͖̻̥̝̬ͅIͮͥ̈̾̌̇̾̀͏̧̧̫̫̗͇̪̱̹͔̖͓̟̗͖̖̬͈͇l̛̥̭̘̼̯̬͚̮̲̩̞̳͇̅̃̈͋͛̔̑̑ͫ͋ͭͪͥ̅̃ͩ́͡ͅͅl̨̨̛̹̣̞͖͇ͥ͑̈́͋ͪͣͭ͗̓ͦͤ͜͞eͥͧͭ̋ͧ̃͒̌͂ͬͩ̀͑̔ͣͮ͏̨͙͇̜͇̖̮̭̗̖̲̯̥̼̭͠g̶̶̼̬̗̞̭̰ͥ̂̔ͫ͋͗̽̎͑ͥͪͥ̐̏͘a̧̡̪̬͖̰͈̜̟̫̭̪̳͈̗̙͂̈́ͫ͌ͥ͊͂̿͐̃͞͝l̴̶̦̙͇̞̻͉̰̹̣͚̞̬̝͆̍̀̉̄̓̇̓̀́ ̸̞̠̪̟̯͎͓̜͎̘̭͕ͫ͌̆̇͜Ę̵̨̮̰̫̲̲̫̘̻̠̟͓͚̽̀ͦͦ͞r̹͇̲͚̬̦̹̼͇͙̀ͭͨ̾̿ͮ̇̀̕͞r̸͚̞̟̞͇̝̩̳͍͙̲̬ͮ̒̽̔͂̔͆̿̋̏͊ͨ̀́͊̉̄̄̀ŏ̶̢͈̤̙̰̃͒͗̏ͤͯͥ̈ͦͤͧͤͯͤ̌̕͜͡r̸̗͖̰̗͕̩̖̬͎̫̤̺͖͚̀ͮͯͧ̍ͬͩ̈́͑̆̄ͤ̔͌̃ͭ̆͐̆͟͞ͅ ̶̡̳̫͙̘̦̱͙͇ͦ͌ͩͬ̇̿̀̊̽ͬ̃̆̚a̸̱̪̠͈̝̞̘̥̳̳ͤ͊͑ͪ̉̅̾̀́̚͟n̢ͫ̋̅͗҉͔͎̙͔̬͠͞d̔̓̈́̍̿ͯͦ̎͗̿͐̊ͣ҉̸̴͚͈̗͇̩͈̻̭̲̬͎̭͖̟̘̦̯͟ ̩̹̖̼͈̈̈́́̽̕͝w̡̧͉̣͉̠̥͍̺͍̣̞͇̤̰͙̰̭͎͚ͮͭ̌̂͐̒͐̉̀̉̈́̍̀͡ͅí͍͙͙͙͕͉̯̄̓̈́͢͝l̛̛̰̞̜̘̗͕̭̣͌̒̌̓̈̾͑̆̓͊̌͑̆̈́͛͟͜͜l̵̴̵̢̪̭͓̻̺̦͔͚͐̐̋̄ͨ̄̊͐ͦ̍͗ͧ̆ͮͮ̃̓̅͠ ͈̪̻͕̼̘̜͓͒̔͒ͧ̂ͦ̈́́̕̕͢b̛͓̗̹̻̺̬̖̫̠̜̜̗͍͕̥͒̆̑̃̈̽̄̈ͭ̈ͯ͌́͘eͥ̏̓ͬ͂̍̇̈̊ͮ̋̑̓ͨ́͒̚͡҉̧̱̮̩̹̖̘̭̖̻͎͈̠̼͝ ̷̨̼͖̞̲̰ͮ̓̋ͭ̀̊̃̚͞sͦ̋ͪͭͧ̇ͨͩ̿ͦͪ̽ͨ̓̂ͭ͊͘͏̻͖͔̣̞͙̙̤͚͓̞̭̮ḩ̶̜̟͓̖̦̼̲̻͖̦̼͚͉̲̺̦̗ͤͯͮͅu̡͈̬̞ͤ̎̆̿̽̍͛͋̽̋̂̚͘t̲̺̭̣̣͎͇̭͖͉̥ͯͬ͛͆̇̾̅̕͘ ͤ̓̿̅̅͗́͌ͧ҉̶̨̧͎̭̞̟̦̻̮̮̱̯͙͈͇̤̩͎̲̬̺͝dͥͥ̚͠͏̀҉̧͙̖̠̳ͅo̔̾̉ͬ͗ͩ̒̃́̂͆̍ͨ͏̣̥̗̠̤̯͍͢w̴̷̢̜̫̦͇̮̫̣͇̹̼̮̥̙̪͖͎͖̼̦͆ͧ̿̅̀̈́ͪ̓ͣ̀̆̕͡n̞͍̤̬̭͔̺̮̺͍̊ͣ̆͌̐̀͢ ̵̢̧̡̭̞̦̣̟̫̤̭̭̪̲̊ͦͬ́ͅi̶̸͎̻͉̹̹̼̯̾̀̈́̈̍̑̇ͫ͋̉̑̒ͣͣ̊ͧ̚̕͞ṇ̵̩̩͎̻͓̝̲͇͓ͯ̀̓̃ͬ͐̄̋͡ ̃̃̓̄̅ͩ̚̕͏͜͏̩͚̯͙̣̯̮̜̠̙͙̠̘͎ͅąͬͥͪ̓͊ͦ̏ͭͥͮ͒̀͏̡̢̻̰̻̞̪̜͘c̗̝͍̥̮̳̤̻̙̲͓̥̱̜̠͈̄ͯ̅̈́͊͗̑͐́̔̐͒̀ͪ̔̐͝͝ͅc̶̡̣̞̬̠̝̣͍̜̠ͮ̔̊̾̓̉͠ͅo̵͌̈͂ͪ̊̈́͗̍̅̃̃͂͒̂̄ͬ̏̾̚͢͏͉̜͕͇͇̖̕͞r̨͂̃͋̊͌̃͋ͣ͒҉̛̱̬̱͙̖̬̪̙̳͇̪͢ͅd̡̢̛̙͓̝̣͚̬͆͗̆͒ͯ̀a̡̱̳̙͖͍͇͉̦̠̟̦̮͈̩̭̻̱͂ͦ̓́̅͊ͦ̈̐ͧͫ̍̐̉ͧͬ̚͢n͚̻̥̠͈̮̮ͨ̉͆̓͆ͪ̑̉̔̿͋̉̾̿̕͝c̺̭̩͎̙͈̬͙̠̖̓̇̂͒̋̕e̴̦͈̩̺̥̩̳̯͍͙̖̘̞̬͖ͩ̊ͤ̅̃͋ͧ͒̆ͪ̊̓̎̔͐̒ͦͬ̏̀͠ ̵̷̴̲̝̖͙͙̜͉̔ͬͥ̓̄̉̏͡ẁ̏́̇ͨͯ͋̌̒̐͋͂̓ͬ͑҉̡̬͓̼̭̘̪̘̰̟̲̺͙̗̻̠͡ͅi̓̎͋ͨ͐ͯ̎͑̂̾̅ͫ̉ͮ̍҉͔̦̗̫̺̹͎̳̩̱͍̱̗͟t̡͒̐͒ͦ̊ͦͩ͑̊̒ͬ̂͏̶̧͔̣̤̻͇̮̳̜̺̮̦͈͍͔͕̜͎h̢̢͓̲̮̞̩͔͍̝͍̗̠̓͛̍̆͛͊̊̊̀͆̆ͬ̓̋ͧ̐ͫͯ̉ͅ ̧̮͉͈̙̖̜͙̰̣̻̳͔̅̑ͤͨͬͫͯ̈̀͘͝t̶̵̨̢̥̖̱͉͉͉͉̣͔͈̠͓̝̪̰̯͔ͧ͒̒̑͒͌̈́͆̊ͮ̐͢h̸̸́ͭ͊ͭ͗̓͂ͧͥ̓҉͚͔̠̗͡ͅe̴̸ͫ̐͌̇̓̾ͥ̽ͫ͛ͨ͑͐ͥͧ̐̃͋͞͡҉̰̻̖̟͔̯̣̗̗̱͖̜̜̗̳ͅ ̴͙̠̜̘̱͎ͨ̓͐ͤ͆͐̍̂ͤ͛ͮͦ̎̀́͠S̸̫͈̩̤͓͍̯̃̾͂ͩͮ̋̑ͮ̅ͭ̔̽͆ͣ̀́ư̛̝̖̺̥͗̒ͥͩm̛̪̝̘͕̐̈ͦ̾̐̓ͫ̐͠e̸̻̥͔̯̫̹̞̼̩̳̞͚ͤ̓̈̊̃̓ͬ̅͛̀̕r͓̭̫̫̪͙̮̹̯̟̼͇͖̬̙̜̓̓̓͐̉ͯ̄̔̑̂̊͒̀͢͢ï̷̛̯͚͇͖̜̟̩̪̟̩̥̜̠̦̺̦͖ͥ̓́ͯ͗͋͜͢͠a̋̄͗̎̍̔̋͂͌̇ͦͦ̔̄̽ͮ͘͡҉̶̮̩͓̘̲̺̲̫̝̣̦̪n̾͂͐̏̑̐̔̓̈̎̈́̎͊͞҉̀͏̮̗̤̰̳̮̩̥͓̬͜ ̨̧̘̪̼̘̻̬̤̹̭͎̊͑ͬͣ͐̃ͯ̀ͭ̔ͪ̿̔͗̏̌̚͟͜l̵̜͇͖̥̖̞̗͓͚̭̅ͧͤͥ͋͘̕͠a̛ͯ͑̒ͨͫ̆҉̢̠̣͇͎̪̯̣̻̗͇̮̞͚̠̜̣̞͇̱wͯ̏̿̊̓ͮ͌̏̈́̅͑̚͏̘̗͕̜͓̠̣͉̲͢s̩̱͕͕̻̻̼͛̋ͪ̿ͩ͢͜ͅ ͬ͛̓ͤͥ̐͊̇̈́̍҉̵̵̢͔͍̭͙͎̫̲̬̙̭̞̻̦̪̫̱̻̺͔͘o̡͎̭͓ͯ͛̿ͧͩͣͭ̔͊͐̀̂ͤ̾̈́̓͒́ͅf̴̧̡̢̛͍̤̥̖̺̜͔̑̇̆ͫ̋̒͑ͯ ̡͉̣͈̲͇͈̲̣̺̜̠ͨ̆̈́ͬ͛ͦͥ̏̒͆ͨ̋̂̓ͫ͒̌̕b̴̢̪̼͉̻̥̩͚̖͎̲̻̬̫̲͙ͦ̀͛ͣ̏ͨ̄͜͟l̡͔͉̭̠̣̤̖̹͍̲̞̦͉̺͉͚̙̰͂ͣ̂͒̓̒̂̋̍͒̎̐͒͊̓̆͘͝͝ͅo̶̢̢͈̭̪̣͓̜̦̞̭̰̠̮͔̠̽ͤ͛̇̈́̃̅ͣ͆̐̂͆͜ͅo̴̻̭̱̬͎̮̘̯̝͔͈̳̮̰̟̖͖̾͛̀͒͑̈́ͬ̆̒́̾͒͢ͅd̎̾͒̈̽͌̈́̑̈́ͣͫͩ̔̑ͬ͘͜͏̝̞̫̠̳̙̹̝̞̤-̶͕͈̰̺̮̼̽̂ͦ́̓ͫ͑ͥ̑ͧ̌̄͐̒͗͗͞r̸̫͚̤̤̼̭̯̱̰͖̺̤͉̙̠̤͚̀ͥͬ̑͆̓̄̏ͮ̂͛̓͌́iͮ͒ͫ̀̎͑̔͑̽ͬͦ͊̑ͧͦ͢͏̀҉̢̲̫̤̜̳͈̪̝̳͖̗t̴ͥ̅ͧ͗̑͐ͭ̎ͤ̃҉̺̜̘̺̼͓̟̲̳̝͙͉̰͚͎̜̳ȩ̷̵̸̦̯̙͉̂ͮ̎̉͑ͥ͛̕.̢ͮ̄̏̋̇҉̞̺͉̖͇͔̙̀

... I don't use bronze.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 05:27:19 pm by Ghavrel »
Ramps in DF are these sort of hyperdimensional monstrosities capable of allowing you to walk upwards in whatever direction seems plausible at the time

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2010, 01:35:51 am »

one money, two money, three money....

i have 3 monies.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2010, 06:45:51 am »

Dorfbucks.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2010, 07:08:43 am »

I just leave off the unit.  An anvil is worth 100.

Glad to see I'm not the only person to do this. I also tend to think of them as dwarfbucks or just gems because the ☼ looks like a gem to me.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2010, 07:13:37 am »

Dwarfbucks. To those who insist that it is not right for fantasy currency, I shall remind that we do use the term "dwarven atom smasher".
Dwarves in-game might just call them coins. 1 dwarfbuck equals 1 copper coin after all.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2010, 10:00:40 am »

Dwarfbucks. To those who insist that it is not right for fantasy currency, I shall remind that we do use the term "dwarven atom smasher".
Dwarves in-game might just call them coins. 1 dwarfbuck equals 1 copper coin after all.

Yeah I refer to them as copper coins, even though I off course never mint the stuff.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2010, 10:18:53 am »

Money.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Dr_Pylons

• Bay Watcher
  • [GREEDY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2010, 02:34:32 pm »

i have 3 monies.
I'm not sure why I lol'd, but I did.
I think I'm going to start calling it dorfmonies or just monies now.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2010, 02:39:03 pm »

[Dwarf/dorf][bucks/bux], monies, Urists, caps...

Just don't call them laser squids. That would just be weird.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2010, 03:06:53 pm »

I just leave off the unit.  An anvil is worth 100.

I do the same

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2010, 08:39:44 pm »

[Dwarf/dorf][bucks/bux], monies, Urists, caps...

Just don't call them laser squids. That would just be weird.
Good, because I call them squid lasers.

the great fool

• Bay Watcher
  • the Elf butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2010, 09:13:14 pm »

i have 3 monies.
I'm not sure why I lol'd, but I did.
I think I'm going to start calling it dorfmonies or just monies now.
Well out of all the ones i heard, this is the one that made me lol.
from here on out i shall call them "money"!
An Elf in a cage is worth two in the forest
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7