Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I was ambushed by Kobolds  (Read 770 times)

Oxinabox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I was ambushed by Kobolds
« on: November 24, 2010, 05:23:59 am »

It was the Cutest thing EVER.
Out they come.
4 of them, with copper and silver and iron equiptment,

1 have 40 soldiers.
Most of whom are legendary in 2 or more combat skills.

They Kobolds are so cute, thinking they could play with the big boys...

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: I was ambushed by Kobolds
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 05:47:24 am »

And doubtlessly they were masacred nontheless :P
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 06:21:31 am »

in .16 I was assaulted by a vicious mob of steel-clad kobolds.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

duckInferno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 07:05:07 am »

I set up my awesome pit trap, put some steel axe blade traps on the other side of it and finally placed a bunch of cage traps near my entrance... just in case.  An animal was tethered further in, for thieves.  I then relaxed.

A few years later, a kobold ambush appeared.  They murdered two or three dwarves before being punched away by my hastily conscripted militia.  Trap dodging fuckers.
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 07:16:08 am »

Heh, I cant help but feel kobolds got a stealth nerf somewhere recently...from previous versions im well used to thieves that surprise a hauler or fisherdorf getting a stab or 2 in with their dagger, sometimes even fatally due to no armor on said dwarves and daggers small contact area.

In my current .18 fort I have 2 rabbit pups (genesis) tethered as watch/bait and they just killed a kobold thief using their 'push' attacks, they took no wounds.

(kobold dodged the very first shot and hit the wall of my moat taking a stun, 2 pups then 'pushed' him to death over 12 pages)
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 09:42:48 am »

(kobold dodged the very first shot and hit the wall of my moat taking a stun, 2 pups then 'pushed' him to death over 12 pages)

Ow! Ow! Stop it! Stop iiiiit! Ow! That hurts! Ouch! Ahh! Ow!

Five days later

Kobold has been pushed over!
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 10:40:42 am »

If you want to see truly evil Kobolds, read this about Tucker's Kobolds.  It's something from the old tabletop Dungeons and Dragons game.

http://www.tuckerskobolds.com/

I'm an old lady, so I remember reading that article in the magazine when it came out!
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.