Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sieges based on Neighbors?  (Read 798 times)

ElTacoLad

• Bay Watcher
  • I AM The Taco Lad
    • View Profile
Sieges based on Neighbors?
« on: November 23, 2010, 06:14:06 pm »

If my only neighbors are other dorfs will I get sieges of, like, goblins?
treat it like royalty, obviously.
Quote from:  Eviltyphoon
magma
Aren't these the same thing? 
KG

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sieges based on Neighbors?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 06:15:04 pm »

no

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 06:16:01 pm »

They can't siege you if they can't get to you. You can check the neighbors before you select a site to embark at.

If you embark on an island or an isolated mountain valley you'll still get dwarves, but no one else. No elves, no humans, no goblins.

ElTacoLad

• Bay Watcher
  • I AM The Taco Lad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 06:21:17 pm »

:-\ I found an island with a volcano on it and I wanted to settle there, but what's the point of I don't get sieged?  :'(
treat it like royalty, obviously.
Quote from:  Eviltyphoon
magma
Aren't these the same thing? 
KG

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 06:33:27 pm »

Megaprojects? Also, Hell and other monsters can still arrive through the deep. Apparently recently there was a psuedoarticle in PCGamer where someone founded a fort on an evil island where he was constantly menaced by undead on the surface as well as the forgotten beasts below, and eventually lost the fort to demons, so it isn't like there's no Fun to be had on an island.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 06:39:14 pm »

Megaprojects? Also, Hell and other monsters can still arrive through the deep. Apparently recently there was a psuedoarticle in PCGamer where someone founded a fort on an evil island where he was constantly menaced by undead on the surface as well as the forgotten beasts below, and eventually lost the fort to demons, so it isn't like there's no Fun to be had on an island.

It sounds like you're talking about OILFURNANCE, the "sequel" to Bronzemurdered.

http://www.timdenee.com/oilfurnace/

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 06:44:38 pm »

It sounds like you're talking about OILFURNANCE, the "sequel" to Bronzemurdered.

http://www.timdenee.com/oilfurnace/
That was indeed to what I referred. Was too lazy to quickly seek out the thread  :)
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!