Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: GLORY TO KORBAC (and inEQUALITY, and 3)  (Read 2426 times)

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
Re: Help? XD
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 11:31:40 pm »

Haha sounds good, I look forward to playing it :D I'm working on my own mod at the moment, hopefully I'll have the patience to do at least as much as you seem to have done for yours. :P

Best of luck!
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 11:46:31 am »

where's the creature_intelligent coming from? I don't seem to have it in my raws.
I'm going to just assume that you've modded it in.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 11:48:37 am »

where's the creature_intelligent coming from? I don't seem to have it in my raws.
I'm going to just assume that you've modded it in.

The coding doesn't read what's after creature_ or item_armor_ and so on, so modders use names like that to house their modded creations, to make their mods easier to integrate and be friendly with other mods, if the user wants to mix and mash their mods, when the mods would normally be harder to mix with stitch-pasting the codes.

EDIT: Well, 'not reading it' is a bit of a simplification, but it's the easiest way to explain it. So long as that matches the header in the file itself (or maybe even if not? Never tried...) and the first part(s) of the RAW name are the same as simlar files elsewhere, it works like all the others. See, say, Deon's Genesis Mod for examples. It's definitely not vanilla, though, so you won't see such things in your RAW folders without the presence of mods.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:50:20 am by inEQUALITY »
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 04:42:16 pm »

inEQUALITY is correct, I modded it in. As long as the first word before the underscore is the same as in vanilla, eg. entity, creature, item, etc. you shouldn't have any problems.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 05:30:36 pm »

I understand this, I was wondering if I might have missed a file in the raws. but it is quite obvious that I have not so thank you.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 07:10:55 pm »

inEQUALITY, I am afraid I require your services again!  ::)

The game STILL crashes when I try to embark as a Carthaginian. This is despite everything being fixed such that the errorlog doesn't generate any messages on the crash.

Any ideas? :(

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I hope it's not destined for the bin
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 09:49:44 pm »

Anyone? :( I can play ADV mode but my civ doesn't wear any of it's clothes plus no animals seem to be around. 0_0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2010, 09:55:57 pm »

There's probably something wrong with the entity entry. It would be helpful if you were to post it.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2010, 10:02:23 pm »

Thanks, 3.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2010, 10:24:30 pm »

Hm. Nothing jumps out at me. I'm also getting the clothing issue - more than the creatures simply not using the clothes, the civs don't seem to create them at all - but animals seem to work fine.

Giving them SUBTERRENEAN_CLOTHING has appeared to fix the issue, but I wonder why that is... after I added the tag, subsequent civs were making clothing out of leather and whatever other mundane materials they already had access to. Odd.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 10:28:03 pm »

Gonna try that now, thanks 3.  :D Also, Sanisheads (most common animals) are definitely in and working - the other ones aren't showing up, but maybe they're there and hard to find as their biomes are more picky.

EDIT: Hasn't done anything. I'm more concerned about why I can spawn with a weapon, but I haven't seen any armed people (only recruits) however. :( There's weaponsmiths and everything...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:33:25 pm by Korbac »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 10:29:43 pm »

You may be able to test that by going into legends mode and exporting a populations list by pressing p. That should list everything that's outside/underground/in a specific site.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 10:48:11 pm »

3, thanks for the help. You're fantastic. :)

Some of the creatures showed; others didn't. This was a pocket world however, trying a bigger one for more biomes. :)

EDIT: Success!

64948026 culm mice
45143641 tree flies

HIDE YOUR FOOD, VERMIN ARE COMING

DOUBLE EDIT: Any ideas why it's crashing on embark, though? :(
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:56:15 pm by Korbac »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 10:56:06 pm »

I'm more concerned about why I can spawn with a weapon, but I haven't seen any armed people (only recruits) however.

This raises an interesting point. One of my modded civs seems to have an abnormally high proportion of wrestlers compared to those of other martial professions, and all of their weapons are new. I wonder if there's some correlation here... the civ in question doesn't use much in the way of new clothing/armour, and they don't seem to have an issue on that end, but yours still didn't wear anything when I gave them the default equipment back, so... I don't know what's going on.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 10:59:30 pm »

:o Possible bug?

My main bother now is it crashing on embark. I can deal with 'pretending' the other carthaginians use weps; and I've got creatures working well. I just want to be able to play it in fortress mode (at least for now!!!)  ;)

Thanks for your help, 3.
Pages: 1 [2] 3