Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How To Cheer Up My Dorf?  (Read 2655 times)

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How To Cheer Up My Dorf?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 02:23:12 pm »

"She needs alcohol to get through the working day and can't even remember the last time she had some."

The solution to cheering up seems pretty obvious. Shame about her going berserk.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 02:25:53 pm »

It could have been worse. Her cat could have died too.

She didn't have a cat! :p

Even better!
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 02:51:52 pm »

"She needs alcohol to get through the working day and can't even remember the last time she had some."

The solution to cheering up seems pretty obvious. Shame about her going berserk.

Tbh She didn't have a drink even when it was readily available, everyone else drinks enough except for her! Would I of been able to force feed her Alcohol at all?
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
Some are still fresh. One is still moving.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 08:20:36 pm »

Fill her cell with engravings of her surrounded by lizards.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 12:55:53 am »

You probably had her set to carry around a waterskin with...ugh...water in it.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2010, 01:20:53 am »

Fill her cell with engravings of her surrounded by lizards.
She's dead, jim.
that was a page ago.
Now we're talking about... Well, I have no idea. What are we talking about?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 07:32:56 am »

You probably had her set to carry around a waterskin with...ugh...water in it.

Can you set it any other way in 40d?

Anyway I don't think she had a waterskin, she didn't need one because of the layout of the tower.
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.

Savaril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 10:19:28 am »

I recently retired her from the military because she's probably seen enough fighting for this lifetime :p

This is your problem. (At least, I think it is. I'm not sure if it applies in 40d) Laying off hero dwarves gives them a VERY strong unhappy thought. Almost/just as bad as one of their best friends dying.

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 10:26:57 am »

This is your problem. (At least, I think it is. I'm not sure if it applies in 40d) Laying off hero dwarves gives them a VERY strong unhappy thought. Almost/just as bad as one of their best friends dying.

Nope, the other one had an unhappy thought that he was retired but it didn't last very long, cog had nothing (Well, nothing connected to that anyway).

Kearn

• Bay Watcher
  • insert witty tagline here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 10:29:38 am »

so let's see

lost a friend to death

lost a lover to death

witnessed death

was beaten

confined in prison

was hungry

eaten by vermin
i like goats

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2010, 10:43:08 am »

Yep, & she went berserk when she lost another Friend to tragedy.
Pages: 1 [2]